Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

and thank Starman Super DX for their lovely service!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

and thank Starman Super DX for their lovely service!

thank you starman, you done good!

welcome boldfrankensteinmir, you're gonna be great!

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Thank you Souper! Welcome, BFM!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Macnult

Splatmaster posted:

Thank you Souper! Welcome, BFM!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Thank you, loyal peasants! And much glorious praise to my predecessor Starman Super DX, we will erect a statue in your memory if there's time.

But there might not be time.

If I am to be idiot king for a month, it's important we get some things out in the open right away-

1- I have no idea what I'm doing.
2- One of my new years' resolutions this year is to fix SA's front page, and seeing as BYOB made several excellent contributions to that publication in 2017 you can expect me to push hard towards that end. If you have an idea for a thread you think might be good for front page fodder, post it! My blessings, whatever they are, will be concentrated on front page stuff.
3- Did I mention I have no idea what I'm doing?

So now I have some questions for y'all- am I supposed to just be moderating your pages, or should I be starting my own? It seems kinda rude to sticky my own thread but then kings are rude, right? Lay some IK etiquette on me, brothers and sisters, for I have many ideas of how to abuse my new powers and am eager to do so.

Sig by Heather Papps

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
I shall bow out gracefully, and although the prospect of filling the... immensity of my legacy may seem daunting, I promise you...

...that there's absolutely no possible way you'll live up to it. I sincerely hope that this is a great weight that has been lifted off of your shoulders!

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

prepair to be destroied vile mod!!!!

cda

by Hand Knit

Putty posted:

prepair to be destroied vile mod!!!!

Mario? With a gun???! It'll never happen.

Starman Super DX

cda posted:

Mario? With a gun???! It'll never happen.

uhh I’ll have yuo know i wrote my eighty page dessertation describing the many complex lvls of similaritimies between Mario Kingdom Battle and a little game called Yoshi’s Safari??? perhaps youve heard of it?? :smug:

Tell me more!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Thank you, loyal peasants!

wow

Starman Super DX

always remember friend that Starman was an idiot king of the posters, for the posters, and by the posters

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 15, 2018

Tell me more!

Duckbox

Draw more goblins.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Starman Super DX posted:

always remember friend that Starman was an idiot king of the posters, for the posters, and for the posters

I will never forget u

Starman Super DX

drat I couldn’t salvage that post before it was too late :argh:

anyway though srsly gratzo to forums user BoldFrankie and good luck with your forum prospects. I’m a little disappointed in myself for not doing more so here’s hoping you’ll actually be more effectual than I was.

Tell me more!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Okay so I'm finally starting to get a handle on this... I'll admit I'd never even heard of IK until I got asked to do it, so there's been a learning curve. I'm gonna do less stomping around and more subtle modding stuff.

BUT!

I am gonna push us to do something cool for valentine's day, even if that stretches this illustrious office a little bit. Art don't happen without that push.

Sig by Heather Papps

alnilam

very kingly av, nice

alnilam

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Okay so I'm finally starting to get a handle on this... I'll admit I'd never even heard of IK until I got asked to do it, so there's been a learning curve. I'm gonna do less stomping around and more subtle modding stuff.

BUT!

I am gonna push us to do something cool for valentine's day, even if that stretches this illustrious office a little bit. Art don't happen without that push.

yeah i was gonna recommend you dial it back a little but i don't want to interfere too much... i like the v day idea!

the funnest thing is sticking good threads imo

City of Glompton

thankee starman and welcome bfm :)

Duckbox

What's the story with that name anyway, bfm?

BoldFrankensteinMir

Duckbox posted:

What's the story with that name anyway, bfm?

In the great tradition of Corin Tucker's Stalker and other awkwardly named goons, it is a stupid joke from high-school I refuse to change as a point of principle. At one point the discussion between me and my fellow losers came up as to what the BFM card in Magic:The Gathering's Unglued set stood for, and for some reason miss-stating "Gold, Frankencense and Mihr" as Bold (The laundry detergent), Frankenstein and Mir (The russian space station, which was in the news at the time) was funny. I have long since forgotten why it was funny, but since "Bold, Frankenstein and Mir" was too long for the name field it just became BoldFrankensteinMir.

BFM has become the usual shorthand, although Frank and BoldFrank are also common. I have actually used Frank Bold as an alias on more than one adventure, but those are other stories....

Sig by Heather Papps

alnilam

BFM: Big Friggin ______

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
cock

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

alnilam posted:

moth

BoldFrankensteinMir

Originally it's Monster. It's Wizards of the Coast goofing on Doom's BFG, which is itself playing on Dahl's BFG. So my name is a loose play on a joke abbreviation that is a joke of a joke.

