Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who am i
Tama Momochi
a poster on the somethingawful adtrw subforum
View Results

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

StandardVC10 posted:

I feel the like entire second episode was a setup for that "breakup" gag at the end. You know what? I'm fine with that.

Basically. If it helps, break up is “hanare tamae” in the spoken jp which is building off the extended wordplay gags in this ep with Hana and Tama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
please be patient with her, she's a slow start

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i know this is true myself, but just so we're on the same page, we all agree that kamu and eiko are the cutest, right?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Saki, but yeah. Saki is the mahjong manga by an extremely thirsty girl who dominates her manga with yuri subtext and sometimes just text. Also in the manga, no one wears underwear and oftentimes their clothes are barely clothes at all, like wearing a track jacket without pants or a kimono that's about to come unraveled at all times. it's one of the most impressive examples of "i'm getting paid to be horny so here we are" i've seen

anyways, the Slow Start mangaka has done over 80 doujins for Saki at this point so if you're familiar with that series you can definitely tell how it inspires her here.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the girl in the laced thighhighs is the best. she's a kugimiya rie char with a fleshfang whose mahjong performance is reliant on her taco powers

also the main team have the most normal designs, if you really wanted a good own you wouldve dug deeper

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

DisDisDis posted:

e; anyway I'm sure it's very "cute" and "gay" and the sports matches are very interesting or w/e

DisDisDis posted:

The grandmas are cute, and gay.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I watched the ep and I can think of a few reasons why a yuri mangaka made a gag where two girls come back to a classroom and one is glowing while the other is fatigued

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Agronox posted:

I was trying to think of a “if you liked THIS, you might like Slow Start” and the best I could come up with was Kiniro Mosaic.

kiniro mosaic comes close briefly in that ayaya and yoko have their moments, and honoka is eventually elevated from "random classmate who feeds karen" to actually going on a date with her in season 2 and joining the main cast. but rather than looking at other anime, slow start reads to me most like a lot of yuri doujin for established franchises where the story and motivations are already part of the original work so the doujinshi just focus on the character interactions the author wants to see.

it's not "let's kiss and make out" like sakura trick, it's way closer to the other 4koma gag kirara stuff. but where the girls in hidamari are usually talking about arts and crafts and their chill apartment life and new game is about working in game development, and sometimes these have perverted gags and relationship building, slow start is just founded upon thirst and gay girls, it doesn't really concern itself with anything else for long. the premise is important to only hana's character and doesnt concern the rest of the cast outside of interacting with her. their daily conversation either starts with or leads into what panties eiko is wearing or what clothes kamu forgot to wear or whose 'sauce' they're drinking. it's pretty amazing in that regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

nice letterbox

• Locked thread