Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

those are pretty common, we had one put up by us mid 90s that was that except the "leaves" pretended to be oak to blend in with the other 200 foot tall oak trees in the area.

What level of dystopia is it that my dryer decides my sopping wet clothes are "dry" and refuses to run anymore because it has a extra special smart boy sensor that just knows you're wasting electricity

so I have to restart it every 10 minutes for an hour, or if I forget my poo poo all mildews and I have to re-wash it.

loving lg trash. jokes on me, I paid $250k for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They stick out worse than bare towers do, especially when they’re on hilltops.

Agent Break
May 14, 2009
https://x.com/Archi_icons/status/1772261169085985104?s=20

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
that rules

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Harik posted:

those are pretty common, we had one put up by us mid 90s that was that except the "leaves" pretended to be oak to blend in with the other 200 foot tall oak trees in the area.

What level of dystopia is it that my dryer decides my sopping wet clothes are "dry" and refuses to run anymore because it has a extra special smart boy sensor that just knows you're wasting electricity

so I have to restart it every 10 minutes for an hour, or if I forget my poo poo all mildews and I have to re-wash it.

You shouldn’t be putting sopping wet clothes in the drier.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

The Lone Badger posted:

You shouldn’t be putting sopping wet clothes in the drier.

the washer does a pretty good job with the spin cycle, apparently they didn't slap a dirt sensor on it to stop working halfway through because "your clothes are clean enough".

the dryer is just incapable of taking it from there and fulfilling its only purpose in this world because it's "smart".

it's even got bluetooth! look at how smart it is*

* bluetooth requires an app that hasn't worked since android 6

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Harik posted:

Three Olives, is that you?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That’s got to be a joke about the appliance coming with the place.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
They could be using something like this:

Professional Tunnel Continuous Batch Washer System - $200,000

If so they got ripped off $50K and it doesn't even dry right. lol.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

withak posted:

that rules
it's netflix

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Tulip posted:

The point is to publish actual scientific results, but make them so annoying to read that only the most dedicated nerds can wade through it.

learning to speak your field's Academic dialect ftw

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

aw :(

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

blatman posted:

every time someone has their penis surgically removed, the doctor calls me up "its go time" and they attach it to me - i am a sea urchin of unwanted dicks
This was an actual character in an Iain M. Banks book. I think it was his last one where the entire human race becomes so anarchist that we transcend reality into a higher plane of being.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Svaha posted:

This was an actual character in an Iain M. Banks book. I think it was his last one where the entire human race becomes so anarchist that we transcend reality into a higher plane of being.

Not the human race, a different species. But yeah, there's a human in there with poo poo loads of penises. He wants more, but they can't safely expand his vascular system to accomodate any more dicks. It's also a compeltely pointless flex - he fully admits that he's got more dicks than he needs, logistically he can only use a fraction of them at once.

The Hydrogen Sonata is all about existentialism and people's search for meaning and purpose - sometimes that's art, sometimes that's science, sometimes it's an excessive amount of dicks.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

They stick out worse than bare towers do, especially when they’re on hilltops.

Ah I see you know Atlanta well

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

That's one Sonic CD-rear end looking fake palm tree

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sll6EB810mg

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

Lmfao

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Harik posted:

$250k dryer aside, this usually means that the thermostat is borked, and its shutting off for safety due to misreading the temperature.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
Mine would do stuff like that until I cleaned the sensor. look up the model number and try that.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Gully Foyle posted:

$250k dryer aside, this usually means that the thermostat is borked, and its shutting off for safety due to misreading the temperature.

That's a good point. Hey OP you're cleaning the lint trap, right?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Kit Walker posted:

That's a good point. Hey OP you're cleaning the lint trap, right?

A $250k dryer would come with a butler that cleans the lint trap daily

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I paid 14,90€ for a drying rack and it works everytim and folds up for storage.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
drat, 14,000 euros for a folding rack, that place really is going to poo poo.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/abcdentminded/status/1772168071588762092?s=20

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmfao

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

loving lol

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
My girlfriend bought credits for an AI song making app where you put in lyrics and you specify the genre and it makes a song out of it so I made a rock opera about being a disgusting incel.

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024

https://i.imgur.com/jFNyQxn.mp4

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

expected but still funny

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

GODSPEED SPIDERMAN

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

did not disappoint

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

LuxuryLarva posted:

My girlfriend bought credits for an AI song making app where you put in lyrics and you specify the genre and it makes a song out of it so I made a rock opera about being a disgusting incel.

your girlfriend shouldn't give those companies money

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i'm buying all my friends and family ai song credits this year for dyngus day

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

paying money for ai is weird and unnecessary imo

fire off some cheap laughs at a free trial then dont use it again

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You know the Fiverr songwriter is judging you and your gross family, with a cloud service there's always a chance no eyes will see your content

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

your girlfriend shouldn't give those companies money

That's what I said!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

Had to download SlingTV to watch 28 Days Later because they’re the only place that has it…they edited the film to be almost three hours long with space held for ads, but they didn’t actually sell any ads I guess, so there’s just these big three-minute gaps in the movie with their logo and some generic horror woods in the background. Dozens of them; they add more than an hour to the movie