Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The ANA and Taliban can bond over their mutual inability to properly exercise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The Afghanistan Government Took Up Cutting, Their Transformation In Just One Week Will SHOCK You!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Owns that the trip accomplished literally nothing positive for the world, thd administration, or biden

Just a big old loser march

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
bidens loose but

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Just got back from spending three weeks in Zambia. Amazing experience. Send me a message if you are interested in taking a trip (there is an organization that helps local schools and drives you around etc), I visited a wild game park, the Victoria Falls, took a booze cruise sunset boat ride on the Zambezi river, so many wonderful experiences.

The West certainly hosed Africa up in the past (and present no doubt), but China is loving up Zambia so bad right now. China is bribing government officials to get infrastructure jobs, then just doing the absolute minimum/shittiest job ever. For example their roads, they are just pouring asphalt on top of the dirt, no base rock, no compressing, nothing. I was driving on some of their most major roads, and the surface of the road is a U shape from the trucks pushing down on their tire tracks and then the middle of the lane rises up. Its so bad that the middle of your lane at points is so high it scraps against the underside of your car. Not to mention the HUGE potholes everywhere. At one point the potholes were so bad, it was better to turn off and drive off road to the side of the road, skip the potholes, then drive back to the road.

Everyone I spoke with had a negative opinion of China.

Anyway, here is a video of a fat goon visiting a few Zambian schools and buying lunch for everyone (I was like, "can I just buy the food and take pictures?" and they said no, you have to serve it, or the kids don't believe that you bought it for them :lol: )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC8HOKqPonk

Cute video, genuinely.

Do you have any videos of these poorly prepared roads that China built? If they were literally poured on top of dirt I *think* that should be easy to see: it would be extremely fragile and prone to breaks the moment the underlying ground softens & a truck drives over it, right?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Ned Price remains the most loathsome worm in the administration

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

uganda seems to have passed a law criminalizing lgbtq+ people, with some penalties including death

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-65034343

I thought they had already done this the last time the church of LDS went over

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
What's Kemal like? News feed plays up him hyping Real Turkish Democracy so my gut reaction was "bog-standard neoliberal"

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Is there anything this man won't balkanize

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Community notes the only good recent twitter development

Lmao that musk made quote tweets less visible

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Rumors surfacing that Comrade Lulu will offer rear end a free BBL (Brazillian ballistics liason)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Yeah, it's a really interesting thread and pro-click. Elephants are extremely intelligent & emphathetic, so dealing with them can be like dealing with a 5 ton child. They don't like being cut off from each other & they dont like when anyone goes missing or dies, and they can put together that humans are killing them off.

A proposed solution in the replies is to have electric fencing, since they can also figure out "this hurts, I don't want to touch that again", but that would be costly to both build & maintain for Botswana, and they're smart enough to deal with flimsy installations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54MEscueiYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVqgSVMyPx8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Weka posted:

you need to switch to the back camera

drat