Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

INDYCAR Grand Prix of Sonoma Fast Facts

Race Weekend: Friday, September 14 - Sunday, September 16
Super Sperg Weekend Schedule

Track: Sonoma Raceway, a 12-turn, a 2.385-mile permanent road course in Sonoma, California

quote:

The 2.385-mile, 12-turn natural-terrain road course has it all to challenge drivers -- elevation changes, a tight right-hand hiarpin (Turn 12) leading onto the frontstretch, a Carousel turn that requires downshifting -- all packed into a scenic setting.

Race Distance: 85 laps / 202.7 miles

Entry List: INDYCAR Grand Prix of Sonoma (PDF)

Push-to-Pass Parameters: 150 seconds of total time with a maximum time of 15 seconds per activation
Firestone Tire Allotment: Seven sets primary, four sets alternate. Teams must use one set of primary and one new set of alternate tires in the race.

Twitter: @RaceSonoma, @IndyCar, #SonomaGP, #INDYCAR
Event Website: https://www.sonomaraceway.com

2017 Race Winner: Simon Pagenaud (No. 1 Team Penske Chevrolet)
2017 Pole Winner: Josef Newgarden (No. 2 Team Penske Chevrolet), 1:15.5205, 113.691 mph
Qualifying Record: Josef Newgarden, 1:15.5205, 113.691 mph, 9/16/2017

NBCSN Broadcasts:
Free Practice 1 - 4:00pm ET Friday, September 14 (same-day delay)
Free Practice 2 - 6:00pm ET Friday, September 14 (live)
Qualifying - 8:00pm ET Saturday, September 15 (same-day delay)
Race - 6:30pm ET Sunday, September 16 (live)

quote:

Leigh Diffey is the lead announcer alongside analysts Townsend Bell and Paul Tracy. Pit reporters are Jon Beekhuis, Katie Hargitt, Kevin Lee and Robin Miller.

Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network Broadcasts: Mark Jaynes is the chief announcer alongside analyst Anders Krohn. Nick Yeoman (Turn 7) and Jake Query (Turn 9) are the turn announcers with Dave Furst, Michael Young and Dan Rusanowsky reporting from the pits.
The Verizon IndyCar Series race is broadcast live on network affiliates, Sirius 98, XM 209, IndyCar.com, indycarradio.com and the INDYCAR Mobile app. The Verizon IndyCar Series qualifying session is broadcast live on Sirius 216, XM 209, IndyCar.com, indycarradio.com and the INDYCAR Mobile app. All Verizon IndyCar Series practice are available on IndyCar.com, indycarradio.com and the INDYCAR Mobile app.

Video Streaming: All sessions not covered by live television will be available on the INDYCAR YouTube channel and Timing & Scoring (free registration required)

KingShibby fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Sep 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Welcome to the Verizon IndyCar Series 2018 Thread!

2018 Schedule

Off-Season Testing Schedule (PDF)

2018 Fantasy IndyCar is back! Here's how to join:
  1. Go here and register - http://fantasy.indycar.com/
  2. Then go to the Leagues page and enter LLJK as your League Access Code

3. Make your picks before each race
  4. Win the respect of your fellow goons

2017 Fantasy IndyCar Podium

P1: Bentai (2,541)
P2: KingShibby (-73)
P3: Dudley (-209)

Discord/IRC
Discord: https://discord.gg/kg3d2Uu
#ics on irc.synirc.net

2018 Aero Kits

The 2015-17 era of manufacturer-specific body kits is over, now both Honda and Chevy teams will use one new set of aero designed and built by Dallara and which promises more underbody aero and a much cleaner, more 1980s/1990s-inspired IndyCar look.

The Road to Indy
IndyCar features the Mazda Road to Indy ladder system, which provides a defined path for up-and-coming open-wheel racers to reach the top. Several IndyCar teams run teams in the lower series as well. Many of these series race on the same weekend as IndyCar as support races.

- IndyCar Minor Leagues, many of the current IndyCar drivers are Indy Lights graduates. Current Indy Lights Champion Kyle Kaiser was awarded a 3 race scholarship in IndyCar this season, including the Indy 500. Kaiser will be driving with Juncos Racing for at least three races. Now in its 4th season, the Dallara IL-15 Chassis has received rave reviews and should better prepare drivers for the big leagues.

