Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Is the protagonist of this some dumb guy and not the oni girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
lol this is quite a show

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
strellawhateveritscalled has a nice butt

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I have to come clean about my motivation for watching this show

I dig chicks with horns

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
why does this show inspire such violent hatred of heterosexuals

i know they're different from us, but they're still normal, and valid :)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Droyer posted:

So like, do you think it's incredibly hosed up that people close their eyes when they kiss?

thats slightly different, imo

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I've been praying for the good pegging anime for so long now, but I never dared to dream it would be about an oni girl

Trigger saves anime once again

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

After review, I've re-adjusted my expectation. I'd only take 4:1 on pegging, with the even-odds frontrunner being a different position like reverse cowgirl.

She's clearly pulling him into the facing lap ride position when they get in the robot in ep 1

:discourse: taste

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
other than the 2 eps about the girl and her dead gf it was aggressively mediocre but I kept watching it because I liked get really stoned and watching the OP so much

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Loran only crossdressed for like 2 episodes iirc which is extremely hosed up

maybe he did it again on the moon?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Well, they're right

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The twist is that instead of butt handles she grows a crotch joystick that the protagonist has to articulate with the muscles of his anus.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Cancer's different in looks from the "feminine women" is that she has big muscles I guess and the other two are massively more complex than that. And this dynamic you're constructing between them and the "feminine women" as a burn on toxic masculinity actually just makes the show sound incredibly sexist

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Personally I hope they all die

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Lets talk about why you hate Shinji

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Now that we've confirmed there's no pegging I think I can safely drop this

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
actually please give me the femmey twink butthandles and masc pilot that would own

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

sincx posted:

Yeah for that sort of messenging, I think anime is the last place you should expect to find it.

im gonna expect it and you can't stop me

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the whole bird speech is about the pair of a man and a woman so it has to be a man gay man and a woman gay man or equivalent

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

yes, ive read your posts

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the rest are lovely and deserve their fate

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

LostRook posted:

That's a lot of weird fanfiction you just wrote.

Ikuno is pretty obviously into Ichigo what with the shoulder touch and all. Goro is less explicit, but the way the naming scene is laid out seems to be hinting at something.

I don't think Ichigo putting her hand on Ikuno's shoulder means Ikuno's gay for her automatically

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Oh yeah,

DisDisDis posted:

Now that we've confirmed there's no pegging I think I can safely drop this

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I will say, I love that 02's taller than Hiro (i don't care if it's just the heels)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
What's the reason the guys are gay and which guys? didnt pick up on it

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Crabtree posted:

There's a reason people are gay?

Well fursonally I wanna get railed by leather daddi-sorry sorry I mean what indicates that they're gay?

^^Ikuno looked really unhappy but resigned to what Ichigo was telling her (to ride with the dude even though he tried to ditch her and is an rear end in a top hat)

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I think maybe the strict militarist authoritarian beaurocracy thing isn't supposed to come off as completely smart and efficient about everything

and maybe there's some bad intentions behind them not letting her pilot with him that'll come up later i dunno i dunno

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

tsob posted:

Given the dismal numbering of some of the secondary cast I'd assume that the overseers have to be numbering them based on something inaccurate at the least, and that Zorome for instance will end up closer to 6 than 666. I'd say the numbers are probably just going to be irrelevant though, and an attempt to rank individual pilots when what'll prove more important is the bond between couples who choose each other. So 02 and 016 will be more powerful than 01 and 03 or whatever because 02 and 016 choose each other and have a genuine bond, rather than the artificial, forced relationship for the apparently stronger groups Papa selects.

As such, I do think it likely the secondary cast will revolve their robot pairings around a bit to find happiness, I just don't think the system (or the creators, whichever you prefer to think of it as) will be sexually open enough to have gay couples simply because the basic tenet of the show seems to be shooting for heterosexuaity only and the cockpit system doesn't seem like something with enough latitude to accommodate gay couples (or at least, not lesbians) as well as the production issues I mentioned probably disbarring it earlier.

what's specifically untenable about lesbians it's a very blunt sex metaphor they're not literally sticking the dick in to pilot

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
He's not going deeper in her with his physical dick though (well, at this point in the show lol) if we're allowing the homo pilots could be a thing at all, which the show doesn't so far, there's no reason two women would work worse than two men

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sarcophallus posted:

I will delightfully toxx my account if there is even a smidgen of explicit homosexuality in this show. I have no idea how all of you are missing the central theme so incredibly hard. Someone quote my LGBT wish fulfillment post, it's relevant again.

Anyway, enjoy the extreme heterosexuality coming your way.

Let's hash out the terms in advance here. What does it need to be explicit. Do they need to literally gently caress on screen, kiss, hold hands, etc.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Well bud I think you're gonna win that one honestly. Granted on the condition that you can't talk about any of the hets having romantic interest if they haven't kissed on screen

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I mean, Citrus is airing as we speak but...

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i really liked the lady who conjured things out of her mouth but i found that show incredibly dull and boring

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
but then, here I am watchng darling in the franxx

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I mean I don't expect anything from this show but I don't think 'an old man was shown to creep on his female subordinate' is a show signaling it's gonna be all het all the time

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
It really needs any redeeming factor it can get

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

sincx posted:

I think Darling is the probably the wrong anime for certain posters to shove their ideology into, and ADTRW is probably the wrong place to do it.

Please don't turn this forum into NeoGAF.

don't be a bitch who are these "certain posters"

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The mere mention of homosexuals is inherently political

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

• Locked thread