Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1054348738737659904?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lmao she's loving done

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

looks like his staff live-tweeted his talking points during the debate. let's see what he says about healthcare

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewGillum/status/1054169829123543041
https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewGillum/status/1054163577987350529

so no Medicare for all

bonus succ:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewGillum/status/1054176161599836161

Christ. Well, a lesson to always be diligent when it comes to folks leveraging the left for their political ambitions is good every now and then, I suppose.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Voting early today. I am excited to lose yet again. Really brings out my inner dem.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

How can somebody so smart simultaneously be so dumb?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

White. Affluent.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Warren is a grown up rules dork who would remind the teacher to check the class’s homework.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
uh excuse me DM I think you'll find that according to section five of the combat chapter, you're only supposed to get a PLUS TWO to attack rolls, not a plus three

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

THS posted:

it was something that could have been left alone and any attack on it wouldve looked mean

heres what really happened

-warren was legitimately mad and insecure about the native american harvard thing
-she thinks about it way more than we or her constituents do
-she thinks about it because she knows shes full of poo poo and theres truth to how dumb she was to put it on a piece of paper
-humans are incapable of admitting they are wrong about very basic things like that
-like to a moth to flame she had to gum up any future chances by doing something retarded

Don't want to just emptyquote, so I'll say that her just not disappearing from the public eye until the news cycle moves on just adds further proof that this is accurate.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Azathoth posted:

Don't want to just emptyquote, so I'll say that her just not disappearing from the public eye until the news cycle moves on just adds further proof that this is accurate.
She's running for reelection in two weeks, so disappearing would not do her any good.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

wow those hillary consultants are worth every penny aint they

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Grey Fox posted:

She's running for reelection in two weeks, so disappearing would not do her any good.

Fair point, I should have said disappear from national media.

If she has to do anything more than run out the clock by doing banal campaign appearances, then she's got a bigger problem than how this plays with 2020 primary voters.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Get the gently caress outta here, Lizzy. And take your drat Warren Commission with you.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

this was in a debate, too, so right after she said it her opponent got to rake her over the coals for it, and even managed to do so without being openly racist

stick a fork in her, she's done

quote:

Ultimately, she said, she took a DNA test because she believes one way to rebuild trust in government is by posting her full family history online "so anybody can take a look. ... I believe one way that we try to rebuild confidence is through transparency."

Diehl shot back that the issue "is not about Sen. Warren's ancestry, it's about integrity in my mind, and I don't care whether you think you benefited or not from that claim, it's the fact that you tried to benefit from that claim that I think bothers a lot of people and it's something you haven't been able to put to rest since the 2012 campaign," when she first mentioned having Native American heritage that led President Donald Trump to start mocking her by calling her "Pocahontas."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

She's not "done." She's going to get re-elected. She's just going to be a big nerdy albatross hanging over the neck of the Democratic party.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Elizabeth Warren is a moron, and I'm glad of it. God forbid I go on thinking there's anyone in the democratic party that isn't a tone deaf retard. Her pulling this poo poo just makes it more obvious than ever before that the entire party is a sack of dumb assholes who cant be trusted to tie their own goddamn shoelaces.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1054194943131049986

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Thanks Brut, I hate it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
When suburbanites start jamming to disco and rock puns that means you're winning

See Van Halen's "Jump" but with boomers saying "Trump!"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

She's not "done." She's going to get re-elected. She's just going to be a big nerdy albatross hanging over the neck of the Democratic party.

Yeah, she's not done, but she's not going to be president. (I'd say she's probably too much of an embarrassment to be an eventual Senate minority/majority leader, but, well, look at Schumer. Just...look at him.)

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

docbeard posted:

look at Schumer. Just...look at him.

MODS

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/status/1054373085451837440

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

HES RUNNING FOR SENATE IN TEXAS

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FvyGydc8no

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

You rang?

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

once you go beto ... you're never going back?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

snoremac posted:

Man's never swung an axe in his life.

I'm frankly insulted by what he did, he doesn't slide his hand at all

gently caress that guy

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

she's done in 2020, I mean

she's an incumbent in a blue state so it'll be pretty impressive if she manages to lose this election, but her opening move for the 2020 campaign has wrecked any chance of being a credible challenger to TRUMP

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

When he loses we're gonna see a redux of Hillary Clinton's campaign headquarters on election night

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Technically I think Warren can still recover is she pivots hard from this to being in favor of indigenous people's rights in a big way. Not sure that she will though and frankly I'd prefer she stay in the senate anyways.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

readingatwork posted:

Technically I think Warren can still recover is she pivots hard from this to being in favor of indigenous people's rights in a big way. Not sure that she will though and frankly I'd prefer she stay in the senate anyways.

Yeah that wouldn't come off as insanely insincere lol

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

God drat are they showing this on tv?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

readingatwork posted:

This was never about anybody but herself, why would she? she’s a careerist.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

I am now a supervillain bent on world destruction and this post is my origin story. I hope you're happy.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I can never stand "viral" campaign-ad songs (never watched Fight Song and you can't make me) but I clicked this one because it features attractive women

Still couldn't watch more than 5 seconds of it

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

made it 4 seconds in

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I'm going to assume that his campaign had nothing to do with that showtunes abomination. If it did then its ggwp.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Looks like it's Reagan Battalion, so...yeah, PAC money well spent I guess.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Paid to lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hamilton has completely destroyed liberals’ brains if they thought that was a good idea