- Brand new PM-18 this year!

- Bottom rung of the ladder, usually first step after pro-karting. The Italian company Tattus was selected to build the new chassis for USF2000 to debut this season.

USAC Silver Crown / Midgets - While not officially part of the Road to Indy Ladder, many current and former open wheel drivers got their start in sprint cars. One even got to kill someone on-track during a sprint race, cool huh?

The All American Soap Box Derby - They're open-wheel and have an IndyCar sticker, they count.

News and Blogs
All IndyCar "blogs" are terrible. Also fans on Twitter (except for most goons)
http://www.indystar.com/irl

Twitter
Just follow these lists
Feel free to follow me too.

IndyCar on TV

IndyCar Series
Booth: Leigh Diffey/Brian Till/Bob Varsha/Rick Allen (pre-NASCAR season), two of Townsend Bell/Paul Tracy/David Hobbs/Steve Matchett
Pits: Jon Beekhuis, Kevin Lee, Robin Miller, Marty Snider (pre-NASCAR season), Katie Hargitt (during NASCAR on NBC season)

This has always been a bit of a hodgepodge, as NBC has too few people in too many places. Diffey is excellent and calls the majority of races except those which clash with F1 telecasts, for which he's also responsible, at which point Till or Varsha pinch hit. The most typical color analysts seem to be Bell and Tracy, though Hobbs and Matchett make occasional appearances. Matchett's giddiness at Fontana last year was fun.

Indy Lights
Booth: Kevin Lee, Anders Krohn
Pits: Katie Hargitt

Much like NBC does with NASCAR's K&N and Modified series, Indy Lights races are shown in condensed, one-hour shows on tape delay. Check local listings. (Watch the race at Indianapolis.)
There's also a quarterly highlights show for USF2000 and Pro Mazda which is pretty good.

Lights races can be seen internationally on these networks:

quote:

SPORTSNET – Canada
ESPN – Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela
SPEED – Australia
SKY SPORT – New Zealand

:byewhore:

IndyCar on Radio

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Radio Network is the radio home for IndyCar races throughout the season. Paul Page is lead announcer. Races can also be heard on Sirius Channel 212 or XM 209.

Internet-Based Viewing Options
Whenever practice/qualifying isn't broadcasted on TV, Timing & Scoring carries live streaming video. Free e-mail registration is required
Also check the IndyCar YouTube page for more videos and live streaming.

Previous Threads
IndyCar 2017: A bunch of different names
IndyCar 2016: A Series as Recognizable as its Champion
IndyCar 2015: It's in Jeopardy!
Indycar 2014: Formula Juan
Indiecar Series 2013: You Probably Haven't Heard of It
IndyCar Series 2012: NASCAR Refugees Welcome!
Indycar Series 2011: Dan Wheldon Appreciation Station
Izod Indycar Series 2010: Sato what happened? Sato!? SATOOOOOOOOO!
Indycar [2009] Month of May and Indy 500: Paul Tracy Revenge Edition
Indy Car 2008: Can hell freeze over twice?
Hell frozen over: Champ Car/IRL Unification [2007/8]
Indy Racing League [2007]: Yes it still exists!
Champ Car 2006 Season Thread
2005 Champ Car Season Thread

Team Lineup
Check the next post

Thread Rules
Bringing back the F1chat rule. We get it, IndyCar is an inferior form of open-wheel compared to F1 and you'd love to tell us about it, but feel free to do that in the Worst Thread. Meanwhile, we'll enjoy some actual competition and close racing over here.

