Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
Yeah, I wrote the post subject like a title. That's right. Segue into the main content.

People use the word 'poo poo' almost as frequently as they use the work 'gently caress'. I have absolutely no data for any of this outside of my lived experience which, I've been told, is a source worthy of citation (It really is hard to remain silent, isn't it?) but it occurs to me that 'poo poo' might be more commonly used than 'gently caress' despite being recognized as lesser in it's profane (hank hill sells profane and profane accessories blah blah two parenthetical texts in one sentence blah blah) quality.

Still, and I know that this paragraph doesn't contradict the one above it, I have to find a way to write about the origins of the word 'poo poo'. It's important. After seconds of grueling research I used google to discover a website that provides etymological information for little effort and no money at all. According to https://www.etymonline.com/ (a web site), poo poo is, well, there's a lot of boring words here and I could copy/paste that but it would suck. Yes, like my posts, thank you random goon. And yes, like my mother too. And so on down the rabbit hole of things I hold in some regard which can be said to suck.

The interesting part is that poo poo is a derivative of shed. As in, a snake shedding it's skin. We call poo poo 'poo poo' because we are mispronouncing the original term 'shed'. When you take a poo poo, you are leaving a shed. That last sentence has some pizzazz to it btw, do take it for a spin. Which actually leads me to the notion of a shed, in the sense of a small building used for storage. This word came about, according to that website from before, from the term shade or shelter.

And that leads us to the concept of the out house. A shed in which to shed. You go to a shed, a shelter or shade, in order to shed, to split off. This just happened that way in the English language.

And you are telling me that there is no God?

Also feel free to tell me about other interesting word informations. I never thought I'd be interested in this poo poo (the smiley of the drum roll) but it's quite fascinating. There's something cool and horrifying about discovering that you've been saying something other than what you think you have been saying all this time. I would like to share this terrifying experience of blind guilt unveiled and unretarded with you. There are so many things to share. So many things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

turn your monitor on

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
this thread

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

It's German.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

OP it's time to take your meds.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

*fires anti-psychotic medicine cannon at op*

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

mind the walrus posted:

OP it's time to take your meds.

I quite clearly have.

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

Hell Yeah posted:

*fires anti-psychotic medicine cannon at op*

Oh, were it only so easy as being shot by a cannon...

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

quote:

First known reference in English apparently is in a compound, Oxford street name Gropecuntlane

I want to live on Grope oval office Lane.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
write a essay on shitfucker next op

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

The other day I was hanging out with my grandma and long story endless, we were looking at a knit hat I had and do you know what a cloche is?
It's a hat. In French. And it also means bell, in French. C'est vrais.

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

let it mellow posted:

write a essay on shitfucker next op

word count? And don't get ridiculous, I just might do it.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Illavick posted:

word count? And don't get ridiculous, I just might do it.

500 words in 5 paragraph format with the proper introduction and conclusion like English class

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
shitfucker is ur homework assignment

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
also use mls or w/e it was for ur sources

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Doesnt google have a thing that will show you how much a word is used through history? Lol that you wrote all these words. Google it.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Does anybody know what the oxford English dictionary is? Is this not a meaningful place to get information anymore?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gently caress

Origin:
Early 16th century: of Germanic origin (compare Swedish dialect focka and Dutch dialect fokkelen); possibly from an Indo-European root meaning ‘strike’, shared by Latin pugnus ‘fist’.

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE

let it mellow posted:

500 words in 5 paragraph format with the proper introduction and conclusion like English class

I ask for a word count, not a format. Never forget that I am paying you. You will have your proper introduction and conclusion regardless because I roll that way, man who fucks mothers.

Shitfucker: A Cursory Glance

Shitfucker is a tale of two words: poo poo and gently caress. In order to properly understand the nature of 'shitfucker', it is necessary to understand it's two basic components. From where do they originate and what phenomena brought them together? I really don't care but perhaps something funny will happen.

The origination of the word 'poo poo' has come about from the word 'shed'. As time passes, communities develop their idiosyncratic quirks. Language is not exempt from this. Gradually, the drugs I'm on are going to wear off and this won't be fun anymore. I would like to cite my original post for some reason, especially the part about sources because that's just making it worse. That's what I do, I make things worse.

Now onto gently caress. I (gently caress consistent perspective it's 2018 baby) think gently caress might have been used as like a noun for a woman that was eager to gently caress you. Like the way someone might call someone a lay. It started out as a noun, I guess? So adding the 'er' to it seems kinda redundant. Also, now this actually something, that etymology dictionary told me that the first known written use of the gently caress (well, in that spelling anyway) was this:

etymagobagoboo posted:

the earliest attested appearance of current spelling is 1535 ("Bischops ... may gently caress thair fill and be vnmaryit" [Sir David Lyndesay, "Ane Satyre of the Thrie Estaits"])

I guess we haven't changed much since then. Before that people would say 'fukkit' which has a kind of Japanese punk rock thing going for it. Whatever.

When you put together poo poo and gently caress to make shitfuck(er), you have a thing where you gently caress poo poo. It's really not that interesting. How about you get off your rear end and do some poo poo huh? That one guy told me about a French hat. That was something at least.

I wanna say gently caress this poo poo but you'll think it's some joke when I really am saying gently caress this poo poo.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Illavick posted:

I ask for a word count, not a format. Never forget that I am paying you. You will have your proper introduction and conclusion regardless because I roll that way, man who fucks mothers.

Shitfucker: A Cursory Glance

Shitfucker is a tale of two words: poo poo and gently caress. In order to properly understand the nature of 'shitfucker', it is necessary to understand it's two basic components. From where do they originate and what phenomena brought them together? I really don't care but perhaps something funny will happen.

The origination of the word 'poo poo' has come about from the word 'shed'. As time passes, communities develop their idiosyncratic quirks. Language is not exempt from this. Gradually, the drugs I'm on are going to wear off and this won't be fun anymore. I would like to cite my original post for some reason, especially the part about sources because that's just making it worse. That's what I do, I make things worse.

Now onto gently caress. I (gently caress consistent perspective it's 2018 baby) think gently caress might have been used as like a noun for a woman that was eager to gently caress you. Like the way someone might call someone a lay. It started out as a noun, I guess? So adding the 'er' to it seems kinda redundant. Also, now this actually something, that etymology dictionary told me that the first known written use of the gently caress (well, in that spelling anyway) was this:

I guess we haven't changed much since then. Before that people would say 'fukkit' which has a kind of Japanese punk rock thing going for it. Whatever.

When you put together poo poo and gently caress to make shitfuck(er), you have a thing where you gently caress poo poo. It's really not that interesting. How about you get off your rear end and do some poo poo huh? That one guy told me about a French hat. That was something at least.

I wanna say gently caress this poo poo but you'll think it's some joke when I really am saying gently caress this poo poo.

8====D💩

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
there’s a band called shitfucker op. might tickle your gism itch.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

poo poo is stored in the balls, op

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Origin of the word "Crap" is more interesting. Needs to be settled.

Either Thomas Crapper was real and he's the origin, or Thomas Crapper is made up and the word has an older origin. It makes no sense that Thomas Crapper, famed plumber and toilet innovator really existed but the word is unrelated. That can't be the way things really stand, someone is lying here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I am gonna bust this crap conspiracy wide open.

• Locked thread