Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Rhesus Pieces posted:

really good podcast episode about how insanely powerful amazon is, how they got that way, and how unbelievably powerful they still want to be

https://art19.com/shows/why-is-this-happening-with-chris-hayes/episodes/048207ae-68b8-4929-ab3f-0a93346957ed/

Good podcast ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

it's good how cut and dry that map is

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

:catstare:

Bury all bosses in shallow, unmarked graves filled with those things, IMO.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Extremely good to see the panopticon serving us rather than oppressing us.

quote:

Key enablers like Intelligent Biometrics technology are already in place to make line management and security screening more efficient, but collaboration is paramount to make air travel truly hassle-free

Do not struggle!

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Here's some sweet, banal, dystopian sugar:

https://twitter.com/NYTNational/status/1114906687004205056

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

quote:

In separate discussions verified by Motherboard, that employee said Twitter hasn’t taken the same aggressive approach to white supremacist content because the collateral accounts that are impacted can, in some instances, be Republican politicians.

The employee argued that, on a technical level, content from Republican politicians could get swept up by algorithms aggressively removing white supremacist material. Banning politicians wouldn’t be accepted by society as a trade-off for flagging all of the white supremacist propaganda, he argued.

Oh my.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

https://streamable.com/zh80x

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

as an HCI grad and filthy tech worker, the idea that many smartphone apps aren’t designed to be addictive in the classic sense of the word is naive.

companies employ thousands of people like me to work on this poo poo, and it works better than a newspaper ever could.

it’s not healthy; smash capitalism.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Shifty Nipples posted:

… everything… gently caress[!]

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Ham Equity posted:

"This AI thing is a huge time saver, just make sure you verify everything it tells you with other sources..."

If I have to verify it with other sources, wouldn't it just be faster to use those other sources in the first place?

please do not speak this aloud or the economy will die

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

No the plan is to make regular search so unusable and inundated with ai poo poo that you have to use their paid search to find real poo poo.

nah, paid chatbots that may or may not be lying to you

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

I pay for it and it sucks rear end

that's because you're searching the internet, which is bad now

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

"How do you dynamically recalculate weights in a useful way" is basically just saying make it an AI. LLMs are not, and will not, be true GAI.

do you want to make number go down

because this is how you make number go down

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

lol the own-goals happening in the rush to be first to some “AI” thing… own

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Lavender Spliffs posted:

Excuse me, my sons is are also called 'Borts'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

spechtie posted:

this marvel of an AI-powered hardware assistant can be yours for only $199!
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7365144333965659422

the future... is here