Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what the gently caress i thought we elected trump to fix this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ok now we have to start a twitter botnet and pump up the "google censors jesus" story until hannity sees it and latches onto it and then talks about it on his show and then trump sees it and focuses on nothing else for a year

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/willknight/status/958231499509149697

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MizPiz posted:

Periscope just suggested I check out a live stream about an ongoing school shooting

the algorithm works

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

sir i only asked whether you wanted that milkshake to be small or large

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

sounds about right if you want to be considered the most loyal and therefore kept if layoffs come

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wheeee posted:

lol if you think they give a gently caress about loyalty beyond you being too scared to start poo poo

yeah but if they know everyone is scared into submission then the tiebreaker is who sucks their dick the most

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

these guys business consists entirely of scamming gullible rich into letting them put their brains into useless pickle jars

yeah it owns

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why is the VR wifein a school classroom

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cant believe you arent appreciating the disruption of the ketchup industry

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

not pictured: the $300 device meant for dispensing the ketchup slice

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hell fuckin yeah

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Why is Russia so good at publicizing their robotics failures?

russian dashcam footage is a powerful cultural export

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

"Robot Bees on Mars" sounds like a 40s pulp sci fi story

werent they usually sexy alien ladies

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im the guy who says the thing we call "autopilot" does not claim to fully drive the car

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Giga Gaia posted:

no way. did he just write a tweet about that or actually invest money in it?

thats the hyperloop

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Marzzle posted:

how or why are the predicted lines determined? the most dystopic thing seems like it’s just more interest groups oppose policy change than favor

they have a bunch of data and then draw the line that fits the data the best

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

this is the article it's from

https://scholar.princeton.edu/sites/default/files/mgilens/files/gilens_and_page_2014_-testing_theories_of_american_politics.doc.pdf

i havent read it but coming up with a line like that is basic statistics

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what happened to richard bransons vanity rocket company

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

injecting myself with homemade research chemicals to own the libs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah the recession caused a big drop in vehicle miles traveled, emissions, etc

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

large oblate cat posted:

It's funnier than that. A lever that would tear the ship apart and kill everyone on board if switched too early and had no computer override because :shrug: was switched too early. Can't really blame the copilot for being stupid since none of the training or manuals mentioned this kill switch, it was only ever mentioned in one powerpoint years before he was hired.

lol richard branson built a spaceship with a self-destruct switch

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

does disabling a safety feature and killing someone count as disruption

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

there was a radiation therapy machine in the 80s that due to bugs gave people way too much radiation and killed people due to radiation poisoning

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therac-25

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

univbee posted:

You must pick a hairstyle from these options.

The Nastier Nate posted:

The future will have 3 acceptable hair styles

Buzz cut
Crew cut
High & tight

this is the worst character creator ever

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

in recent papers on adversarial examples (the academic term for a specially-constructed input to fool a computer vision system) there is evidence that they can transfer across systems, and if you can construct one of these examples that can fool a bunch of different computer vision systems (differences in eg the specific neural network structure it has, the dataset it uses, etc) then it could fool one you have no knowledge of because it happens to be particularly robust

although most of the datasets people use for academic research have at most on the order of 1000s of things it can classify it is. i dont know enough about what facial recognition neural networks do when they want to classify between tens or hundreds of millions of people. my guess is that they in practice perform like poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

One GPU, One Vote

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i forgot where i read it but one of the best trump twitter things is how he excluded jack dorsey to his industry council or whatever because they refused to sell the campaign a promoted hashtag of #CrookedHillary with an emoji of a woman with a big bag of cash

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

anime was right posted:

ubisoft just announced they're crowdsourcing content for a AAA game lmao

havent they already been doing this for years with like skyrim and team fortress 2

or is this some new crowdsourcing where they'll sell it but wont even give the modders a cut

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

Well at least that'll make the reality of labor-management relations a bit easier to understand for the libertarian dunderheads in this subculture.

I mean at some point all those modders might start to question why Ubisoft gets all the money (I'm assuming they'll be paid jack poo poo, or at best a pittance). Right? Maybe? A little?

they'll hold some half-assed protest where tons of people say they plan to boycott the game then all roll over and buy the game on day one like a bunch of cucks like gamers have done every other time they get mad about the game companies loving them

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

disrupting the see-through wall space by not building a wall and just a bunch of cameras instead

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Over Easy posted:

what in the gently caress does that have to do with VR? people have been using surveillance cameras for decades

are they blockchain cameras?

im not reading the article but im 90% sure that instead of watching the feed of the cameras and the drone-mounted cameras on a computer screen itll be vr goggles. also there will be augmented reality which means they run some image processing on the feed to identify people and vehicles

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

after that bit with brad parsquale talking about how they got multiple facebook employees to work at the trump campaign office and they made sure to set them up with loyal trumpists, has there been any blowback from facebook employees who are similarly shocked that the evil company they work for is not actually as woke as they've been bullshitting

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MizPiz posted:

Tangentially related, but is The 6th Day as fun as I remember it being?

its pretty good. one of the better of the later arnold movies along with true lies imo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hackbunny posted:

Arnold is terrible in it. If you can overlook/enjoy a lead actor who can't act, it's great

if you want good acting you shouldnt be watching arnold movies

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

glad she is dead posted:

edit: after watching the interior video of the car it is pretty obvious that the driver is watching something to the lower right of the wheel.

plowing through a homeless woman in an automated AI driven car while streaming a tacky TV talent show is still cyberpunk as gently caress though

her job required her to continuously monitor a computer screen with diagnostics while the car is driving and tag events for the programmers to review later

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao this is insane

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

blade runner prequel sounding pretty good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im not even sure what funko pops are

theyre like a certain brand of bobblehead that is really popular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im on the net me boys posted:

They aren't bobbleheads. At least, there are variations that are bobbleheads, but most are stationary. They're just little vinyl figures.

01011001 posted:

plastic figures that are usually some kind of nerd media character which go on top of a computer desk or in a cubicle in a vague attempt to prove to coworkers that you have some spark left

ok so theyre bobbleheads but nerd-branded and (like everything nerd-branded) three times as expensive