Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i had a ton of fun pvping, both in the strategy and mechanics of it

Sure, it worked well in small groups. Although a lot of that fun was loving with people because of weird or broken mechanics.

IRL its not like you can easily dig a shallow hole someone can't climb out of.

But I think a lot of people came to the game looking for epic castle sieges and poo poo, not naked men in woods, although I thoroughly enjoyed being a naked archer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

astropika posted:

Sure, it worked well in small groups. Although a lot of that fun was loving with people because of weird or broken mechanics.

it also worked fine outside of weird or broken mechanics. only the big fights were totally hosed.

astropika posted:

IRL its not like you can easily dig a shallow hole someone can't climb out of.
it's actually much easier, and much easier to hide too

astropika posted:

But I think a lot of people came to the game looking for epic castle sieges and poo poo, not naked men in woods, although I thoroughly enjoyed being a naked archer.

i think your assumption of what people want is wrong, most people just want a balanced full loot pvp game with an interesting take on things.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Supposedly open world's been greatly improved in the whole "kick the sandcastle" side of things, now you can just straight up destroy t1 monuments during JH without needing the influence zone BS and realm loss to IBs has been increased so you can actually IB down claims and then open world siege/destroy them. Wessex was destroyed a few days ago and I think the Longfellows dudes are working on all of ESG's poo poo.

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

Simon Numbers posted:

reading the last page of the thread or asking in the discord would have solved this for you. No one plays but we check the discord.

Oh I know. I did join the discord, but I should have asked prior to paying 20 bucks if this was a dead game in Discord, or read the last page of this thread. My original point still stands. Update the damned OP.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
No

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
deadtear will choke on his own vitriol and die roasting you before he ever changes to accommodate you fam

it sucks that you lost money on a bad game but just accept it and move on, aint nothin gonna happen about it

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

Arguably Deadtear’s finest moment, if not LiF’s finest moment.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

I don't see how there was any issues with leadership considering we lived in post-scarcity in a dreadfort and all our enemies were defeated- like what could have been done better because we all stopped playing because we essentially hit endgame no matter what.

Also, ironically, there might be some action tonight at Detroit during JH around 9 PM CST because we found a big ladder into the base and a bunch of Chinese might be logged out inside :v: alliance has been informed and will come defend if anyone wants to fight.

1 gank = 12 irl hours of praying to fix alignment or risk perma red, no loving thanks

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

meatmccartney posted:

Arguably Deadtear’s finest moment, if not LiF’s finest moment.

I ended up trapping him a bunch of times and using him to test spear and pike mechanics (you can hit through full size walls p easy with a long pike)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Kimsemus posted:

1 gank = 12 irl hours of praying to fix alignment or risk perma red, no loving thanks

i remember making an alt guild just to declare war on the entire game, pretty much fixed all the issues with that

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

Supposedly open world's been greatly improved in the whole "kick the sandcastle" side of things, now you can just straight up destroy t1 monuments during JH without needing the influence zone BS and realm loss to IBs has been increased so you can actually IB down claims and then open world siege/destroy them. Wessex was destroyed a few days ago and I think the Longfellows dudes are working on all of ESG's poo poo.

Wait is this game dead or not?

I don't know who to believe anymore

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its dead jim, they changed poo poo too little too late

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

its dead jim, they changed poo poo too little too late

This. That's not to say it couldn't come back, but shaking a magic 8 ball would tell you "The Future looks Cloudy". Small Russian dev team on a string budget that barely get much content out.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Fwiw, it's not "dead", it's just down on pop from launch. If it looks interesting to you, Chewy and his guys still play if you hop in the discord. Most Detroit goons are gone though.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
its dead

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
it was dead after months of people going 'hey, you can just modify game files to affect the server' and them ignoring this; people just duped and hacked till they got bored of winning

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

and gay

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve

and that's too bad. it could be unique and awesome game ((

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
They've made some things better by limiting what you can do with the console but whenever I check alliance discord there is always another comment about some new glitch/cheat the Chinese are exploiting. It sucks everyone left when all there was to do was pvp, it was fun to watch Everstorm fall and give up. It's too bad it was so difficult to get anything rewarding from the combat and it was so glitchy/exploitable. The fact the Chinese groups would just lag a server out if you started winning a fight really killed open world pvp.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