:fyadride: Portland, new Pro Mazda car, Danica, Carlin Racing, more Juncos
:rip: Bryan Clauson, Justin Wilson, Watkins Glen

KingShibby fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jun 13, 2018

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
2018 RIDES:

Full-Time Entries

A.J. Foyt Racing (Chevrolet)
No. 4 Matheus Leist (rookie)
No.14 Tony Kanaan

Andretti Autosport (Honda)
No.26 Zach Veach (rookie)
No.27 Alexander Rossi
No.28 Ryan Hunter-Reay
No.98 Marco Andretti

Carlin Racing (Chevrolet)
No.23 Charlie Kimball
No.59 Max Chilton

Chip Ganassi Racing (Honda)
No.9 Scott Dixon
No.10 Ed Jones

Dale Coyne Racing/DCR with Vasser-Sullivan (Honda)
No.18 Sebastien Bourdais
No.19 Zachary Claman De Melo (rookie): St. Pete, Long Beach, Barber, Detroit 1/2, Road America, Iowa, Toronto, Pocono, Gateway
No.19 Pietro Fittipaldi: Phoenix, Indy GP, Indy 500, Texas, Mid-Ohio, Portland, Sonoma

Ed Carpenter Racing (Chevrolet)
No.20 Ed Carpenter: Phoenix, Indy 500, Texas, Iowa, Pocono, Gateway
No.20 Jordan King (rookie): St. Pete, Long Beach, Barber, Indy GP, Detroit 1/2, Road America, Toronto, Mid-Ohio, Portland, Sonoma
No.21 Spencer Pigot

Harding Racing (Chevrolet)
No.88 Gabby Chaves

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing (Honda)
No.15 Graham Rahal
No.30 Takuma Sato

Schmidt Peterson Motorsports (Honda)
No.5 James Hinchcliffe
No.6 Robert Wickens (rookie).

Team Penske (Chevrolet)
No.1 Josef Newgarden
No.12 Will Power
No.22 Simon Pagenaud

Part-time entries (two races, minimum)

Juncos Racing (Chevrolet)
No.32: Kyle Kaiser (rookie): Phoenix, Long Beach, Indy GP, Indy 500. Rene Binder (rookie): St. Pete, Barber, Toronto, Mid-Ohio

Michael Shank Racing with SPM (Honda)
No.60 Jack Harvey (rookie): St. Pete, Long Beach, Indy 500, Mid-Ohio, Portland, Sonoma

Team Penske (Chevrolet)
No.3: Helio Castroneves: Indy GP, Indy 500

Totals:
Chevy: 12
Honda: 13
Rookies: 9

CONFIRMED 2018 INDIANAPOLIS 500 ENTRIES
Official total is 35, so 2 cars will be bumped on the Saturday of Qualifying
Official Entry List for the 102nd Running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race (PDF)

KingShibby fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 4, 2018

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

It's awesome that they open the 2nd day of testing to the public, and with it being a Saturday there's no reason for any goon in the Phoenix area to attend. I'll be there for both days of testing, only 1 month away!

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

wicka posted:

Lmao, is this really saying she didn’t approach them until late December? What the gently caress was she doing before that?

Apparently getting boned by Aaron Rodgers :barf:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Flikken posted:

Because she acted entitled in high school and then ended up successfulish.

Never would have guessed that coming from an attractive teenage girl :rolleyes:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Your posting is extremely weird.

Apparently so, I just want the season to start so I can talk about actual racing and not this bullshit sideshow. Phoenix test can't come soon enough

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

CBJSprague24 posted:

Be prepared to hear lots about "#SideHustle", because that's apparently what she's calling basically everything she's going to do once her racing career is over. :shepicide:

Who knows, maybe Danica and Marco can get their #SideHustle on by driving for Uber :iceburn:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Not gonna lie, Marshall Pruett is notorious for publishing rumors and speculation as news. Anything for clicks so take what MP says with a grain of salt

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Human Grand Prix posted:

*Single Turbo, Non-Intercooled, Methanol-fueled 2.65L V8 motors.

