Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BEST KONG
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 76 6.13%
Diddie Kong 75 6.05%
Dixie Kong 84 6.77%
Lankey Kong 129 10.40%
Funky Kong 189 15.24%
Mario 198 15.97%
Tiny Kony 65 5.24%
Candy Kong 61 4.92%
Chunky Kong 89 7.18%
Cranky Kong 125 10.08%
Wrinkley Kong (R.I.P.) :qq: 149 12.02%
Total: 719 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

HOOOOOOOOOOIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Btw if anybody remembers me as the person who dated a deer (if you don't remember it's a long story), I have a normal boyfriend now.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

nullEntityRNG posted:

If I practice speed running while watching other speed run, on a scale of 0 to 10 how much have I lost control of my life?

Did they ever reveal what's going to be the substitute to the kill/save animals thing? Ya know, since it doesn't seem super metroid is on the list?

We're still doing save/kill the animals. This time it applies to Tintin in Tibet.

Not really but I'm guessing people will still be donating to save/kill the animals anyway as a joke so not really not really.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

They're re-playing the previous agdq right now on twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

There was a program (or perhaps two programs working in tandem) that allowed twitch to pop out and play in its own window on your computer without commercials or the chat. It was linked in the OP of every GDQ thread but this one. What was/were the program(s)?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

TeaJay posted:

It's in the slow thread OP, Streamlink Twitch GUI

I suggest Grandpa puts it in this OP too before the event actually starts so people can prepare and set it up (is real easy though)

Thanks! I don't see the slow thread so I missed it!

Edit:

Cory in the Blouse posted:

If you just want an html5 video browser popout without chat or any of the other twitch site nonsense, try https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=gamesdonequick

No I was talking about Streamlink etc etc. I had an older version and needed to update to the latest version.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I've been watching since AGDQ 2012 and I remember one middle of the night run during SGDQ 2013 (don't remember the actual run) I was like one of the only people watching and I held a conversation with the runner via donations.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

If anyone is curious I spent $65 on that conversation but I did win one of the prizes (a drawing of Ren and Stimpy).

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

TeaJay posted:

I tend to remember the good stuff, not focus on the bad ones. Although I will admit I'm real bad with awkward stuff and can't even bear to watch replays of stuff like the "jump in front of the shuttle" guy.

If we could just delete all the videos from the internet and hard drives of "jump in front of the shuttle" guy I would be OK with that.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Every time!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm bummed because I ordered a pizza about an hour ago and I specified gluten free (because Celiac) and it arrived and it was, like, an inside out pizza. I called the pizza place and they were like, "You didn't want it Chicago style?" No, I wanted it gluten free, like I said, and like you repeated back to me at least one time. They're remaking it but it hasn't come yet so I'm hungry and grumpy. And I have a pizza I can't use. I hope this doesn't happen during the marathon proper.

Edit: That said any goon in NW West Virginia/SE Ohio can have a free pizza.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 7, 2018

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Corek posted:

There were literally 54 animorphs books and a new one came out every month as a way to extort children

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Animorphs_books

Wrong. There were 64 Animorphs books. Poser.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Brother Entropy posted:

really? drat, even as a little kid i somehow knew when a series was worth giving up on

Harsh. They've all been uploaded online. I quit reading when I hit 7th grade and Animorphs were "uncool" but a few years ago I went back and reread them all* and it was actually pretty good. I particularly liked the Chronicles books.

*barring the Alternamorphs monstrosities

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Brother Entropy posted:

sorry bub i'm an adult now and don't have that kind of time to waste on childish things

[considers taking an unpaid day off work just to watch speedruns on whichever day has the best runs i'd miss]

is understandable

beep by grandpa posted:

This is all of us tonight and the rest of this week...and it makes me so happy...

This is for you guys...from me...this is how I feel when I post with u all and I hope u feel the same about your favourite poster (me)

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Yeah, and then you had to actually read the book, not just equip a gun or a hat to your character. Kids these days are pansies.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Serious time guys. My friend Eli is 13 and has brain cancer. He loves getting cards from all around the world, it's his "thing." Please draw a poop emoji on it, that will make him even happier! I'm going to be posting this every so often throughout the week.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1807308812843058/ (edit: link might not work for some people)

Eli Clark
499 Montgomery Hill Rd
Walker, WV 26180

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 11, 2018

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Oh, awesome, I am getting the Splatoon shirt. Like half my nerdy shirts at this point are GDQ shirts.

