Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

one of these years i’m gonna burn all my holiday time to just sit at home and watch GDQ all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

last night i told my cat to wake me up in time to catch AGDQ

the monkey's paw curled and she started waking me up as early as 5AM but hey, at least i won't miss any GDQ!!

god i'm tired

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

BLECHY HELL YEA

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

also lmfao at gdq chat being sub only that owns, hope it stays

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

doubt it’s gonna happen but i hope they beat last years donation total so i can keep laughing at the people who whine that gdq is “too sjw”

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

How good are Ratchet and Clank runs normally? New Game Plus should be really cool.

they’re really good imho

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

lmao qwark t posing in the wall

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Artic Puma posted:

This run made me want to buy splatoon 2.

it's good

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

oh no i kinda want that skyrim switch

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

"speedrun selfie!!"

*points camera away from crowd*

:effort:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i am regretting leaving this run on in the background while leveling up in wow

that run deserved my full attention

gonna have to watch it again later !

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

guys i’m fuckin hype for f zero

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

last time f zero was at gdq it was one of my favorite speedruns ever

it’s a different category and runner this time but i’m still hype

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

oh no they’re playing the most vanilla category

oh nooooo

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i’m so disappointed

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

id be cool with time attack if they weren’t playing a category that requires them to remain glued to the track at all times

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

wtf was with that hurricane harvey donation

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

stream is eating poo poo for me

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ThePagey posted:

I think it's important to take note that I did not base my name on loving Yooka-Laylee, and that this game being about collecting pageys is completely coincidence.

lmao get a load of this yooka laylee mega fan over here

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

In case anyone was curious, the donations are higher at this point compared to the last two AGDQs.

extremely nice

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

timp posted:

Say what you will about trouser snake but I am really into the way he wears pants

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

she’s dead jim

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i think i might buy that glitched light t-shirt from yetee because i’m a whore for kid icarus

not sure what else id pick up though but i’d want to because it would feel kinda weird to buy just one t-shirt

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

buy the splat shirt!!

eh it’s a bit... busy? for my tastes. not super wild about it. i kinda like the mega man one but it’s a bit too obvious/not stylish, i dunno, i’m very particular about my gaming shirts

Agent355 posted:

Anybody know why there's no bonesaw this year? I know he was banned last year, did he just not apply this year? I miss the interesting runs.

he was executed live on camera after his jak run

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

It is. I didn't know either, and I asked in another thread. It's supposed to be from Breath of the Wild.

Is it really a big deal if they don't break the record from last time? The aim is to raise money for PCF. Whether that's $100,000 or $1,000,000, it going to a cause to help people. Obviously, it would be great if they could bring in more donations, but if they don't raise as much as they did last year, I don't think they're going to cancel the event or anything.

i was extremely doubtful that they’d break 2 million this year anyway since a huge chunk of that came from a surprise bamco anime pack in the final day or so that was filled to the brim with incredible poo poo. they kinda tried to do that again at sgdq but it was a bit underwhelming.

i don’t really see that lightning striking twice, but my concern now if they don’t hit it is that dweeboid idiots are going to point to it as GDQ becoming “too corporate/SJW”

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

heading to work where i have like nothing to do for the next week so i’m looking forward to getting paid to watch AGDQ

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

"there's a lot to explain"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

this game looks not very fun tbh

this applies to the majority of sonic games but especially the advance/rush games

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

hey actual sonic players, is it supposed to be pronounced hydro city or hydrocity (like velocity)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i prefer hydrocity (like velocity) but also the only sonic game i played and like is generations so i don't think i'm an academic here

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Why the gently caress haven't some of you played Sonic Mania yet it's $20 and literally on every console there is smdh. I bet you all pronounce "mario" as "mare ee yo" too......

i'm in the middle of like 12 other games and have a handful of other poo poo on switch i'd rather pick up first

source: has no nostalgia for sonic

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

That's the beauty of it my friend, you don't need nostalgia for it. It's legitimately good on its own. And you can beat it in like 3-4 hours or something. But I'm a let and let live kinda guy. What are some other games on your list btw?

still wanna play mario + rabbids because it looks creative and chill
have thumper and enter the gungeon on my wishlist even though i have them on PC but now i just wanna play them on the couch and on the go
battle chef brigade looks cool
i have that celestial elephant game on my wishlist but haven't heard anything about it. I ionder if it's good......
wanna get furi because it sounds sick and i never played it on pc or ps4

also i don't need to buy it because i have the treasure trove but the new shovel knight campaign should be coming out soon!!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

though i do wanna be clear sonic mania does look pretty sick, i just am not a huge fan of actually playing sonic games. generations was an anomaly

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Enter the Gungeon is EXTREMELY GOOD and was my 2016 goty!

i love it aesthetics wise because everything is a gun and i respect the hell out of that, only put a few hours into it because i found the balance a bit slow/tough for my tastes

but i'm keeping my eye on it since the new update and will see what word is when the gungeons and draguns update hits

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Majuju posted:

for the record my 2017 goty was Stardew Valley Switch

my wife got stardew valley last week and i haven't been able to put my hands on the switch since then

we're gonna have some problems whenever an animal crossing comes out

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Majuju posted:

I'm sure you can save up and buy another switch before 2027

we'll probably buy another switch but i'll miss having all our games pooled up onto one screen :negative:

can you even have one account on two switches, or would we have to each create an account on both switches? these are the questsions that keep me up at night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

aw poo poo dawgs, going into a MEGA MAN block!! gently caress yea

• Locked thread