Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who am i
Tama Momochi
a poster on the somethingawful adtrw subforum
View Results

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
What is this?

What is it about?

Why should I watch it?

Where is it airing?

Crunchyroll!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tama

te

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If I knew how to make gifs I would make one of the Tama slide.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Feels like fetish-bait.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Feels like fetish-bait.

my fetish of fully-clothed girls living normal lives is raging rn

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I guess for posterity, pancakes

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My pancake fetish

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I feel the like entire second episode was a setup for that "breakup" gag at the end. You know what? I'm fine with that.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Also what the heck is an ice cream vending machine doing on a school campus anyway. My high school didn't have anything like that.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

StandardVC10 posted:

I feel the like entire second episode was a setup for that "breakup" gag at the end. You know what? I'm fine with that.

Basically. If it helps, break up is “hanare tamae” in the spoken jp which is building off the extended wordplay gags in this ep with Hana and Tama.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Pretty standard Manga Time Kirara SoL/comedy but I'm always down for that so I've been enjoying it. It'd probably be higher on my list if this season wasn't crazy enough already with all these other great shows. I like how things so far have gotten tied back in to the general premise of Hana's apprehension about being a year behind. She probably should just come clean though, or it's only going to get harder to say anything.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Also what the heck is an ice cream vending machine doing on a school campus anyway. My high school didn't have anything like that.

It's Japan. It's the culture for having a vending machine for everything and generally trusting their students a lot more rolled into one.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

StandardVC10 posted:

Ice Cream is a good source of calcium. During WWII, the US Navy would recall submarines back to port if their Ice Cream machine broke down.

It's those crafty soda vending machines that have no value.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Have people besides SHAFT finally figured out colored linework looks good as hell?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

Have people besides SHAFT finally figured out colored linework looks good as hell?

Yes, J.C. Staff did it (first?) in their Index/Railgun shows. iirc they were the ones that did it first successfully so that others could follow.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Episode 2 confused the hell out of me but apparently Japan banned the MMR vaccine after a few bad/expired batches (or something along those lines) and hasn't vaccinated kids against mumps for decades. So measles and mumps epidemics are still a thing in Japan.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm glad that the premise of this show is her lying to her froends

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Desuwa posted:

Episode 2 confused the hell out of me but apparently Japan banned the MMR vaccine after a few bad/expired batches (or something along those lines) and hasn't vaccinated kids against mumps for decades. So measles and mumps epidemics are still a thing in Japan.

Japan also used to use (and still use? I forget) live polio vaccines rather than the inert ones used in the US so kids would regularly get and spread polio after recieving the vaccine until herd immunity started to kick in.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I really like the character animation in this. It's slightly strange but comes out very cute.

But Hana please PLEASE come out and tell them you stayed back a year.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This show feels like somebody threw a few issues of Manga Time Kirara into a blender and made a nice tasty smoothie out of it.

And, hell, it is indeed tasty.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am beginning to wonder if Tama is perhaps too genki. Also every park should have a dinosaur statue.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

nielsm posted:

I really like the character animation in this. It's slightly strange but comes out very cute.

But Hana please PLEASE come out and tell them you stayed back a year.

it'll almost certainly be the cause of a 2 episode crisis the show can end on

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

waiting for the gif to start

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
please be patient with her, she's a slow start

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tama!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

te

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

indeed

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And here we thought citrus was the more aggressive one.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I probably wouldn't have gotten to this on my own in this busy season, but I'm really liking it as a prelude to the idolwatch

hiki lady is really cute with a sidetail

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Namtab posted:

I'm glad that the premise of this show is her lying to her froends

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
So many good SoL this season. I didn't see a ton of people talking about this one so it wasn't immediately on my radar, but I'm glad I decided to check it out while not being able to sleep one day last week.

A lot of good little moments in this episode. I can't choose a favorite.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Micky!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i know this is true myself, but just so we're on the same page, we all agree that kamu and eiko are the cutest, right?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
100%

• Locked thread