Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

isnt Tunisia also headed down the same path anyway so basically everything got 100 times worse

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

lmao "yes the west committed unspeakable horrors in africa, i am not denying that, but the freaking chinese can't even fill a pothole!"

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the roads here last like 1-2 years and have millions of potholes which they refill with cheap garbage that opens up in a month this is in FL

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Iran just needs to finish this and get the weapons already that guarantees (maybe) no potentially insane invasion, why would they waste anymore time with deals with a country that doesnt abide by anything it signs

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Death By The Blues posted:

Well there economy is poo poo and the people hate the government. So not sure what the Islamic Republic has planned, they desperately do not want confrontation.

i think they just signed something with China that maybe alleviates some of the economic problems anyway

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

just let out a nuke myself

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

good for china

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i say swears online posted:

that dude is wildly optimistic

yeah the shirty apartheid society is going to do a 180 just magically

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

turns out sanctioning countries at will and all the other neat stuff they did showed the rest of the world what the consequences are if you rely on the us

not they didnt know before but empire kicked it in over gear these past few years

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

PawParole posted:

To play devils advocate, Iraq is somewhat of a democracy today, ironically even if would have been better geopolitically for America if it was still an easy to control Military junta . Also Kurds are 20% of the population.

why would you want to play devils advocate for this

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the poll is probably accurate, we shouldn't have invaded hth
thanks

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the ultimate weapon against the ottoman sultan

severe diarrhea

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

Theodora's Revenge

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the sultan has rigged the elections

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

yeah there is a chance that Erdogan might actually pull out a win in this election he is openly tampering with

anyways the opposition seems like complete garbage like erdogan

seems the only real losers are as usual the turkish people and the kurds as usual get boned no matter who wins

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Megamissen posted:

youd think jupiter would be great at keeping satellites

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Isn't like half of ecowas currently suspended

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah there are constant coups in that region, this is the first time they've made a formal statement like this though. I imagine that France/US are really putting thep ressure on.
Thats my guess apparently Niger also has a bunch of uranium mines

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Zedhe Khoja posted:

It literally owes it's existence to being carved out as a separate military district to safeguard those mines. It has arguably the least justifiable borders of any African country, which is saying alot.

interesting info thanks

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

is nigeria really stupid enough to star a war over this

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that moron that leads nigeria couldnt even get his own party to support a war lol theres on-going strikes massive economic issues and who knows what else in nigeria at the moment

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

wheres bongo

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

wild how'd that happen?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

didnt azerbaijan make vague threats towards iran as well

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

guidoanselmi posted:

Iran would support Armenia on the condition that Azerbaijan seeks to change borders.

Azerbaijan doesn’t like that but that doesn’t appear to be what they’re doing now.

i see im assuming if they actually invade armenia proper that would trigger something from iran

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

times are changing

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

crepeface posted:

Cindy the numbskull

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

good

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

eff needs to win

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Votskomit posted:

It's a clown show and people are skeptical of its support.

This has happened before several times with former ANC members. Thus far amongst former ANC members, Julius Malema has the best track record of gaining votes.

They won't, but their support may increase, and they may be in a key position to choose a coalition after the election.

They are communists so my normal assumption is that coalitions will be made against them.

However the ANC is partnered with the SACP so... I dunno. It's might be an Interesting Time.

would be nice if the sacp allied the eff

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Votskomit posted:

I don't think Blade Nzimande is willing to risk his ministerial post by antagonizing the ANC.

However the SACP does seem to be slightly less lethargic and complacent ever since the EFF entered the scene.
have any major unions abandoned the anc?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Votskomit posted:

Yes, Numsa. Metal workers. They are Marxist, have 300k members and had a reluctant relationship with the ANC ever since Mandela forced them to accept the GEAR neolib policies in ~96.

They abandoned the ANC a few years back and are not currently officially endorsing anyone but are obviously building ties with the EFF.

https://twitter.com/Numsa_Media

Their Twitter is decent.

thanks for the info thats good to see imo

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Turkish communist mayor ftw

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Iraq next

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol didnt someone say that the ones in Niger are trapped in their base essentially as hostages

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I did in another thread.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2024/04/17/niger-air-force-whistleblower/

Its basically what some of the troops are saying that are there. No one can come in or out of the base. So soldiers that need to be rotated out are stuck there and they are getting antsy. Of course the generals / civilian leadership are still trying to leave them there for some reason

owned losers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

no they tend to leave the materiel pristine, laid out and ready to be picked up like it's a fortnite warehouse

well well just ask the Taliban