Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Julias posted:

With almost any other show, I'd be like "Naw, I'm good without the dub."

But I kinda need to see that dub now.

I wonder if Funi got the memo beforehand...also curious to see what they do with the French parts too

Who the gently caress are they going to use for the first half? Sabat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I want the French dub if only to see what they do

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I legit wonder if someone didn't realize Pop Team Epic's timeslot and thought they were watching an anime original idol harem show

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly it's my fear too because that's the kind of poo poo posting this anime incarnates.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

The only thing that can make this anime better is it creating an immense amount of salt.

Lol some way too "serious" weebs already hate it but considering making GBS threads on it is half the joke I can't tell what's real dislike and what's just shitposting. Just how I like it.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 6, 2018

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

They use an entirely different set of VA's for the skits with that weird sketchy style

Stuff like this and the giant dog are part of why I want them to make it a full show now

Also I'm imagining Popuko and Pipimi as being background characters always doing weird things

If you want a giant dog just watch Gintama, it's what they're referencing.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

All I know is my pop team epic nendoroid are now the bitcoin of anime figures once this show explodes in popularity

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Hjalmar posted:

i like pop team epic but i would not recommend it to friends or family

I recommend it to people that like Eric Andre, the shitposting of talk shows

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I liked watching the mal score by a point from 8 to 7 after one episode, but it's gone from the 20th most popular show of the season to in the top 7, and soon to be top 6

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I'm glad we found out Popuko daisuki's mambo, I hope the best for their lesbian relationship

edit: Meta jokes aside, easily my second favorite episode, this show hasn't really worn out its welcome with me at all, although I think episode 2 was the best one so far, especially with the live action gag portion.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 20, 2018

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Does funimation have enough notable male voice actors to make these jokes work? I feel like they need to pull in more guest voices if they want the M. Bison joke to still stick.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Xinder posted:

oh i figured that was just corporate speak for a buyout. Not used to companies actually working together.

I'm mostly used to them trying to kill each other: see Amazon video and chromecast never loving working together

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

i wish companies would focus on killing each other rather than killing us

oh they don't want to kill us, they just want to enslave us, very different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Well that explains why the American accent sounded weird