Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Someone should make a "Piss Tape is Real" keffiyeh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Crowsbeak posted:

First we have a great Christian Priest in syria talking about what really happened at the daara protests and how there was always a sectarian edge to the FSA.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft_m2nCmnyk
Next. Saudi Arabia is planning to turn Qatar into a Island. LOL!

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/contents/afp/2018/08/saudi-diplomacy-qatar-island.html

Even better, they'll have a nuclear waste facility at the moat.

Any bets on how long it will be before waste from that facility is used in a dirty bomb somewhere in SA?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

etalian posted:

His biggest accomplishment was getting cyber-stalked by that hot crazy Syrian girl with the massive lips.

partisangirl?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

It's me, I'm the Iranian henchman

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Willie Tomg posted:

we are literally witnessing the degredation of westphalian order lmfao

its been picking up steam for years. it'll be "interesting" to see how far it all goes.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

So in other words, the crown prince is going to throw members of his own military and/or intelligence service under the bus. That will probably turn out well for him in the medium to long term.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i'm sure it was just a weird coincidence that they sent the guy who specialized in rapid autopsy and dismemberment

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

THS posted:

scapegoating your formerly powerful and trusted advisors is a classic strategic move and absolutely wont cause even bigger problems later on

exhibit a: michael cohen

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol partisangirl pushing bitcoin. 2018 is almost complete

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Mods knew

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

R. Guyovich posted:

you guys ever wonder what happened to that virulently anti-assad saudi guy who used to post here lol

hopefully nothing gruesome

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

lmao Paris found out about the pull-out from Syria only when Trump announced it

i bet stormy also didn't notice at first when trump pulled out. :rimshot:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

is gulen still being extradited

what do you mean "still"?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Frijolero posted:

Calling Arab and/or Muslim ideologies fascist doesn't actually make them fascist. Try something else you imperialist pigdog.

lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Syncopated posted:

Bagdad-Bob is still alive!?

lol i just looked him up and he got a mining degree from the university of arizona in the 60s.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

oh i'm sure there's a strategy, it's just not acknowledged in public

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

the strategy is "well, we don't want ISIS to win, but we don't want the most powerful forces opposing ISIS to win, but we can't just do nothing because someone we don't like is going to win, so gently caress it, we're just gonna randomly hand out guns"

it's basically the same poo poo that happened in Syria. we had plenty of groups that we wanted to be defeated, but there wasn't any serious contender that we were really willing to tolerate winning, so we just kind of flailed around uselessly because our country is run by interventionists who just couldn't bear to not be involved somehow

like, that article is a bunch of military officers complaining about how the US didn't support Haftar, a pro-US warlord with CIA ties who loathes ISIS, hard enough. but the reason we're not supporting him very hard is because he wants to overthrow the elected government and be a military dictator, and has therefore been working for years to destabilize the country and extend his own influence at the cost of the national government's

that's what i'm saying though. the us is perfectly happy to back dictators (actual and aspiring) while loudly exclaiming in public that dictatorships are bad and unacceptable. offer only valid if the dictator in question does exactly what he's told by the us

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

cool

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

the bipartisan consensus is that 19/20 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and we all decided it was about as significant as if they were all Scorpios.

it was also probably funded/coordinated with help from ISI:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Omar_Saeed_Sheikh#Possible_connection_with_9/11_hijackers

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i'm thinking about those sinai skyscrapers and absorption packages

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

how does haftar simultaneously have a bruce campbell chin and also no chin. weird!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Whats going on with that beard

henna

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is the US preparing for a strike on Iran? What is actually the play here, because I doubt its fear of an "attack"?

trump admin desperately wants to wag the dog to distract from his legal woes, doesn't care if thousands die in the process

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

We should invade Saudi Arabia to stop this from happening.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Wait so Saudi Arabia and the US just made it up? I find this difficult to believe.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

they would never just completely make up a reason to start a war. thats absurd

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

OhFunny posted:

I doubt Iranian subs can sink a US carrier. The Navy took the USS America out to sea and tried to sink her with underwater attacks for four weeks in 2005 until they just scuttled her.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1129087022637944832?s=19

Pretty wild that one can ask, "Can President Trump stop the Trump Administration from waging war on Iran?" and not sound that crazy.

how does madman theory work when the man is clearly actually mad?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Nothus posted:

Google the Zumwalt class and LCS program.

i have a hypothesis that the "gun that doesn't even work" on the Zumwalt is actually an operational rail gun or military grade laser. why else would it need to generate so much power?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

true enough, lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Over Easy posted:

What would a war with Iran even look like?

drones af all over?

it depends on what the rules of engagement are...

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

God that guy sucks

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Willie Tomg posted:

agreed. the monarch isnt great either

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao suck it bolton

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Over Easy posted:

russia is going to sell so loving many Su-57s next year it's loving disgusting

lol they've been developing it for 15+ years and only have ~10 prototypes.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

remember when hurricane michael destroyed or damaged a dozen f22s that were just sitting there unused? lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWRnv45L5ig

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Haven't you heard? Trump could kill the entire population of Afghanistan if he wanted to.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Prav posted:

twitter is cia

For a while Prince al Waleed was the largest shareholder behind Jack, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

At least one of the posters in CSPAM is an alphabet agent. :tinfoil:

hell, a couple of the mods probably were/are