Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

an adult beverage posted:

What was funnier: Florida losing to Georgia Southern or Texas losing to Kansas?

Florida losing to Georgia Southern wins in my book because of the stat line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Receiving votes, mother fuckers.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Dango Bango posted:

I just got an Instant Pot and salsa chicken was one thing I planned to use it for regularly. How long do you cook it?

20 minutes and then let it decompress on its own. The chicken just falls apart.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Naw, this means they're going to go 11-1 with 3 first team All American offensive linemen, all of whom played QB in high school.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

I’m confused. How are you ‘that was the joke’-ing me? Were you implying Iowa State by saying Wisconsin?

He was trolling me because 11-1 implied a loss to Iowa State. 2002 Never Forget.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Goldy, what have you done?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Any of you guys used Hulu TV? I"m trying to figure out what streaming service to go with this fall and it looks like they have both ESPN and Fox Sports channels. My wife already pays them like $10/month so it would only be a $30 upper and all the other services that have both are $40+. I was perfectly happy with PSVue last year but they keep adding channels and increasing the price which defeats the whole purpose of cutting cable.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

worked out well for the couple times I used their free trial to get a game on cbssportsnet. I think the only downside with them is that they have a pretty strong limitation on how many concurrent streams you can run.

Rectal Placenta posted:

I signed up last year for football and have zero complaints. It was the best option for me because it also has BTN, and the like 400 different Fox Sports channels can have some pretty random stuff which can be entertaining. Also having local stations available has come in handy when over the air reception craps out.

Seaniqua posted:

I was a pretty big fan of it last year. It was especially handy because all the major streaming networks allowed you to authenticate to their proprietary streaming platform using your Hulu subscription. So instead of using Hulu I'd often just use WatchESPN, BTN2Go, Fox Sports Go, etc. I found the performance to be a little better on the specific platforms instead of Hulu.

I plan on subscribing again in a couple weeks :)

Hulu it is.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah I'm confused about why it would be a bad thing if Herman was the source

The Baylor basketball coach who snitched on actual murders is still blackballed from the profession.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pakled posted:

WatchESPN has a 30 second-1 minute long delay which sucks if you're the kind of person who liveposts during football games. I've never had a problem with them quality-wise.

Gives me time to mentally prepare for giving up 50 yards on 3rd and 17.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Joey Freshwater posted:

I bit the bullet on an Athletic subscription, found a deal for $30/year. Seems worth it, I like the app and the articles I've read so far have been good. Never heard of the guy who writes for Tennessee (David Ubben) but his articles have been good.

That's where he ended up? He was a Big XII writer for a long time who steadfastly refused to ever come to Ames for any reason.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Korranus posted:

Dollar General's great in the most rural areas where they might be the first store to open up in decades and saves everyone for miles around the time and fuel to go to Walmart in town, but there are plenty of 4-digit population size towns that kept their mom-and-pop or a little regional chain and DG (Family Dollar too) is suffocating those towns.

Dollar General is basically Wal-Mart for places that are too small and poor to get a Wal-Mart.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pakled posted:

Yeah any college football forum where the average age is over 40 is absolute garbage.

All forums period that don't either have a high barrier to entry or heavy moderation are garbage. Sports forums are just particularly bad because of the demographic they pull from.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Bama LB Chris Allen goes down for the year as well. Is Nick Saban concerned about depth?

Oh no, they might have to go to a backup who was probably only also a five start recruit that might leave early for the NFL.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Edward Mass posted:

It’s game week.

bitches.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Interesting to see Oklahoma ranked at 7th, as that was the difference between the points Oklahoma scored and Iowa State scored when Iowa State defeated Oklahoma on October 7th, 2017.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/TheDailyGopher/status/1031612526839193600

If you took all the colors/logos/names off his uniform you'd still be able to identify this guy as a Minnesota player.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Emron posted:

Is anyone gonna act surprised if Meyer gets suspended for at most two games? We'll be lucky if they don't make him governor.

Suspended for 2 weeks and what do you know he already has 2 weeks of time served. Back just in time for game week.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yea, everything I'm seeing is basically that the university seems to want to suspend him for optics reasons but the paper trail is in Urban's favor so he's basically saying "gently caress that"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Lol, Ohio State isn't even pretending. It's gonna be gross when ESPN spends the whole season talking about how they 'overcame distractions'.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Is there anything I need to know about Michigan other than Harbaugh being weird? I'm not going to jump on the Michigan train or anything but with Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan State all being recently proven to be terrible institutions I'm willing to passively be okay with them winning the East unless informed otherwise.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

There was that Taylor Lewan thing I don’t remember the details of

Have a big bowl of chili for breakfast?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol someone did some digging on Zach Smith's social media and it turns out Tom Herman was the coach who went to the strip club with him when they were on the recruiting visit

If the rumors from Herman's time in Ames that he and his wife are swingers turn out to actually be true that'll be pretty amazing.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Was assuming that was a case of "source your quotes" but, :smith:

Love it, especially if you follow other sports, everything I've read has been uniformly excellent. theathletic.com/solidverbal gets you $36 for the year

I finally signed up the other day and it's $30 if you still have a .edu email address that's active.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Real Name Grover posted:

Notice anything strange about NMSU's schedule? That's not an error.

Home and home with Liberty is rock bottom scheduling.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It's locked so I can't bump it but Here's the prediction thread from last season to enjoy on the last day before the first gameday thread of 2018.

I did not predict that Iowa State would beat Oklahoma in 2017.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DJExile posted:

Northwestern and Iowa are ok

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
It's Gameday, bitches.