Switching to methanol is an instant 100hp boost, but the E85 deal has been around for awhile now but yeah

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Some rules changes for 2018:

quote:

Qualifications for the Indianapolis 500 presented by PennGrade Motor Oil are set for May 19-20, a week ahead of the 102nd running of the race on May 27. This year, driver and entrant points will be awarded to the top nine qualifiers for the race. The pole winner earns nine points and the second-fastest qualifier eight points, with awarded points decreasing by one point for each position down to one point earned by the ninth-fastest qualifier.

quote:

The qualifying order for all oval track events except the Indianapolis 500 will be determined by entrant points entering the event. The qualifying order will run in reverse order of entrant points, with the highest in entrant points qualifying last. A car without entrant points will be placed at the front of the qualifying line

Changes to Indy 500 qualifying points and no more random draw for oval qualifying order. The change in qualifying order will benefit the best teams since qualifying last on an oval has the advantage of max rubber

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
If only we could pool $3,000 we could get our very own Gooncabin for the Indy 500

IMS PR posted:

The Tiny House Hotel provides a new, innovative and boutique style of on-site accommodation for race attendees looking for a unique opportunity.

Each tiny house is packed with a host of amenities never before available to attendees, including a compact kitchen with high-end finishes, a modern bathroom, air conditioning, sleeping quarters and more. Interested fans can select from a mix of several different houses with varying layouts and options. Fifteen Tiny House spots will be located at IMS and available to customers for Race Weekend.

The Tiny House Hotel will be conveniently located on the track's property from Thursday, May 24 until Monday, May 28. In addition to the accommodations, guests will enjoy four General Admission tickets to the race, on-site parking, a private concierge service and much more. The total cost for the weekend is $3,000.

15 cabins * $3k = a quick $45k for IMS and honestly not a bad idea except for the likely sections of golf course holes that will have their grass ruined for a weekend

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Sounds like IndyCar is moving in a great direction for future engine development:

quote:

INDIANAPOLIS (Wednesday, Jan. 31, 2018) - INDYCAR has landed a lead engineer from a championship-winning manufacturer as its new managing director of engine development.

Darren Sansum joins INDYCAR after a successful stint at Toyota Racing Development, which has won the past two manufacturer championships in NASCAR's Cup series.

Sansum brings considerable experience to INDYCAR, having also worked for Ford Motor Company, Cosworth Technology and Ilmor Engineering. At INDYCAR, Sansum will oversee engine development and competition between Honda and Chevrolet in the Verizon IndyCar Series effective Feb. 6.

In TRD's NASCAR program, Sansum's focus was engine reliability and over the past four seasons the failure rate of Toyota's engines was significantly reduced. Prior to that when he was with Ilmor and serving as Team Penske's NASCAR engine technical director from 2009-12, the team had zero engine failures in all of 2012 for its two Cup series cars, including the car for season champion Brad Keselowski. Sansum's ties to INDYCAR began in 2002 when he joined Ilmor as a development engineer.

In addition to supervising INDYCAR's current engine regulations, Sansum will play a key role in developing the next generation of engine regulations for the Verizon IndyCar Series. A key parameter in creating the next engine package will be making it attractive to new manufacturers.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Posted here first

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Good news for everyone that isn't attending the Phoenix test this weekend

IndyCar posted:

Verizon IndyCar Series fans are itching to see the full field going wheel to wheel with the new-look cars in 2018.

They’ll get that chance this week, with INDYCAR offering an enhanced live video stream of the two-day open test Friday and Saturday at ISM Raceway near Phoenix. All four sessions will be streamed live and include live commentary and pit-lane interviews with drivers and team officials. The stream will be available at racecontrol.indycar.com and includes live timing and scoring.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

CBJSprague24 posted:

Thank gently caress it's Bestwick.

Bestwick is a good guy and is definitely the star of that broadcast booth. I've even made sure to tell him that to his face (and he silently agrees)

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

IOwnCalculus posted:

Are those lap times on the wheel? If so then the reduced downforce seems to be costing them a second a lap compared to qualifying trim last year. Worth it and then some if it means the cars can race.

Yeah all the cars have the same dash displays with tons of data on them.

The real test will come in about 2 hours when the cars get on track together for the first time

Don't forget about live streaming today and tomorrow!
http://racecontrol.indycar.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ4Ux3MiqeU

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
New sponsor for Graham at Phoenix and Portland

https://twitter.com/RLLracing/status/962035160832069633

I guess an anonymous benefactor is paying for this sponsorship so that the operations/budget of the charity isn't impacted. Great cause

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

IOwnCalculus posted:

Figured I might as well put this here. We showed up to the track long after they'd given out all the wristbands for the autograph session, but since the crowd was tiny they let people line up without them. We ended up going down the line that had Penske, Foyt, Carlin, Harding, Juncos, and RLL.

