Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Oh hell yes. The new ImpJustice thread is always my favorite part of a new year. :allears: Stay "Super" my friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

every time I think about this post I lol

quote:

To pass the time until the next Injustice 2 character reveal, I've been imagining the ease with which Superman could dispatch of the entire Guilty Gear cast.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Keep your head up bud

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

What Am i looking at

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Thinking about this from NCS again

quote:

To pass the time until the next Injustice 2 character reveal, I've been imagining the ease with which Superman could dispatch of the entire Guilty Gear cast.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's super fun I think I'm gonna buy it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

What's auction mean on that spreadsheet?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

an auction tourney is when they pull character names out of a hat and put them for auction to the crowd, and thats your pay into the pot. so perceived tier lists governs a lot of the dollar amounts, and then people bid 150 dollars on katarina bc she has a nice rack. auction tourneys are also bo1 single elim so people just get trashed left and right by the 3 pros who show up to buy some trash tier char for tree fiddy and pwn everybody and take home cash.

Lmao that owns ok cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

It's coming out in like 3 weeks iirc. I'll be playing the cooler trash game for morons with too much dlc: blazblue cross tag battle

Me too but on the Nintendo Switch :genious:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm also going to hijack this thread for Mario Tennis next weekend because it has meters and poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Holy crap

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Soul Calibur 6 open beta on PS4 and XB1 next weekend

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Oh gently caress yeah. I can't wait to play this

mysterious loyall X posted:

gently caress you bamco

Lol I love this forum

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wormskull posted:

PC Beta? Lmfao, sounds like the Obama administration. Remember to lay the smack down upon that follow button for more in your face content, no pulled punches. Wormskull

Lmao. And no it doesn't require PS+ apparently

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Even if it was I think you can just make a new PSN account on your machine and get a free trial of + without even putting a credit card in

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

This is fun but I hate them not putting a training mode in these betas. Does this game even have, like, specials with direction inputs? Because i've tried a lot of the usual suspects but it's really hard to tell if they do anything, especially with the animations being so busy (which isn't really a criticism, the pace is cool but it just makes it really hard to figure things out during a live match compared to 2D stuff like Cross Tag where it was very clear immediately what my inputs were doing even without a tutorial) . Either way I think I really like the flow of this game even though I'm not sure what's going on.

Also I thought R2 was a Super shortcut too but then I played as Ivy and no matter how full your meter is R2 doesn't do poo poo (unless you're guarding a combo and use it to do that "push them away" thing that I forget what it's called in other games). I did her Super once but I have no idea how

goferchan fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 29, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

And yeah I have no clue what happens in Reversal Edge lol it just feels like a coin flip

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Sometimes betas are just the full game with no online for 4 weeks because the game is gold and they wanted to provide a copy for locals, and sometimes it's this trash where you have to stare at a menu for 7 minutes before it connects you to a 1 bar euro and I uninstall before the load screen is done.

I will say that even though the wait for matches is awful Ive been really impressed with the netcode with the "4+ bars only" option . But i'm also an eternal fg noob and don't notice bad connections unless they're really bad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN8U1EtQsyY

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

^ click to see quoted post ^

:worship: awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Gloomy Stance

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

are u guys on PC or PS4?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

spb posted:

Mk11 hoipe

I hope they keep the gear system from injustice 2 lol it's cool . Like smash spirit board + dress up

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Negan hype

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tekken has a cool learning curve because (at least with some characters) you have some very basic and easy to execute combos that don't really do that much less damage than the more complicated ones. So you can practice a bit, then play matches and focus on like sidestepping and punishing whiffs and positioning, then go practice some more and look up some frame data, then play some more and try and use what you learned, etc.

Characters have a billion loving moves but for me it's been helpful to just focus on a few and learning when the best time is to use them (there's some youtube series of "12 best moves for _____" that i found helpful) and then when i'm comfortable with that , work on expanding more and more moves into my toolkit. As a fighting game noob it's been a really fun game to learn; you don't really have to understand all the systems to get in there and fight, and it's been really rewarding to understand more about the game one chunk at a time and then see it pay off during matches

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

it depends on what move you're trying to do. if the qcf move is katarina's crouch dash which is technically a stance. you're supposed to delay the attack button input a bit, its not like a hadoken or w/e where you want to do the motion and hit the button at the same time. FOR most characters.

harrier is just F,4 i don't think there's any qfcs that get you into it . just some other moves that transition into it if you hold F after

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I think it was IT who told me that one of the best things that makes Tekken a good game to learn is that when you get stomped , the round might not even last 10 seconds . This rules because (A) it doesn't drag poo poo out and (B) it makes it a lot easier to analyze where you hosed up and let them destroy you . That's not a quality it really shares with SFV

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm trying to learn Claudio now i think

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tekken is really fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol that Yoshimitsu comeback was so tight