Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427490/

Shadowhand is the new game from the ppl who made Regency Solitaire, another kick rear end solitaire game on steam. You play as Shadowhand, a proper lady turned rogue or w/e. The main addition in the sequel is PvE 1v1 Dueling and yes it's just as badass as it sounds. There are 22 chapters total with multiple hands of solitaire per chapter. For the most part (at least up to Chapter 8 where I am) you're still just playing regular ole Regency style solitaire, but there's always a boss duel at the end & maybe even a miniboss before that. You also collect items by completing the regular solitaire boards which you will need in the duels (they can be rough!).

Loadout screen.

Stats.

Typical solitaire board.

Miniboss duel.

Check it out if you like Solitaire and Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is on my list once it goes on sale.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Loadout screen.

this is so badass

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

The guy behind Gray Alien Games gave a talk at GDC about being a casual game dev and I really like the guy after watching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmwbYl6f11c

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

The guy behind Gray Alien Games gave a talk at GDC about being a casual game dev and I really like the guy after watching it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmwbYl6f11c

I made some random twitter post about wanting Regency Solitaire and he responded with a key. I didn't even know he was the dev for like a month lol. He's awesome and not just because he gave me a free 5 dollar game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

something real shocking about that vid is that casual game portals like Big Fish Games take a HUGE cut compared to normal game places like steam/gog/humble

like 60% or 70% iirc

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i watched the quick look of this and it seems badass. murder and solitaire ftw

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the vids look good. i've played a few different games that use cards as a way to do RPG style fighting, and this looks like one of the better ones, TBH.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This looks cool

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
What do the stats and gear do?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Syncopated posted:

affect your luck and chances to block damage, or pierce armour etc

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Syncopated posted:

Current Loadout:

+25% Swag
+50% Class

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Syncopated posted:

Gear is self explanatory and the stats are kinda hard to explain out of context but I'll try:
  • Willpower - Lowers Ability Cards recharge rate (the orange cards in the bottom left center)
  • Insight - Effects how many cards on the board start face-up
  • Guile - Find more Jokers and Spare cards
  • Finesse - Chance to draw cards better suited for the board
  • Prosperity - Gold gain up
  • Luck - Removes a card from the board at the start

Each level is a percentage gain. I chose to focus guile because it has the highest % gain and Joker cards is how I strategized in the first game anyway. Seems to be working out for me

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Was chilling in this tavern when a cutpurse knicked me dubloons. She drat near slit my throat too but I pulled it out. In the mayhem that ensued I knocked a blacksmith's beer over and he was pissed off. Back to back fights. Dude had the highest HP I've seen so far, like 80 something. I stunlocked him, pierced his defenses, and ultimately bled his rear end out right there on the tavern floor.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Possible goon dev?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

would you recommend this one over regency solitaire?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yeah I think I would, since if you hate the duels there's a baby mode that lets you skip them. Play either one really

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nice try kid :madmax:

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

Love adding moar depth to my solitaire

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
should i go back and play regency or should i just jump in w this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I just beat this game on very hard and it was really fun. All the chapter goals are mandatory to meet which make item and skill management a huge part of the strategy.

It's also on SALE for $11 right now so buy it!!! http://store.steampowered.com/app/427490/Shadowhand_RPG_Card_Game/

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I just beat this game on very hard and it was really fun. All the chapter goals are mandatory to meet which make item and skill management a huge part of the strategy.

It's also on SALE for $11 right now so buy it!!! http://store.steampowered.com/app/427490/Shadowhand_RPG_Card_Game/
Sweet, I've been waiting for a sale since you posted the thread. Purchased.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sweet, I've been waiting for a sale since you posted the thread. Purchased.

if you pay a dollar more you can get Regency Solitaire with it too: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/6129/Superb_Solitaire/

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

if you pay a dollar more you can get Regency Solitaire with it too: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/6129/Superb_Solitaire/

Oh I’ll do this.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Just picked this up in the sale. This game owns. I played Pocket Card Jockey to death and I'm glad to finally take my solitaire to the next level

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I managed to make a hand unplayable using the Branding Iron. Unlike other skills, turning a card into a spare doesn't count as removing one card of that type. I ended up with everything blocked by locks and no available cards to play.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol i was wondering if it was possible to do that. i always roll w/2 card removal skills and fox's cunning

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol i was wondering if it was possible to do that. i always roll w/2 card removal skills and fox's cunning
I was for a while but I find the ability to make a card into a spare more useful than Fox's Cunning, which doesn't help as often as I'd like. I'm also using the skull one that just removes a card, and the horse that removes two at random.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How am I supposed to get enough gold in chapter 20? I was able to complete the other goals, but not that one. What generates gold, exactly? I feel like I'm missing a mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Best way to get gold up is to increase your multiplier by getting big combos in each hand

• Locked thread