Josef and SiPag blew me away. They were first and second going down the line and both of them made a big point to talk directly to / interact with my daughter. I mean, I get it, sitting signing hero cards and series-provided paper probably gets old, but for them to be reaching out for high fives and asking if she "likes how fast the cars go around the track, like fighter jets" just made her day (and mine).

She also got a big kick out of meeting Lyn St. James. She's only five and has only really started paying attention to who's who during the last year or two, so "a girl race driver?!?" is (unfortunately) a novel thing for her.

That's pretty awesome, drivers love kids and they know that the future of the sport depends on bringing in new fans. Power told me he actually wants like 3 more kids which made me laugh.

Just don't let her meet Danica or Pippa because that could be the end of her appreciation of IndyCar

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Let us not forget Darth Pagenaud

https://twitter.com/indy44/status/891030328508153856

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

MP posted:

"We're looking at a bunch of different opportunities, but don't have anything we can discuss at this time," Continental Tire marketing director Travis Roffler told RACER.

Just more rumor mill masquerading as news that MP is famous for. At least you guys find it enjoyable and I guess it qualifies as coverage of the sport we all love :iiam:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
I guess I'll add everyone's favorite driver to the list of confirmed Indy 500 Entries :smith:

quote:

Karam, the 22-year-old driver from Nazareth, Pennsylvania, will enter his fifth Indy 500 and fourth with the Dreyer & Reinbold Racing team. Karam won the "Hard Charger Award" as rookie competitor in the 2015 Indy 500 and put on a sensational drive from 23rd to fourth in 2016 before retiring from the event on Lap 94 in DRR machinery. Karam won the Indy Lights championship in 2013.

Karam will take the No. 24 DRR Dallara Indy car to the IMS oval for the first time on Tuesday, May 15, when practice rounds open on the famed oval. Qualifying for the 102nd running of the Indy 500 is set for Saturday, May 19, and Sunday, May 20. The start for this year's Indianapolis 500-Mile Race is scheduled for 12:15 p.m. ET Sunday, May 27.

I guess there's a teleconference tomorrow morning with Karam and Dennis Reinbold. But this part of the email was pretty interesting

The Dreyer and Reinbold family has an impressive legacy at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway dating back to the 1920s with legendary car builder Floyd "Pop" Dreyer. Dreyer's grandson, Dennis Reinbold, has served as a car owner in the Indy 500 since 1999 and has recorded four top-10 finishes including a best of fourth in 2012.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

CBJSprague24 posted:

1) Are we doing the fantasy game again this year?

2) Why does Sage Karam have a ride? How does Sage Karam keep getting rides?

1) Yes we will do the same league
2) :iiam:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
There could be 100 entries, but there should only ever be 33 starters :colbert:

Also I was curious as to why the Safety Team trucks at the Phoenix test were just plain black stock trucks, now I know why

quote:

AMR named new sponsor of INDYCAR Safety Team, official ambulance provider of Indianapolis Motor Speedway

INDIANAPOLIS (Tuesday, March 6, 2018) - The INDYCAR Safety Team, an industry leader in motorsports, now has title sponsorship from a national leader in emergency medical transport.

American Medical Response (AMR) was named today to a multiyear partnership with INDYCAR and Indianapolis Motor Speedway. AMR will brand the INDYCAR Safety Team and provide emergency and non-emergency ground medical transportation services at IMS.

The group now known as the AMR INDYCAR Safety team will continue to provide world-class medical response and care at all Verizon IndyCar Series and Mazda Road to Indy events.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

WindyMan posted:

Huh. I guess Pruett misinterpreted that last release for Holmatro re-upping for another five years.

RIP the orange fire suits.