I used to watch GDQs alone but I remember it being so much better when I realized goons were watching and posting too. (I don't really post much the rest of the year.) Telling everyone about My Boyfriend, The Deer was a magical time and then when I came back six months later and people remembered me for that was really heartwarming to me.

Edit: Heartwarming like that ^^^^

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 7, 2018

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I've never been top three at anything in my life! :swoon:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

beep by grandpa posted:

u are in my heart

...but tbh I didn't care for most of Korra that much except for all of Season 3 which was like unbelievably good and on par with OG TLA

Nobody recognizes my avatar. Wow.

OG ATLA is my favorite show of all time, but S3/S4 Korra is pretty tight. Needless to say I'm a massive Korrasami shipper.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Doc Hawkins posted:

Gosh, guess we'll all just have to keep quoting this one post then.

Real talk though would it be annoying if I posted Eli's address every so often? He really does love getting cards from all over, it's kind of his thing. He's received tens of thousands since he was diagnosed.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Dias posted:

Oh, no, please do. I'll need a reminder because I also have to figure out how the gently caress you do international shipping for postcards because I never sent one by itself from here.

:swoon:

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

J33uk posted:

Just sent you a PM

Got it and replied!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

TeaJay posted:

Please post this again or put it in the OP so I still remember this on a weekday.

I'm going to post it again but I have no power to put it in the OP. I have the edit that he would appreciate poop emojis drawn on the cards.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Thursday Next posted:

I lost a friend to that poo poo a couple years ago. Does Eli want any cool toys, or just cards? Because I would totally be down for getting him a drone or a model kit or whatever. I’ve got cash, and I hate cancer.

If you wanted to send an object (which you really don't have to do), he's really into the poop emoji. But honestly his thing is cards, and he's literally received tens of thousands at this point from all over and read every single one.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

TeaJay posted:

I am over 30 and also I do not know what a poop emoji is but I will do everything in my power to find out.

Edit: I need to get to bed if I'm going to wake up in time for the start of the marathon.

The Lobster fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 7, 2018

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The Lobster posted:

Serious time guys. My friend Eli is 13 and has brain cancer. He loves getting cards from all around the world, it's his "thing." Please draw a poop emoji on it, that will make him even happier! I'm going to be posting this every so often throughout the week.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1807308812843058/

Eli Clark
499 Montgomery Hill Rd
Walker, WV 26180

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Bought my Yetee shirts so we are good to go! I also have my first donation prepped which I will post here once I've done it cause it's a pun.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Your Computer posted:

i'm still not over the fact that it is NOT a DS and he is NOT a dad smh

Lies

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Haha, nice Twitter skit.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

OK it's noon, get the lady off the stage.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

a.lo posted:

wow its just like twitxh chat

You're welcome.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

beep by grandpa posted:

it was 100% the donations from misinformed donators that lead to this

That's pretty heartwarming really.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

So I donated so be listening for this sick pun, "What charity do you go to when your grandma gets run over by a reindeer? The Prevent Prancer Foundation!"

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

The Lobster posted:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1807308812843058/

Eli Clark
499 Montgomery Hill Rd
Walker, WV 26180

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I learned about counting in binary when I was in elementary school and I'm constantly surprised when others didn't.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

beep by grandpa posted:

I'm about to run to wawa what do y'all want

Coke Zero please!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

some goddamn Sheetz

This is what we have too.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

beep by grandpa posted:

where is there an overlap for Sheetz and Wawa anyway? Rural PA? I've been in the philly area my whole life and haven't been to a sheetz

I don't know but I do this super nerdy thing where I paint rocks with cute designs and then put them places for people to find with instructions to post on FB when they do and a really good place to put them is Sheetz.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Who's the single person sitting on the Yellow Couch of Shame?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm loving this run but I need food. What do I do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

DizzyBum posted:

They have this thing now called "delivery"

Not where I live. Except pizza which I had last night.

• Locked thread