Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm two episodes in and uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I feel like that guy who keeps bragging he can handle spicy curry and then someone gives him some actually spicy curry and he starts visibly turning red while eating it insisting it's fine and he can handle it while coughing into his napkin between bites

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm not interested in a good adaptation of the Devilman manga, I want to see Yuasa go nuts in the way that Go Nagai lets people go nuts with his properties

and boy did he

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Since I don't think anyone else has let me be the first to say this show's soundtrack owns

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Devilman more like

Debiman

I got nothing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Oxxidation posted:

Also the only two memorable things about this show were a) Ryo's godawful English and b) YOU'RE A KID NOW / YOU'RE A SQUID NOW

I can think of like ten things I find more memorable than that

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
That sounds loving rough

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The only anime podcast I really listen to is Kanzenshuu

I listen to too many loving podcasts

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The one take I have a problem with is the cyclical doom reading of the story, that Satan is fated to destroy the world over and over again. But the post-credits sequence showing that the moon doesn't get reformed by heaven and stays split in two. It proves that there is a persistent change even in spite of the apocalypse, so next time when Satan comes back and regains his memories the chance is there that things will be different.

I've got bad news for what the two moons means

It doesn't get better.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

dogsicle posted:

miki/miko is not a lesbian relationship for the ages or anything but it's hella weird to be dismissive of miko's sexuality. she has tons of resentment towards and weird sexual fantasies vaguely involving miki and all of that is fairly textbook for someone unable to come to terms with their same-sex attraction.

like the masturbation scene in episode 2 isn't even about the dude, it's about her being Miki

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The Colonel posted:

go nagai constantly had a raging boner and nobody could really tell him to stop

telling him to stop actually made it worse since when the PTA started getting mad at him he cranked it the gently caress up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Smoking Crow posted:

I don't remember any of the music in this show other than Ryo's because it sounds like Jake the Snake

devilman is actually just that plotline where jake the snake seemed like he was helping train the undertaker but then backstabbed him in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
From my understanding "subculture" in this case means anything that's not hardcore otaku pandering

• Locked thread