Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Imagine if Weylan-Yutani had a nuclear-powered ship and hired a person with only a high school education to be its safety officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

They're taking popcorn buckets to strange, new places

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Deviant posted:

Smithers, release the metaphorical Robot Richard Simmons's.

An unnecessary apostrophe-S used to incorrectly indicate plurality? Now I know who the REAL enemy is.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Ok so we're just going to keep ignoring that the thread title still says "thing" and not "think"?

Much like the Viking debate, I have debated my family on whether the phrase is "if you think X, then you've got another think coming" or "... another thing coming." My dad and brother are for "think", whereas I stand with Judas Priest on it being "thing".

Speaking of the Thing, he would go great in your batmobile.

SpelledBackwards fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 6, 2024

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Holy poo poo that ending

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Uhhh Al Jolson was a very different entertainer. Of the vaudeville era. Per Wikipedia:

quote:

Jolson has been referred to by modern critics as "the king of blackface performers".

You may have seen him in the old Looney Tunes cartoons where a bunch of famous crooners (Sinatra, Crosby, etc.) are singing to hens on a farm, and they're so horned up they last a ton of eggs. Al was shown as a black crow saying "mammy!".

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

pixaal posted:

Put him in a coma, where we see him in a Vikings Uniform and he's playing football. Just completely sidestep the debate.

You truly are the vi-king of kings

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

This is one of my favorite lines from the show, but there's rarely an appropriate time to say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

There is precedent for multiversal mixing of Turtles generations:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_Forever