Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

im gonna put my i voted sticker on my cat when i get home and then watch him struggle to remove it

See, this is exactly the kind of voter fraud that Trump was so worried about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/t7dgqe/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-daily-show-rock----mid-term-elections

:sax: It's the Midterm Elections song!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I know whenever I see someone sitting in a car, I always make sure to get up real close and press my face up to the window so I can look directly at their crotch.

Color me skeptical that this guy was just sitting there with the gun in his lap. That would probably never have even been noticed.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

PyPy posted:

Is tonight the night it all finally burns to the ground?

We should be so lucky

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

https://twitter.com/ReaganBattalion/status/1059946765812678656

Mike Pence keeps this picture under his mattress.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Back to 6 in 7, we're saved! :toot:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Thoguh posted:

I have no idea who your local candidates are outside of a couple of high profile races so when you post 'X is doing well/poorly' I don't know if I'm supposed to be happy or sad without more context.

Hell, it took me a few moments to figure out which Lexington they meant. (Wikipedia says there's 25 or so in the US, including somehow two in Indiana.)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

That's not Bernie, his hair is combed. :raise:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

red sampson posted:

i'm eating a slim jim right now, and listening to a neglected dog bark off in the distance, and the rumbling of thunder.

That sounds peaceful. :unsmith:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

ShriekingMarxist posted:

i don't wanna jinx anything but it's looking like a *whispers* blue wave

Except for Joe Donnelly.

e: gently caress

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We're gonna die! :derp:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Thingyman posted:

Old lady on WaPo loving ruled

:yeah:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

It's the needles, it's the needles all over again!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

iSheep posted:

where the gently caress is this at please give me a link

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2018-election-results-coverage

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Careful Drums posted:

well it stopped rapidly dropping

Cheer up, things are getting worse at a slower rate!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Dissension in the fivethirtyeight ranks...

e: beaten like the blue team

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

This is my electoral map

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-GQ63NStxk

(Might be considered :nws:)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

lol we're killing the forums, I'm getting cloudflare errors all over the place

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

TwoStepBoog posted:

romney is back baby

No no, it was McCain who had the black baby

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Ted Cruz is up on stage gloating now.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Is the chapo guy dead

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Directions for the pie: "Bake until golden brown, a color we like to refer to as McCain fine gold."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

UrbicaMortis posted:

How have the midterms not ended yet?

This is nothing. Remember Bush vs. Gore.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

"We've made a deal with the GOP on voter suppression, they will issue a strong written statement decrying the practice next week, and in return we gave them four more Supreme Court seats"

Narrator: The strong written statement did come out three weeks later, but it actually granted rural election boards full freedom to discard any votes they deem suspect for any reason, with no oversight or paper trail, in the name of fighting voter fraud, which has got to be pretty much the same thing as voter suppression. The Democrats thanked the Republicans warmly for this and then voted to confirm eleven more of their judicial nominees, who would go on to uphold the vote-discarding practice.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Omarosa's ballet got tossed out in Florida.

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending-now/former-trump-official-omarosa-newmans-ballot-thrown-out-in-florida-election/869921895

"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - One of the many provisional ballots that were not counted Thursday in Duval County belonged to none other than Omarosa Newman. Yes, that Omarosa: the former Trump White House official who was fired by chief of staff John Kelly back in December.

She was once one of President Donald Trump’s loyal allies and served as his communications director for the Office of Public Liaison.

Newman relocated to Jacksonville after marrying a local pastor, John Newman.

During Thursday’s review of provisional ballots in Duval County, a member of the canvassing board said, “Omarosa Newman, registered late” and then moved onto the next ballot.

Her vote did not count.

Late registration was one of the most common reasons given during the review of the ballots.

Action News Jax reached out to Omarosa Newman, who said she’s now fighting for her vote to count.

She claims to have registered to vote on Oct. 9, which was the last day of voter registration. She’s now working with a local attorney.

She tweeted a reminder Oct. 9 to register to vote."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Taco Duck posted:

Bring in DC and Puerto Rico.

Statehood for the Northwest Angle!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

I like how it ended up being a Blue Wave it just took us days after the midterms to realize it

That's exactly the way Florida's going to disappear beneath the blue waves someday.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

"Take that, Trump! ...but before I go, are there any last-minute votes I can cast the way you want? I'll totally do it."

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I didn't even know what the Board of Equalization was. I thought it had to do with gerrymandering.

They make sure everyone is equal. They're led by the Handicapper General, Diana Moon Glampers.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

man I've voted in every michigan election including the midterms since 2004 and every single ballot ive voted on was easy fill in the bubble with the races going highest to lowest in order, nonpartisan races on the back and then props at the end.

I've never even considered any state would organise it in any other way. cripes.

2000 has such sights to show you.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

I think all of us hope to someday make history as the first Republican half-Korean-American half-Croatian-American Sagittarius Congresswoman to finish in the top three in the Iditarod.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Paramemetic posted:

lmao they would never call Black people people

Partial credit -- you're about three-fifths incorrect.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Serf posted:

unfortunately 35 is the point when you should lose the franchise, so she will in fact be too old

gently caress it, let's go full Logan's Run and have everyone go to carousel and "renew" when they hit 30.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I'm not saying the polular vote shouldn't be how the presidential election is decided, I'm saying it isn't and it realistically never will be.

The most realistic chance of it happening in the foreseeable future would be the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, but all the big blue states have already passed it and it's going to be a much tougher sell elsewhere. But hey, maybe in a blue wave year enough states would be willing to climb on board.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Wikipedia posted:

Booker gained national attention when, on December 28, 2010, a constituent used Twitter to ask him to send someone to her father's house to shovel his driveway because her elderly father was going to attempt to do it himself. Booker responded by tweeting, "I will do it myself; where does he live?" Other people volunteered, including one person who offered his help on Twitter, and 20 minutes later Booker and some volunteers showed up and shoveled the man's driveway.[57][58] On April 12, 2012, Booker saved a woman from a house fire, suffering smoke inhalation and second-degree burns on his hands in the process. Newark Fire Chief John Centanni said that Booker's actions possibly saved the woman's life.[59] After Hurricane Sandy destroyed much of the shoreline areas of New Jersey and New York in late October 2012, Booker invited Newarkers without power to eat and sleep in his home.[60] In February 2013, responding to a Twitter post, Booker helped a nervous constituent propose to his girlfriend.[61] Booker rescued a dog from freezing temperatures in January 2013 and another dog that had been abandoned in a cage in July 2013.[62][63]

Hmm. I'm kind of getting a "decent human being" vibe here, but being a decent human being pretty much guarantees being a totally ineffective president. See: Carter, Jimmy.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Also the way this thread is sort of spontaneously morphing into the 2020 primary thread is a bit frightening but I am powerless to stop it.

It's a metaphor for America :patriot:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

cenotaph posted:

I have rescued three dogs. Your move, Booker.

So I assume you've already started hanging out in Iowa and New Hampshire. Can I be on your exploratory committee? I've always wanted to be an explorer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

:thunk:

Source: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-the-heck-is-happening-in-that-north-carolina-house-race/