Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
All his suits fit terribly lol. The fact you don't think he's fat goes some way to explaining your football posts. Turns out you're blind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

you spelt orpah wrong OP

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Orpah Wnifrey

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Reprisal posted:

IIRC he was the tallest primary candidate. i’d bet his BMI is lower than HRC’s.

*Jeb! stands on toes*

Jeb!: No I'm the tallest!

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

MaxxBot posted:

*Jeb! stands on toes*

lmao isn't he 6'4" or something

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Metal Cat posted:

lmao isn't he 6'4" or something

he was literally the tallest person running for pres and he still did that, yes

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I wish I was tall. :smith:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

somebody pull 20 people off the street that aren't in the anti-reality media bubble that actually support oprah for president. i'll give whoever does $100

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Oh you could find them, but you'd find 20 for Kanye just as fast, so it's meaningless

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Reprisal posted:

i don’t think a fat person can win an election for president.

if HRC looked like Nikki Haley she’d be sitting in the White House.
Roughly half of the postwar pres' have been fat. Trump, Clinton, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, all chubby guys (trump egregiously so)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i got a poll in an email from the Progressive Campaign Change Committee and it was a poll about presidential candidates post-Oprah. it asked whether you want her to run (i said no), whether you'd approve if she ran (i picked the lowest level of approval), one-on-one matchups between her and Sanders and her and Elizabeth Warren (picked against Oprah for both), and a three-way matchup between all of them (i picked Bernie). i'm keeping an eye out for a follow up email with the results. internet polls aren't the end-all be-all but i really don't think there is widespread support for a talk show host who gave a platform to hucksters

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Oh you could find them, but you'd find 20 for Kanye just as fast, so it's meaningless
true, but i doubt many people outside of the blue checkmark mafia and people who think their media work influences people seriously think she'd be any good

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

i got a poll in an email from the Progressive Campaign Change Committee and it was a poll about presidential candidates post-Oprah. it asked whether you want her to run (i said no), whether you'd approve if she ran (i picked the lowest level of approval), one-on-one matchups between her and Sanders and her and Elizabeth Warren (picked against Oprah for both), and a three-way matchup between all of them (i picked Bernie). i'm keeping an eye out for a follow up email with the results. internet polls aren't the end-all be-all but i really don't think there is widespread support for a talk show host who gave a platform to hucksters

true, but i doubt many people outside of the blue checkmark mafia and people who think their media work influences people seriously think she'd be any good

the blue checkmark brigade were responsible for a lot of the astroturfing for Hillary in the primary though. not saying they can just crown a winner but they can definitely tip a scale.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

MaxxBot posted:

*Jeb! stands on toes*

he's being raptured

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

MaxxBot posted:

*Jeb! stands on toes*

Thanks jebbers for dispelling the myth that the tallest guy wins

e: too bad liddle marco and his 6" platforms aren't in there

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

jBrereton posted:

Roughly half of the postwar pres' have been fat. Trump, Clinton, Ford, Nixon, LBJ, all chubby guys (trump egregiously so)

clinton didn't really get fat until his second term, and since he became a vegan he's really slimmed down

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

btw if anyone wants to take the poll that i mentioned, here it is. the Working Families Party did one of these during the dem primary, and bernie won it by a 2-to-1 margin, which was instrumental in them ultimately endorsing him

really queer Christmas posted:

the blue checkmark brigade were responsible for a lot of the astroturfing for Hillary in the primary though. not saying they can just crown a winner but they can definitely tip a scale.
call me naive, but i don't think they'll have quite the sway in this primary that they had in the previous one. it's more obvious than ever that their captive audience is smaller than it was before and there's a lot more fatigue with their message, even among registered Democrats

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
randos on twitter will have as much impact on politics in 2020 as c-spam or d&d

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

logikv9 posted:

your brilliant takeaway from an election where the democratic nominee had to denounce meme frogs from an offsite

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Breakfast All Day posted:

your brilliant takeaway from an election where the democratic nominee had to denounce meme frogs from an offsite

the only thing wrong about that is she got the number of fascists wrong

it's way more than about 1/2 of republicans

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Jose posted:

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/950404696543563778

"Does your 60 hour-a-week desk job make your back hurt and leave you emotionally exhausted and stressed? Of course it does. Studies show that “death by office job” is real: people who sit at a desk all day are more likely to be obese, depressed, or just dead for no discernible reason. But you can dull these effects and improve your wellness with these O-approved strategies: Become more of an “out-of-the-box thinker” because creative people are healthier. Bring photos, posters, and “kitschy figurines” to decorate your workspace: “You’ll feel less emotionally exhausted and reduce burnout.” Write down three positive things that happened during your workday every night before leaving the office to “reduce stress and physical pain from work”.

This is amazing.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

the meme frog did nothing other than cause laughs, facepalms,

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
maybe in a few more cycles when the majority of voters grew up on memes and the internet but until then you're screaming into the void

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Gringostar posted:

the only thing wrong about that is she got the number of fascists wrong

it's way more than about 1/2 of republicans

basket of deplorables?

a legion of deplorables

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

logikv9 posted:

Did the goon who set up Hillary's email server post in D&D, because if so lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
when she's president will people call hber president winfrey or oprah?

RatEarth
Aug 7, 2017

I didn't say that.
but it'd be funny if I did

All I'm getting from this is that Hillary will denounce C-Spam by 2020.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

This is poo poo that wouldn't be out of place in a corporate seminar.

Oprah preaches secular prosperity gospel to housewives.

RatEarth
Aug 7, 2017

I didn't say that.
but it'd be funny if I did

Feldegast42 posted:

This is poo poo that wouldn't be out of place in a corporate seminar.

Oprah preaches secular prosperity gospel to housewives.

She's a grifter, most billionaires are. After all, she was pretty much the main reason The Secret got so popular.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

*in extremely defeated centrist voice* well if we’re gonna be ruled by billionaires might as well pick the woman poc billionaire

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

*in extremely defeated centrist voice* well if we’re gonna be ruled by billionaires might as well pick the woman poc billionaire

how is that a defeat for a centrist

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

centrists are closet republicans

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

zeal posted:

how is that a defeat for a centrist

they just always sound defeated lol

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Lastgirl posted:

basket of deplorables?

a legion of deplorables

at least 3/5ths of republicans are deplorables

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Prez Oprah is gonna fix healthcare by bringing us as alternatives, no need for those expensive cancer treatments if you've got dragonfruit and a positive attitude!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

how many scam artists did Oprah give a platform to? The Secret guy, Dr. Oz, Dr. Phil, the Million Little Pieces guy, there's probably more

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Humbug! This is a bunch of poppycock. Down with this sort of thing.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/956576200276762625

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

would it kill eve peyser and anyone else that writes the same articles repeatedly to have one original thought in their brains

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

get that OUT of my face posted:

would it kill eve peyser and anyone else that writes the same articles repeatedly to have one original thought in their brains

"actually i hated writing the thing i clearly cooked up with impish contrarian glee"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao i think the answer to your question is "yes," forums user get that out of my face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_49E_ZXGC5c

R. Guyovich has issued a correction as of 03:20 on Jan 26, 2018

• Locked thread