Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

chairface posted:

Pretty hesitant to sign onto early adoption of brain cybernetics but in terms of replacement limbs, holy poo poo I'd like it if more than my left arm worked properly. These things aren't even 40 years old yet. Is there no goddamn warranty on these meatsacks?

Having a knee and wrist that aren't in constant dull background pain for the rest of my life sounds kinda nice, sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Some red wines have prominent green pepper aromas, could be the case with this one. I just accidentally guillotined myself, didn’t I?

Not usually in pinot noir though. You get those aromas from pyrazines, which are for example pretty common to note in cab sauv or cab Franc (and in whites, sauvignon blanc - SB and CF are CS's parent grapes too). I think ripeness affects how intense that particular aroma is, with more ripe grapes having less pyrazines but it could be more complicated than that.

I will now take your place in the guillotine.

thalweg has issued a correction as of 20:00 on Sep 18, 2020

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Rhesus Pieces posted:

This loving guy

The Tech Baron Seeking to “Ethnically Cleanse” San Francisco

he thinks this is a chilling neo-fascist call to arms but it reads like the revenge fantasy of a nine-year-old nerd who just got swirlied by the cool kids

Isnt this idea lifted like straight from a 10+ year old slate star codex blog post? At least the whole idea of the Grey tribe definitely is. I cannot get over how dumb these "rational" mfers are lol. Imagine thinking you are smart and then sincerely saying the "AI Flying Spaghetti Monster" is going to part of your smart tech guy culture.

thalweg has issued a correction as of 16:35 on Apr 27, 2024