Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I want republicans to lose but I don’t want the current democrats to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Frijolero posted:

Dems win both chambers, but decide to create a bipartisan commission to form a coalition government with the GOP.

we can’t pass single payer because that would destroy our coalition government with the abominable space men hell bent on our destruction.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

i think more high-ranking democrats than we think have gotten tired of tying their political fortunes to losers like the clintons and want to do things on their own terms (which may or may not be different than the direction that they've gone in for the past quarter-century... oh who am i kidding, there's no "may not" about it). there was a lot of shuddering among them when hillary released her book where she said she effectively learned nothing, and even a lot of people in congress from NY said she needs to shut up and they won't support her if she runs again

but that's for 2020. in 2018 i think both Paul Ryan and Ted Cruz will lose. Ryan's Democratic challenger is actually pretty good imo. he's Randy Bryce, a union iron worker who can stand on the bankruptcy of republican efforts to gently caress over healthcare due to his mom dying of cancer. he's getting a lot of support and exposure from the Working Families Party, who started up their branch in Wisconsin only two years ago. plus, Ryan has been shown to be really unpopular in his district and polls have him with only a very narrow lead

as for Cruz, i think O'Rourke will get the Dem nomination and thump him. some parts of Texas were the only parts of the country in 2016 where Democrats flipped counties from red to blue, and that was with a lovely candidate like Hillary. he's pro-Medicare For All so that's a huge plus

wait the dems are running a good dem against cruz!? I can be excited to vote!? in Texas!?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

oh so he’s going to lose and I can go back to drinking myself to death. a decent consolation prize tbh

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cruz is loving hated even by his own base especially after his 2016 performance. a lot of that base moved over to trump and began to despise him when he became so clearly desperate to win.

that said, still a republican in Texas and the Texas dems are garbage. but if Beto is a good dem...

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

LinYutang posted:

Trump cut taxes and is bringing factory jobs back, lol at liberal overconfidence

America is great, because America is good

- republicans in 2018

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

the only cure for presidential ambition is embalming fluid

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Bernie

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

beto o'rourke seems like he'd be fairly decent as a senator and all ted cruz has on him in his attack ads is "he was in a rock band!" and "he cusses!" but considering this is texas and people there are dumber than anywhere else in america, they probably won't care and re-elect the living ventriloquist dummy

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

Crossposting some hot takes from the Florida thread

they're all hot, in that they're good posts and I like them.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

ballotpedia will usually at least point to a new person's website/social media so it can still be a good choice

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

crazy cloud posted:

beto is gonna lose and texas is the reason

he's going to lose because he's garbage

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

logikv9 posted:

ted cruz threatens every beto voter with a personal face-to-face visit

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I have faith the dumbest poo poo will happen