Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Definitely looking better than that other fighter coming out in a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

For those interested there is going to be an open beta for Dragon Ball Fighterz on January 14th and 15th on PS4 and Xbox1. If you preorder on either the PSN story or the Xbox1 store you get access a day earlier on the 13th. From all accounts it's going to be a limited roster with only Ranked and Player matches.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

PC. Cant wait to use hacks to even the playing field against try hards.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Dragon Ball Fighterz is good. I win 75% of my games by just holding back and punishing super dashes, which gets kind of boring, but when it doesn't devolve to that it's awesome.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

b_d posted:

what button layout are people using for dbfz? i was thinking A B C / S Z1 Z2 like marvel 3 but that makes super dash weird. I guess you want the main buttons in a square.. but how

That's the layout I use because I'm used to A B C from UNIEL. I tried to do M H S / L A1 A2 at first but I kept hitting S thinking it was H. Super dashes aren't that weird but some of the supers use HS which feels a little weirder. You might want to consider macroing HS to something.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

And yes Dragon Rush feels weird that way and it also makes it harder to tech, I think I've teched it once on reaction. It's so slow but it seems like a tight window to tech.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I got to "Android" rank and now I'm starting to fight people who are kicking my rear end. When played properly this game is awesome, it feels great to catch someone and then take 50-60% of their life with crazy looking stuff. Once people get their hands on training mode things are really going to explode.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Frosty Faustings starts today: http://frostyfaustings.com/schedule/

I hope the mystery tournament is Fight of Gods.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Android 16 has too many good buttons.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Actually the tagging is kind of hosed in this game, if you ask me. Sometimes I'll tag when I don't want to and sometimes I won't tag when I want to. The way it's supposed to work is you press the assist button to do an assist, and you hold it to do a tag. If you press forward + assist you'll tag instantly. It still feels unresponsive, though. You also can't tag in a character that is on assist cooldown unless you do a z change, which is tagging in during a super.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

nice what an epic fighting game that requires you to do this

You don't even know what you're talking about, retard.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You need to earn that much overall from playing. Spend it as much as you want. You can also unlock them in Arcade Mode by S ranking certain courses. I haven't played the AI so idk how easy that is.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Hit is a little nuts especially when sparked and the person starts mashing like crazy. I lost two whole characters and almost lost the game completely when some guy with a connection that spiked to 20f used Hit last. His movement is insane but his buttons are slow, especially his lows, and his air game sucks. I haven't played anyone who is crazy good with him yet so I can't give any tips, really.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

You can play casual matches and it won't effect your record.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

extremebuff posted:

you need to be really quick to see overheads and grabs coming, im getting my rear end kicked

Dragon Rush is very fast when it's done close up. I saw some breakdown of it somewhere and you have something like 3-4 frames to input another dragon rush in order to tech in time when it's done point blank so it's not possible to react to it. You have to make a read. The universal overhead is pretty slow so reacting to that will come with time.

Another note with Dragon Rush is that you should always try and tech it by inputting your own Dragon Rush command. Even though you can tech it with any button, if you are in the startup of a move when Dragon Rush lands you won't be able to tech it.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I don't hate it or think it's bad necessarily but the game just makes me mad when I lose which is a sign that I'm not enjoying it. The character balance being completely whack where you have to use at least one of 4 specific characters to do well doesn't help, either.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Wormskull posted:

I can lose a lot in ST because I like coming to the understanding about how to stop something specific, and there's a lot of opportunity per time spent as far as learning from mistakes, but in DBZF if you make a mistake the round isn't over but you do have to watch the other guy do poo poo to you for a really long time.

Yeah I think this is what makes losing so infuriating in DBFZ. If you're down even one character the odds are so stacked against you that you're basically on borrowed time, and if it's a 3v1 situation you might as well just stop pressing buttons because without assists you have no pressure. I guess that's how team games have always worked but I had never played one before so it was all new to me. I don't like it, though, especially since the round timer is loving 5 minutes.

UNIEL has long combos and really long pressure strings but at least you have the capability to come back and win if you can hold out long enough to turn the tables, and pretty much all the characters feel really loving good to play and have badass normals.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

UNIST is my favorite fighting game of all time probably.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I started playing DBFZ again and my stance on it has softened a bit but the online lobby system is still stupid and as I'm typing this I've been waiting almost 10 minutes to be matched with someone and only gotten one hit where the person instantly declined.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

She's one of the most execution heavy characters in a game that's already pretty execution heavy. I tried her out myself a few months ago but it was too much work, so I dropped her pretty quick. She looks badass, though.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

In Training posted:

It also doesn't hit low, it hits mid.

This is beyond the pale.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

This picture sums up the hosed up disparity between the normals in this game, both of those are the same button with the same purpose (universal anti-air). That's the most extreme example but there's a lot of poo poo like that in the game and it makes playing characters that you actually like really hard.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

To be fair, Beerus also sucks rear end and he's supposed to be the motherfucking God of Destruction.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It's actually my understanding that Goku Black is starting to fall out of favor at high levels compared to before and some characters, like Gotenks, are seeing a surge in usage (mainly because I think SonicFox likes him now), but I'm not really keeping up with the meta for this game. So maybe someone will discover some awesome Beerus or Majin Buu tech that make them amazing all of a sudden, but I'm not holding out hope.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bump with sick Danger Time moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ5kqNDMnN0

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/dragon-ball/news/free-update-dragon-ball-fighterz?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Patch notes for the big balance patch. Summary: We can continue to not play this game.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

extremebuff posted:

thats a lot of notes, did they not fix critical issues or something?

also loaded up tek7 yest and started practicing miguel. im so hype for soulcal and i wanna learn this and get some good matches in before SC6

The "critical issues" to me are not fixable in a balance patch I guess but I'm not going to go over them here because what dinosaurjerk posted earlier in the thread is basically how I feel about the game as well. The problem I have with these notes is that they played up major balance changes for most of the cast and they amount to hardly anything with the exception of nerfing Android 16 a lot (which he did need to be nerfed, to be fair). 90% of the patch notes are preceded by "Fixed an issue with" meaning that they aren't balance changes but bug fixes.

Take Beerus for instance, all of his changes amount to fixing some graphical glitches, removing his infinite, and reducing recovery on one of his normals. He's still going to be rear end because his orbs are still pointless, his hitboxes are still loving stupid, and he still needs meter to get knockdown outside of corner. Again, not something that can maybe be fixed in an interim balance patch, but I was expecting a little more on the buffing bad characters side of things.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Tetris Attack with netplay would be cool...but yeah I don't really care that much. Fightcade 2 is fine.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Hell yeah. When claw loses we all win.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

This best of 5 ST tourney will be concluded in the time it takes to complete 1/10 of one match of DBFZ.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenCuriousCarabeefTooSpicy

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

They spent half the Fei Long/Dhalsim set talking about actual chicken wings.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

https://clips.twitch.tv/AdorableJazzyWalrusUWot

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

https://clips.twitch.tv/CreativeBeautifulKaleHotPokket

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliviousRefinedHornetBIRB

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

It unlocks at midnight tonight, can't wait to have a real training mode.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Waldstein is top tier so I have no complaints.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005