Holmatro is still involved and did renew their sponsorship, but now it's just as the Official Rescue Tools of INDYCAR. But yeah those orange firesuits looked pretty sweet

INDYCAR PR posted:

As previously announced, Holmatro remains involved with INDYCAR and Indianapolis Motor Speedway as the Official Rescue Tool Provider. Holmatro tools have been used to expedite on-track medical response at Indy car events since 1991.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
I'm creating a league right now, but can't think of a witty name

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
2018 Fantasy IndyCar is back! Here's how to join:
  1. Go here and register - http://fantasy.indycar.com/
  2. Then go to the Leagues page and enter LLJK as your League Access Code

3. Make your picks before each race
  4. Win the respect of your fellow goons

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
I'm gonna quote the rule book here

Rule 8.4.3.4.1. posted:

The fastest thirty-three (33) Cars completing Qualifications attempts on Saturday shall start the Race. However, for every Car unable to complete their Guaranteed Attempt, as described in Rule 8.4.3.4, there will be an equal number of temporary positions available at the rear of the starting field.

Rule 8.4.3.7. posted:

The Race shall be comprised of thirty-three (33) Cars (or such other number, as INDYCAR shall determine).

So I guess it's 33 unless IndyCar decides they want more, such drama!

Also we're live for the first day of the season!!!

http://racecontrol.indycar.com/ :siren: New for T&S this year it tracks split times in real time :siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubluoPbK1Dk

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

devmd01 posted:

Has the curbing there in turn 10 always been that...aggressive?

That is pretty aggressive but looks like all the other curbing. Maybe it's just the fresh coat of paint on them that makes it look rougher

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

WindyMan posted:

I hate stats like this. Does it count as an on-track pass when someone spins or gets a puncture or crashes out, and a car passes them? Should it? Does it inflate the numbers a little bit when there are a lot of spins or punctures and crashes like there were during the race? Then what are we measuring, exactly?

On the media center TVs during on-track sessions they show timing and scoring stats. There's a stat they track called On-Track Passes (OTP) that they don't distribute to the public. Arni, the poster of that tweet and IndyCar PR staff nerd, explained to me what it encompasses:

OTP occurs when one car passes another on the racing surface under green. It does NOT include any pass where one or both cars are on pit lane. It does include passes when a car spins because it occurs on the track.

I hope this long post from my phone helps

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
So I compared St Pete sector times 2017 to 2018 and noticed something interesting about the overall faster lap speeds. Check out my article to see which sector and read me hate on Graham Rahal for finishing P2.

It sucks we gotta wait over 3 more weeks until the next race, but then we get Phoenix/Long Beach/Barber on consecutive weekends leading up to THE MONTH OF MAY!

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

iospace posted:

Taku's car

Ambulance chasing is my favorite part of being at the track.

Bentai posted:

I wonder what let go, to make it careen the way it did.

They said the winds were high so I'm guessing he caught a gust of wind at the wrong part of a corner

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Not like anyone cares (at least I don't), but I guess Pippa Mann is officially announcing her 500 ride tomorrow

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
That's an awfully good looking mid-pack car

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Well there was an open test at Barber today, and Helio got to drive!

I'm sure there's plenty of articles and stuff out there but the best thing is that Helio finished P3 on the day behind Newgarden and Power :smaug:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

kidcoelacanth posted:

listen, guys. i'd gently caress that car.

Seconded :flashfap:

Edit: I'd let that car gently caress me

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
Well the NBC announcement is final, but this part of the press release stood out to me:

quote:

NBC Sports Gold – NBC Sports Group’s direct-to-consumer product – will offer a package to INDYCAR fans that features all qualifying and practices not televised live, all Indy Lights races, and full-event replays. Additional details, including the cost of the Gold offering, will be announced at a later date.

So to me this means that after this season the days of free practice/qualifying streaming on YouTube will end and will move behind a paywall. You guys have been asking for this so here ya go

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
So there was supposed to be IMS Oval testing next week but due to the expected bad weather it's being postponed.

I plan on driving down for the Mon 4/30 open test, should be a good day for those in the Indy area to call in sick :getin:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
$6100 isn't bad for a show car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

harperdc posted:

Armchair aerodynamics here, but it’s probably stabilizing a bit (the rear wing as a whole). I think they would lose out if they ran without (or attempted to). Those tiny endplates do look WipeOut as hell though.

Since the DW-12 era the rear wings at Indy have all been running right around -10° on the main plane, so they actually generate negative downforce. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same out of the new rear wing