Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

so i got a letter in the mail from the "Center for Voter Information" and this is the most milquetoast poo poo. any organization that's committed to just getting people to vote, and takes no active stance on anything is extremely succ.

buncha cowards wasting money, if u ask me.

i've also seen a couple billboards that just say VOTE.

Lol got the same letter. It was also really dated and cheap looking and had no discernable message

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

wow left off Guam and the northern Mariana islands. I guess their elections don't matter to politico types. smh

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Peanut President posted:

Territorial Representatives can't vote and Territories don't get Senators so who cares

wow you don't even care that guam may elect its first female governor smh

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

A New Dad posted:

his understanding of donald trump is about on the same level as villains in his cartoon shows, the extent of our political indoctrination is telling him to be kind and considerate to everyone

My three year old saw a portrait of trump in a federal building's waiting room and loudly declared "thats donald trump! Donald trump is a villain. He's a villain president. They should put him in a trash can and lock him in a cage" and then mimed closing and locking a door.

I swear I haven't actually coached her on any of this nor attempted to brainwash her. It's amazing what kids pick up from their parent's conversations.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I just want to point out that I was talking about the guamanian gubernatorial election pages ago, and y'all thought it was a JOKE

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

.47 point difference in FL governor race and .22 in Senate. Sounds like good odds of shrinking in the coming days

A dem victory in either case or in AZ would be worth it for the lols alone as tweets fly with accusations of electoral fraud

Edit: more people in Broward county voted for the state commissioner of agriculture than for the Senate, according to the preliminary results

Lmao

Thesaurus has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Nov 8, 2018

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

.21% gap in Senate

Lmao it's a hand recount

I also have no clue what a state agriculture commissioner does, but it appears Floridians are passionate about the office

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

"The machines are pretty accurate"

Hmm, yes, that seems like a fine standard for counting votes

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

this is the latest update from the arizona secretary of state website btw:

Lmao

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I'm seriously struggling to follow these weird counting snafus and dueling lawsuits in AZ GA and FL

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Is there a way of captueing and refining an extract of the sensation of a dem senator winning against the odds? Wondering how I can save up a supply to inject into my veins during all of the other times of darkness

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

the blue version of hurricane Florence landing with moderate winds but just slowly flooding the whole region for many days to come

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Al! posted:

(meeting A Beatle and Rolling Stones)

Um, that was his Successful son Derek who is involved in managing Coachella

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

Follow ur grift dreams.

Schaefer has owned real estate in several places. In 1986 his tenants were awarded $1.83 million in damages because he had them liviing in slum conditions. “That put me in bankruptcy. It was a humbling experience. Made me as poor as a journalist,” he says.

He has been disbarred in Nevada. He was first disbarred in 2001 and four attempts for reinstatement have failed. The Nevada Bar says his misconduct involved “dishonesty, deceit, [and] fraud." Former Las Vegas Mafia lawyer and mayor, who once repressented former San Diego Mayor Roger Hedgeock, stuck up for Schaefer in a reinstatement hearing, saying he has known him for 40 years and he is “a character I have admired."

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

(meeting a Beatle and Rolling Stones)

Thesaurus posted:

Um, that was his Successful son Derek who is involved in managing Coachella

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

let's just say that the board of equalization moved me... TO A BIGGER HOUSE

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Dem rapidly closing in on a seat that was already "called" for the R

https://twitter.com/CATargetBot/status/1061815491126128641?s=19

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Grondoth posted:

Is Florida ever gonna get its poo poo together?

broward county finished the machine recount by the deadline but uploaded the results 3 minutes late, thus invalidating the entire effort

lmao

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/martindvassolo/status/1063206251209854977?s=19

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Are there any others that need to be airbrushed out of the congressional freshman orientation pic?

https://twitter.com/AaronWodka/status/1062787913941798912?s=19

Thesaurus has issued a correction as of 03:09 on Nov 16, 2018

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Lmao trying to picture the reaction of those techs

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

What's the source for the details of the fraud, like the $40000 payment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

pillsburysoldier posted:

how many more counts are still going on ?

I dunno but they just did a recount for a *tied* Alaska Senate or house race and it resulted in the Republican coming out one vote ahead