Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ugliest fashion period?
1975-1979
1980-1984
1985-1989
1990-1994
1995-1999
2000-2004
2005-2009
View Results

• Locked thread
AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

Who What Now posted:

gently caress that, cloaks are what need to come back. It's like a socially acceptable snuggie.

Oh, cloaks are around. Just stop by my old college campus and you'd see them. Sometimes in groups. I once saw a cloak boy stand in the back of a room where a LOTR movie was on TV and he mouthed every single line. Even mimicked facial expressions of the characters.

The reason cloaks should never be en vogue again is because they help us discern the cloak people from the non cloak people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
The popped collar trend in the mid 2000s wasn't too horrific in a purely fashion sense, but since it was exclusively sported by douches it was loving insufferable.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sashimi posted:

The popped collar trend in the mid 2000s wasn't too horrific in a purely fashion sense, but since it was exclusively sported by douches it was loving insufferable.

I remember the popped collar on izod shirts in the early 80s! (on jock douches)

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

whatever the time is that the OP spent their formative years and developed fashion sense in

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
fashion goons are the worst, just go to any goon fashion thread.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

next Star Trek movie looking solid.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Are you implying that second one doesn't rule?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

God I only WISH I could be as powerful and angular as these fashion ladies of yesteryear

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVZOLV9SPo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

fashion in the late '80s and the very early '90s had way too many colors, headbands, and terrible hair. voted late '80s in the poll

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

Ah yes the 80s, mankind was much more boxlike with jutting sharp corners back then.
Definitely don't make women or men like that anymore, I miss colors so bright that it felt like physical assault to look at someone and every conversation felt like trying to communicate to a angry peacock and a box that got stuck in the machine from "the fly"

Ponies Ist Krieg fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 5, 2018

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The thought of 70s people having sex with each other makes me want to throw up.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
The 70's, and I started to see jeans that ride really high come back into style; it's only a matter of time until leopard print clothing comes back in vogue.
80's is bad, but it's 80's bad, like it has this uncool consistency that just works with the rest of that era. The 70's looked like a everybody was wearing wall paper or tile floors

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
The 50s. Everything afterwards has been acceptable.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
Easily the 70s, early 00s were also pretty vile

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

95-99 had the worst overall average. The best you can say about clothes from that era is that it is boring, and it only gets worse from there.

You do realize that this is people in the 90's wearing 70's clothes?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is YLLS a time period?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Spinster posted:

I remember the popped collar on izod shirts in the early 80s! (on jock douches)
Time is a wheel

Ponies Ist Krieg posted:

Ah yes the 80s, mankind was much more boxlike with jutting sharp corners back then.
Definitely don't make women or men like that anymore, I miss colors so bright that it felt like physical assault to look at someone and every conversation felt like trying to communicate to a angry peacock and a box that got stuck in the machine from "the fly"
This but unironically

Serious Party Gods posted:

You do realize that this is people in the 90's wearing 70's clothes?
It's a teen show in the 90s trying to promote neo-70s revival fashion and failing spectacularly. The late 90s had a bunch of that, as well as Nu-Metal, Europop, Techno, and what can only be described as "beige fart" in terms of American casual/office wear.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
70s easily, followed by late 90s

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Early 2000s.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Early 2000s just had some weird styles. Big ugly ugg boots, those tiny shrug cardigans, big studded belts. Hair was bad too. Everyone had those really chunky highlights so you had a stripy head. Plus it was when emo was starting to take off so there was that whole mess.

Oh and let’s not forget boho chic. White girls in maxi dresses and straw hats.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ah yes Maxi Dresses. Designed for tall and very slender women, worn by white girls auditioning to be the pumpkin carriage in their community theater production of Cinderella. So unflattering.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

d0s posted:

lol how old are you

Early 30s

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
atleast its not like 1890 and we have horrible clothing that is super hot and itches you to death

no wonder people lived to be 40

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Blue Train posted:

Hellenistic era

Hellenism was tight, the correct answer is when every man in Europe wore white tights.

Women looked good though.

Fashion right now is also pretty bad.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I miss the girl track suits they were hot

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hot girls in plush track suits could be hot, but most of the time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEQV2OJVBx4

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
^ THIS

Blue Train posted:

I miss the girl track suits they were hot
There was also Juicy Couture.

No I'm not flattered by the sweat pants with JUICY written on the rear end while waiting in line at the grocery store.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jan 5, 2018

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Hot girls in plush track suits could be hot, but most of the time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEQV2OJVBx4

True

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

^ THIS

There was also Juicy Couture.

Not I'm not flattered by the sweat pants with JUICY written on the rear end while waiting in line at the grocery store.

How about PINK?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Blue Train posted:

How about PINK?
Like the singer?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUptBgyzbyg

℗ 2003

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Fat Girl Anthem Pink is the best Pink

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
(It's actually the Peter Rauhofer :rip: gay club remix of Try.)

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Where's the 2010-2014 option

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
it's OBVIOUSLY 95-99. massive jorts and ECKO wear everywhere

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not opposed to bad taste. No taste is what I'm against. And the early 2000s had no taste.

Good taste doesn't really exist. It's a subjective concept.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
You all look like crap

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
I'm gonna go with the early 2000s. OH NO I CAUGHT MY BELLY CHAIN ON A DOORKNOB AND DROPPED MY HAIR MASCARA AND TOE RING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I'm not opposed to bad taste. No taste is what I'm against. And the early 2000s had no taste.
This is true. The 2000s were trying so hard to be laid-back in the wake of 9/11 and the end of post-USSR prosperity that it circled around to being really uptight and joyless where the lack of taste was itself the taste. Even so, late 90s was just... there was this ugly confusion behind it, like sleeping on a super-comfy old couch that smells of sweat and farts. It's this weird cultural dead zone where style got dementia.

• Locked thread