Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

https://twitter.com/verge/status/956270659352526849

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

http://fox17.com/news/local/does-google-home-know-who-jesus-is-brentwood-resident-says-no

quote:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) —
Audio technology like Google Home and Amazon's Alexa are becoming a dominant source for information.

But now, it appears one of the most common names is unknown to Google Home.

And some people are sounding the alarm about what the technology tells you when you ask about Jesus.

Brentwood resident David Sams owns a Google Home and an Amazon audio speaker. He says both give two different answers when asking "Who is Jesus Christ?"

"I even asked Google who is David Sams? Google knew who I was, but Google did not know who Jesus was, Google did not know who Jesus Christ was, and Google did not know who God was," Sams said.

Smart speakers are a technology owned by about 40 million Americans -- that's about one in six people in the nation.

And this religious conversation at home is making waves on social media.

Comments, videos and test results posted asking "Who is Jesus?"

The general response from Google Home is "I'm not sure how to help you with that."

There's still no response from the Google company on why.

"It's kinda scary, it's almost like Google has taken Jesus and God out of smart audio," Sams said. "First it started with schools."

Google Home refers to Jesus Christ when asking about the Last Supper and even Saint Peter.

And there's plenty of information on the prophet Muhammed, Buddha -- even Satan.

Nashville resident Martin Collins says she thinks this feeds into a bigger problem.

They took prayer out of schools, they think just taking Jesus out of everything is politically correct these days and I think that's the stem of a lot of our problems," Collins said.

Collins has no doubt Google has purposefully programmed Jesus out of its audio speakers.

"To keep from stepping on toes, political correctness," Collin said. "That seems to be more important these days than what's right and what's wrong."

Sams is calling for answers from Google as it's become a main source of information readily available that so many are coming to depend on.

"I don't know if there's some kind of wizard making these decisions or if it's some kind of oversight," Sams said. "But whatever it is, they need to address it immediately."

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/963450789590196224

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Lawman 0 posted:

I think I'm going to watch altered carbon

It's only an ok show, but it has some pretty :krad: moments. Worth watching if you like cyberpunk type stuff.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Greetings, Silicon Valley shitlords! I have developed a high tech rock of eternal life!

How does it work? Well you see, when you are about to die, just rub this rough, volcanic rock all over your body. Small amounts of DNA contained in your cells will rub off and be trapped in this rock. We'll then put the rock in a very secure rock pit deep storage vault. At some unspecified point in the future, SCIENCE will figure out how to use the data encoded in your genetics to ressurect you to full life, one that will certainly be full of leisure and pleasure, because of all the SCIENCE they will have then.

Sure, it might be a long time before the science of that will happen. But you can't prove this won't ever *not* work. And when it eventually does? Jackpot for you! At only $100,000 per immortality rock, can you really afford not to? After all, if you don't buy the rock, your money is useless when you die anyway!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Goldman branded TED talks fellating Ole Musky?

Is this some sort of long form troll targeted specifically at goons?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

tfw you realize you don't gotta be alone anymore.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Omg there's a kickstarter video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SwbjI2ZZr0

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagfgfdjkndekjxknsakjzzzzzz ... :(

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Like... there's a lot to unpack here.

Emily is a pretty white girl from Michigan. Thac went to a 3rd tier Business school, had an unfortunate kitchen burn accident, wants to bang Emily, and totally TOTALLY believes glistening tomato leather is the future of cheeseburgers.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

you say doxx like I didn't just type "slice of sauce" into google.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Somewhere, a Silicon Valley writer sighs and throws another nearly finished script in the trash.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

quote:

Zach Vorhies, 37, a senior software engineer at YouTube, said in an interview that he had been sitting at his desk when the fire alarm went off. He grabbed his electric skateboard and headed for a back exit, he said. As he rode down a gravel hill, he heard someone shouting and saw a man lying motionless in one of the office’s outdoor dining areas.

quote:

“This is what they are doing to weekend activists and many other people who try to promote healthy, humane and smart living — people like me are not good for big business like for animal business, medicine business and for many other businesses. That’s why they are discriminating and censoring us,” she said in the video on Facebook.

I just hop on my electric skateboard and flee a workplace shooting by a demonetized vegan terrorist vlogger, out here in the stupidest timeline.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/988197017603264512

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

I'd like like "lol Goldman welcome to jumping the shark" but tbh, this is probably a cynical fleece the Muppets play. If anyone could steal from Bitcoin idiots bigly without exploding themselves from touching the poop it's probably them.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Just lmao if you aren't constantly glassing your own face to stick it to the giant computer robo-fash who also sells you mail order soap.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1001953665652051968

Thanks for the update, faceless multinational pharma corp.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://jacobinmag.com/2018/06/google-project-maven-military-tech-workers

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

This is by far the shittiest episode of Black Mirror yet.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Class Warcraft posted:

Every person I've ever seen wearing this brand is exactly the same: overweight white dudes who were too chickenshit to join the military but still want to associate themselves with having done something they perceive as badass so they play a lot of military video games, wear camo cargo shorts, and buy poo poo like this.

Maga chud fascism cosplay is 2018 as gently caress.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/emojicon-bk-2018-tickets-43886531798#tickets

quote:

JULY 14, 2018

The second-ever Emojicon will take place in Brooklyn, New York — the Saturday before World Emoji Day.

Come discuss the evolving role of emoji in culture and branding around the world, meet members of the Unicode Consortium’s Emoji Subcommittee, and get a behind the scenes look at global leaders' emoji design processes.

Play fun emoji games, enjoy emoji-themed foods, and check out a unique curation of emoji art and design, all alongside teams of technologists, creatives, and emoji enthusiasts imagining the future of emoji.

Emojicon BK Attractions:

• Emoji Party! featuring exclusively emoji food items and an emoji photobooth.

• Conference exploring the cultural and technical worlds of emoji.

• Emoji Art Gallery.

* Games and activities, including Emoji Spelling Bee,

* ✨Special performance and DANCE PARTY✨ by emoji artist and performer Yung Jake

$50 a ticket. Fifty real earth dollars.

Please 🔪 me I want to ☠️

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

MizPiz posted:

This is good cuberpunk, though

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Not sure if this is cyberpunk or not but it is lovely.

https://twitter.com/rothsara/status/1021918260122406912

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Food Boner posted:

it's a matter of data management and statistics really

shouldve included equal ns across ethic groups so you dont bias the algorthm

unfortunately this means burning 90+% of your input data :shrug: i guess what im saying is

dismantle the pic and liquidate 90+% of law enforcement (and nationalize amazon)

Also the source data of who society considers a criminal is hugely biased towards minorities. This is the problem with ML: If you're just naive or incompetent when building the models, you'll end up laundering all kinds of prejudices, and then it comes out the other end as some infallible AI judgement of "black people are criminals" and then racists will go "see, it was the computer, it's all science there isn't even a line of code that says black people are bad, it just learned that on it's own!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Main Paineframe posted:

countdown to marketers finding a way to weaponize this to make people less likely to disable ads