Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

'It's girls! Don't let them come any closer!'

Here's a 2008 release of a 2007 port of a 2004 arcade game of loud explosions, and shooting people on the screen. Ghost Squad is the kind of title to spice up exposition monologue with people being beaten up in the background. It is incredibly manly, as evidenced by a Wii-exclusive mode about four players unloading their squirt guns on bikini models from the hip.

Run 1: Don't leave any traces behind.

Run 2: You saved my life again.

Run 3: Make a stealth entry.

Run 4: It's a booby trap.

Odds and ends.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Man, I was hoping for paranormal Time Crisis, not tactical Time Crisis.

Also, I really wonder where they got those high-score names from. I mean, MacArthur I get, I guess, but who the hell put John von Neumann on the table?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've never played the Wii version, but I've put more quarters than is probably healthy into the arcade game.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also you can only play Ghost Squad one way now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIleBJpXf4Q

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I played through this game a fair bit in the arcades. I'm super cool though so the only weapon I used was the revolver.

Six shots were more than enough to kill anything that moves, you see.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Wow, what a palette cleanser after the last game. Everything about this game is amazing.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

I played this game a ton whenever my high school let us out. It was a hell of a game, and the SMG controller was really neat.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Pretty much the only way you're gonna be able to play this soon is on console. Sega's shooters are top notch, but their new arcade guns cost more than $500 each. Kids grab and bash them constantly, and it's hard to keep a gun running more than one season. They're an endangered species in the wild.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ghost squad goals

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Ghost Squad gets hard.

Run 2: You saved my life again.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I remember playing this at a friends a long time ago and got so nostalgic in the past year or two when I was reminded that this game exists that I bought it.

I only wish this game didn't take forever to level up! :( And I didn't suck so drat hard at the plane boss

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I lost it at the plane boss. How long can you last? :allears:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

I lost it at the plane boss. How long can you last? :allears:

Oh my god, this is the greatest thing ever!

Edit: I lost it at the lady ninja with normal grunting voices. And then I really lost it at the river...

azren fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 12, 2018

Kangra
May 7, 2012

The president has been kidnapped by bad dudes.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

More games need reskin modes like this.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
You're right, I wasn't ready.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We need a full game set in the ninja universe.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

We need a full game set in the ninja universe.

There was a pretty bad ninja rail shooter for SNES. It even had mouse support!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

She has her revenge.

Run 4: It's a booby trap.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

No, it's not the only game to get extra titty added to the Wii release; the Wii version of Fatal Frame 2 has extra fanservice costumes, iirc.

Also, this game is insane, and I'm not sure there's anything I don't like about it. As a viewer.

azren fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 15, 2018

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

azren posted:

Also, this game is insane, and I'm not sure there's anything I don't like about it. As a viewer.

Not even the sound effects in that last video? Those drove me crazy.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
For some reason the last video reminded me of the movie Spring Breakers.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I must admit, I appreciated how your attackers would shout "DIE" or "TAKE THIS" in the voice of a hardened terrorist, and then collapse with the feeble whimper of a college girl on break whose fruit-medley blended drink just triggered her tooth sensitivity

I also appreciate that in your screenshot there, your foe appears to be wearing jeans under her, uh, legs, I guess :shrug:

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

SatansOnion posted:

I must admit, I appreciated how your attackers would shout "DIE" or "TAKE THIS" in the voice of a hardened terrorist, and then collapse with the feeble whimper of a college girl on break whose fruit-medley blended drink just triggered her tooth sensitivity

I also appreciate that in your screenshot there, your foe appears to be wearing jeans under her, uh, legs, I guess :shrug:

Oh, that's just her Indigo Wolf (temporary) tattoo! All the girls in the sorority get one!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

All is well that is not RE Chronicles.

Odds and ends.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

And thus, at the end, we play the best mode in any lightgun shooter - John Woo mode. Sure, it costs double the money to play, but man, is it ever worth it. Though in games where you have a choice of weapons, it should always be played with pistols for maximum trigger-pulling action.

Thanks for another fun LP. I'd probably have had a kick playing this in the arcade, but on the Wii, I'd probably just have stuck to House of the Dead: Overkill.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

EasilyConfused posted:

Not even the sound effects in that last video? Those drove me crazy.

I found them hilarious.

There's probably something wrong with me.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
Great LP, hope your hand feels better!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Umbrella Chronicles was a really bad game. The worst part was reloading was done with the nunchuck; which if you were using the light-gun frame meant you lost your aim.

That's still the only Resident Evil game I've ever played.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

This was a ride, thanks!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That's the worst video game flashlight I've ever seen.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
i actually own this weird poo poo and i'm glad someone else remembered it enough to bother recording it

now do Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns like a real man

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

GamesAreSupernice posted:

i actually own this weird poo poo and i'm glad someone else remembered it enough to bother recording it

now do Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns like a real man

What a terrible opinion you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

GamesAreSupernice posted:

like a real man
Heh...

• Locked thread