Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

is this available without the text?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Didn't see it posted, but the whole video makes me want to be more fluent in Spanish. The part where he asks about Sideshow Bob's hand color seems zany.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRFq38byUY

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Man alive...

EDIT:

... There are men alive in this thread!

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
As fantastic as this was:

AHH F/UGH posted:

edit: Here’s a better explanation in the form of analogy

You live in the Caribbean during the golden age of piracy. Suddenly, Jamaica announces that piracy is now decriminalized... what do you think is going to happen? The problem isn’t that they lack resources for plundering-addiction support groups to convince people to stop swashbuckling. Pirates don't want to stop looting and pillaging and swigging.

The end back to memes

I'd like to highlight the lesser gem of the same page, a common urban myth in Oregon:

Android Apocalypse posted:

Other states are shipping their homeless drug offenders to Oregon instead of dealing with the issue themselves.

There is no interstate bus conspiracy. Imagine the logistics of approaching a homeless addict and suggesting they get on a bus to another state. Also, repeating that enough times to shift the Oregon state demographic. How does that really play out?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Huh thanks, I owe Android Apocalypse an apology. Android Apocalypse, sorry for posting an ignorant contradiction to your internet post, particularly when a quick read showed how misguided my understanding was.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
oh no

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Elissimpark posted:

Thanks for making me look up plots for 21st century Simpsons, fucker.

In fact, it was YOUR post that made me look this up. I was happy just nodding politely.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I do like the idea of isolating RayJayPosting to another thread, yes.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
A bus ride at this hour? You dial '9-1', then when I say so, dial '1' again."

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Episode plotlines include a celebration for the Springfield lemon tree gone too far, Lisa's experiments in a bathtub, Homer's failed attempts at canning, and the triumphant return of the beloved Itchy & Scratchy character Disgruntled Goat; see them all!

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Yes, and this is within his dream, agreed.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

I'm disturbed and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Lobok posted:

Anyone have lines from the show they like saying but they never come off as Simpsons references without the actor's voice (or volume)? Like the way the judge character says "denied!" is something I love but no one's ever going to think I'm quoting him.

Exaaactly

EDIT:

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

I assume the Westworld parody, where they referred specifically to the bush meme, and showcased a huge number of other popularly memed scenes.

It wasn't a "writers' favorites" or "most popular" scenes reference, it was clearly a nod to online nerds.

I, for one, shouted "Evil Homer" right on cue.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
post when the second run is for sale

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Thanks for the reminder - this is my favorite instance of "Simpsons predicted the future."

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
New to me and only 13 days old, so thanks for posting. A good time of year to dust off an old chestut.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I mean C-H-E-S-T-N-U-T

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

he was banned for adding lovely opinions to a thread about cat poo poo???

and pee pee too?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

You actually can skateboard in TotK if you combine a minecart and a shield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfpgAIoROdQ

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
It was news to me that "aluminum" was a North American SPELLING as well as pronunciation.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Slugworth posted:

No real ceo has ever gone on a trip in a vessel of some sort surrounded by incompetency.