Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Hafthar may have made a mistake attacking; the disparate groups and militias inside the capitol are banding together now against the common threat. I don't know what the Mistrata militias are up to. Maybe attacking the rear once Haftar's reserves are committed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Same dude who wrote Blindsight. Nice

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Tricky D posted:

I thought the fbi murdered x and tried to blame it on islam

Malcolm X was seen as a threat by the FBI but to clap him they used shooters from the NOI.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

indigi posted:

isn't that a local government issue? I read that Chinese construction projects only use Chinese labor when the government gives them a tight deadline and they can't afford to scout hire and train locally. not like I did a deep dive on the legitimacy of that article but I know China uses local workers frequently

In an interview the former Minister for Public Works in Liberia claimed 83% of labor on Chinese infra projects was local. The exceptions were like you said, when there is a tight deadline or it was more common a decade ago when there was less of a local talent pool.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
A year ago I read a short but well sourced article about how the U.S. was grooming the Nigerian military to be its proxy force in West Africa under Africom. At the time I didn't know how much was motivated reasoning but Nigeria's president's offer to lead the ECOWAS forces seems to bear it all out.
I thought it was published by Geopolitical Economy Report but I can't find it on their website. Any chance someone here knows what I'm talking about or has another similar article? I'd like to show something well sourced to a friend.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
The weeks leading up the the Azeri invasion had Amerians protesting the Russian peacekeepers and even blocking a humanitarian corridor they were supposed to open up. Seems like a bad idea to drive off the tripwire blocking your neighbor from war. Especially since there is no way NATO will tell Turkey and Israel to cut support for Azerbaijan.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Gotcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Slavvy posted:

They are bad, and good, respectively

Who was that poster that argued poaching megafauna was a legitimate way for poor families to feed themselves? Havent seen them in cspam for year(s).