Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

get that OUT of my face posted:

Cruz is like Ryan in that his home state doesn't like him. the most spiteful white people live in the exurbs and not the rural parts, but as a whole, the GOP is losing some sway even there. it's increasingly looking like the only reason they can stay in power is because Texas is rigged to hell and back

on the other hand, "Texan" is shorthand for "dumb white Southern rear end in a top hat" so there's a good chance i'll be wrong

we've seen a lot of evidence from Alabama that getting dumb white southern assholes to NOT vote republican is a herculean undertaking even when the candidate is a literal pedophile

even if they hate Cruz they'll definitely vote for him over a democrat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

lol if you really think the dems are going to make the country ungovernable rather than keep on trying to pass lovely-rear end deals that give the GOP 90% of what they want

that's why the dsa are doing god's work and primarying the poo poo out of them

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LinYutang posted:

Doesn't matter how ppl wonksplain around it, people are gonna pay less taxes this year and they're hearing about Foxconn in Wisconsin

give it maybe 5 days before foxconn starts the mass layoffs

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

better yet, Renacci (the republican chud the kochs were pumping dark money into) apparently got a personal call from trump to run for the senate seat

trump mightve cost republicans the governorship too :lol:

it's a unprecedentedly stupid situation where democrats are only succeeding because president deals is a loving idiot, and they're taking that as evidence of centrism being super popular

so dumb

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

some dems will make gains in a few places but not enough to make a difference, both SUCC BLOC and demsoc types will take their meager gains as confirmation that their way is the only one, probably fueling a really big shithead to win the DNC nom on superdelegates and then 2020 is gonna be Rockabilly Nuremburg

ah yes Both Sides

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

prediction: dems sweep house and senate and then do nothing but try to compromise with nazis, setting up a 2020 trump supermajority

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Typo posted:

I genuinely think Trump might do the Clinton 94-96 thing and pass some poo poo the dems want like DACA and infrastructure if only so he can claim to be greatest bipartisan president in history

this goes against trump's bargaining strategy of "never compromise or make any kind of deal, ever"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Azathoth posted:

Uh, yeah, in anything other than that Dem Scream Death scenario above, the best they could hope to do is ineffectually pass legislation that Trump vetoes.

Well, they can impeach Trump (they should) but he's not getting convicted by the Senate unless Mueller drops a loving bombshell (unlikely) or rank and file Republicans turn on Trump (lol).

Best case scenario, this election is still just about building a base for President Bernie in 2020.

considering the fuckery republicans pulled with house control there's a lot they can do, but won't because they're spineless fucks

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dog Pipes posted:

So GOP p much retaining control of the Senate so far.

i wonder how only pandering to nonexistent moderate republicans failed

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it might take them a day or two to announce the results, they have a lot of non-white votes to shred this time

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Typo posted:

yeah I can't even make jokes anymore I'm that tense

it looks like we're landing in the stupidest result of all: Literally Nothing Changes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

looks like dems got SOMETHING though

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Yeah, but we're talking about Pelosi and Schumer so lol

tbf Pelosi sucks but even she will put up more resistance than schumer's "actively help my enemies who bray for my blood constantly"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

I get the odds are against the dems taking the senate its just weird to claim ITS OVER THEY LOST before votes are even beginning to be counted

have you heard of the electoral technique of "jinxing it"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

twoday posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS HAPPENING

fascists rig elections

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pomp posted:

Lol that any of you thought Republicans weren't gonna steal another election

at least chuck schumer gave mitch everything he wanted in return for having the election stolen, from him

incredible strategy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Augus posted:

two+ years of us constantly mocking people who blindly trust algorithms and now you're all on suicide watch because of numbers being spit out by an algorithm
lmao

wait i thought the elections were already called, is this HELLWORLD 2018 stuff about fuckin shook nate being shook

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

at least people will FINALLY be radicalized and definitely won't just do a shitload of drugs and die while racists laugh

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dolomite posted:

it'll be another 24 years before a democrat wins in texas

dems could try learning anything at all but uh

https://twitter.com/highamian/status/1059983218601050112

signs point to no

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

nate they have to literally win or lose the tossup, this means less than nothing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

if ted cruz loses then this has all been worth it

he'll probably barely win though

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

docbeard posted:

People are just panicking because 538's results model is garbage and we all have 2016-induced PTSD.

Also they probably failed spectacularly, but that's just a coincidence.

basically, go to bed, tommorw c-spam will either be drunk and parting or drunk and dead

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

It's hysterical how all left leaning ballot initiatives are doing well, but the candidates aren't.

schumer: it must be the left-leaning part that's scaring away voters

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sapphomoric posted:

very confused w/r/t what's going on

everyone's jumping the gun super hard because they've been triggered from 2016 needle nightmares

the rest of us will be triggered once dems lose for real

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

basically, silver was really accurate like once or twice and never afterwards but acts like he's the king of polls

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

pospysyl posted:

D-IN Donnelly is out lol

good

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bearjew posted:

good thing all those racist shitheads got out to vote

also the polls were rigged as hell for the most part

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

remember, in texas voting straight-ticket dem was counted as a vote for ted cruz

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/highamian/status/1059989463634468866

more takes from the brain genious

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

euphronius posted:

the gop proppped up the economy with massive deficit spending

that deficit spending depended on them losing in the midterms so they could blame dems for the blowback

except the dems are just so insanely bad at being elected

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pandanaut posted:

she was going around saying it was her destiny to win the seat and carry out trumps agenda

i wonder why the destiny argument keeps failing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

double negative posted:

lmao

spitefully showing mercy to children in the justice system to own the libs

funny thing is he thinks this is some kind of total own, like these CrimeKids will run amok and destroy society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i may have lost, but you'll be sorry once children aren't being sent to jail!!!!