If anyone still cares, Everstorm's base is probably gonna be destroyed next JH as we've been constantly bombarding them with IBs and they're nearly T1. Today we got into their inner bailey and destroyed all their siege tents and killed like 5 of them in their own keep. Instantinfidel, we may need you to enforce zoning laws there soon. Yes, they destroyed all their crafting buildings as they moved ops to their other claims on their peninsula, but they still are defending their main claim for posterity.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 14, 2018

AliceBee
Jan 24, 2011
I had just thought about buying this game.. maybe I shouldn't.
It is still early access tho, have they generally been making improvements?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

AliceBee posted:

I had just thought about buying this game.. maybe I shouldn't.
It is still early access tho, have they generally been making improvements?

They have been, and it's still an enjoyable game despite a lot of the poopooing, but if you buy it most of this threads' stopped playing so there's a very very sparse goon presence. I dunno what you like doing but pretty much the only players left are hardcore pvpers. "We" (like 4 goons and the rest alliance) are currently in a world war ridding the map of the Chinese, and there are plenty of fights to be had.

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

Justin Tyme posted:

They have been, and it's still an enjoyable game despite a lot of the poopooing, but if you buy it most of this threads' stopped playing so there's a very very sparse goon presence. I dunno what you like doing but pretty much the only players left are hardcore pvpers. "We" (like 4 goons and the rest alliance) are currently in a world war ridding the map of the Chinese, and there are plenty of fights to be had.

I picked up the Your Own version, how big on average are the pvp battles? Might branch out into the MMO side after I get my feet under me in LIF:YO

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
The PVP fights can be pretty big, mostly in the IBs though. From what I've heard the open world fights are getting better though, especially now that you can climb over walls. We will see on Friday when we siege down Everstorm.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
they took down their own monument to prevent anyone from sieging it lmao

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really
Let us remember ESG: elite PVPers till the very end

Cloud destroyed his box full of heads lest it fall into the grasp of lesser gamers.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
ahahaha

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
all they had to do was let those nobodies we were bullying die quietly

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
in the end they did

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

in the end they did

justin wall jumping into their keep and fighting them rambo style was p great though, I remember that incredible headshot someone made with a crossbow in that video

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Do you still got the vid with the startrek music because that was pretty lmao

I'm at the coalition fob in srv29 and have been having a blast, honestly re-implementing barkboxing on realm during all hours has brought a lot of fun back and the whole island is swarming with hostile Brazilians and Chinese. Combined with T1s being destroyable during JH allowing for proper sieges and destruction I've been having fun again. It's funny how politics have changed, we're fighting alongside Meia Lua Brazilians against Legio Brazilians and Chinese.

Speaking of heads: no need to worry about Detroit as the Head of Hugh Munghus lies within the keep, keeping his spooky rule over Goon lands.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 24, 2018

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So uh, how is the single player in this game? I saw that the Your Own portion is 10 bux on Steam and it sounds interesting.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Saxophone posted:

So uh, how is the single player in this game? I saw that the Your Own portion is 10 bux on Steam and it sounds interesting.

There really isn't a "single player," YO is just server based, and is basically similar to the MMO except server owners on average are ten times better at making the game fun as the developer is. Forest Village is like a management hybrid that's actually pretty relaxing.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

There really isn't a "single player," YO is just server based, and is basically similar to the MMO except server owners on average are ten times better at making the game fun as the developer is. Forest Village is like a management hybrid that's actually pretty relaxing.

Gotcha. Sounds like I'd be just as well off reinstalling Age of Conan then if I wanted my "sword some dudes but also build a castle" fix.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Saxophone posted:

Gotcha. Sounds like I'd be just as well off reinstalling Age of Conan then if I wanted my "sword some dudes but also build a castle" fix.

Just play Forest Village. You can take first person control of any citizen you want at any time and do things yourself. Kind of a fun mechanic honestly.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Tactical Lesbian posted:

game dead n gay

reminder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
I've had fun in Your Own but it's hard to find a server where the admins aren't either strictly enforcing RP rules or a server that's just for combat practice.