People also know me as Ian since the front page uses our IRL names, and I don't mind it.

Edit-

Duckbox posted:

Draw more goblins.

Trying to have one up tomorrow, thanks for following!

BoldFrankensteinMir fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 16, 2018

Sig by Heather Papps

Twenty Four

alnilam posted:

Mayonnaise

Also thanks Star and welcome BFM!

Since you asked, my IK advice from when I held the office:

Don't take it too seriously. I was super nervous like "oh gosh what do I do?" and the answer is just post like normal, maybe sticky a couple of good threads, and don't worry about it much because this is literally the chillest most friendly subforum, which you already knew! Don't feel like you need to push your newfound weight around or anything. Just like, maybe make a fun thread or something. :)

Also I love your idea to see a return of BYOB to the front page. g0m (aka no they will not / yeah actually they will) had us up there for a good stretch, and I think a lot of byob threads are comedy goldmine worthy, even if it isn't a weekly or monthly deadline thing. But I think g0m gave that gig up or hasn't bothered in a while for whatever reason, as I can't remember any front page comedy goldmine articles from any subforum in months. I have no idea how to go about it though other then for you to maybe email or message lowtax or g0m?

Starman Super DX

Twenty Four posted:

Mayonnaise

Also thanks Star and welcome BFM!

Since you asked, my IK advice from when I held the office:

Don't take it too seriously. I was super nervous like "oh gosh what do I do?" and the answer is just post like normal, maybe sticky a couple of good threads, and don't worry about it much because this is literally the chillest most friendly subforum, which you already knew! Don't feel like you need to push your newfound weight around or anything. Just like, maybe make a fun thread or something. :)

Also I love your idea to see a return of BYOB to the front page. g0m (aka no they will not / yeah actually they will) had us up there for a good stretch, and I think a lot of byob threads are comedy goldmine worthy, even if it isn't a weekly or monthly deadline thing. But I think g0m gave that gig up or hasn't bothered in a while for whatever reason, as I can't remember any front page comedy goldmine articles from any subforum in months. I have no idea how to go about it though other then for you to maybe email or message lowtax or g0m?

Yeah! See, I had the opposite problem where instead of being incredibly overbearing I kinda forgot that I had IK here and there and didn't sticky nearly enough threads :( because BYOB is so small and less active it's really easy to shirk your responsibilities when you could be spending effort that would normally be used on ousting trolls instead on improving the forums (which is exactly what you seem to be intent on doing!)

Whose Post is it Anyway will happen at some point though... when I feel like I can expend focus on an internet comedy forum. And also when I can come up with better prizes... :thunk:

Tell me more!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
I most enjoy it when an IK does a cool contest or something like that! Olive's post it notes were great. BFM's idea for a valentines day art thing sounds perfect

Although I do understand that these things take a lot of time so just do what you're able to do you know?

I like the idea of helping the front page, but as you stated previously BFM, Lowtax has hesitated to give you the ability to post things to the front page, and it's pointless for us to write things for the front page if we can't post them there

Oh I forgot to congratulate you on the last monstergeddon. it was so, so good

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

BoldFrankensteinMir

blaise rascal posted:

I like the idea of helping the front page, but as you stated previously BFM, Lowtax has hesitated to give you the ability to post things to the front page, and it's pointless for us to write things for the front page if we can't post them there

That aspect of this is particularly frustrating, yeah. It'd be one thing if he had some vision for it that all my attempts simply didn't fit, but right now that vision is "ghost-town with tumbleweeds" so I don't get why nobody lets me take a crack at it, other than that the forums generally dislike try-hards.

Well... to heck with them. I'ma try hard even if it's lame. Nothing happens if nobody pushes.

Sig by Heather Papps

Matoi Ryuko

whatup

Piso Mojado

hi

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
a real ik woulda pro bed me already :colbert:

:twisted: im just joshin ya i been busy with school i mighta mist that thread or summat GL big monster peace!

also super starman is as smooth as a dx7 and i appreci8 ur servace

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

a real ik woulda pro bed me already :colbert:

:twisted: im just joshin ya i been busy with school i mighta mist that thread or summat GL big monster peace!

also super starman is as smooth as a dx7 and i appreci8 ur servace

Hey yeah where is our prob thread? I bristling with rowdiness.

BoldFrankensteinMir

I AM supposed to be handing out joke probations. Okay, I'll think of something...

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hey just checking in, is there anything else I'm supposed to be doing/ that you would like to be doing while I'm IK? I've been busting my butt over in LP but I'm trying to keep up on the first two pages of BYOB too. Y'all are funny.

Sig by Heather Papps

alnilam

you started off a little too strong but after about 2 hours and ever since then you've been doing great imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

alnilam posted:

you started off a little too strong but after about 2 hours and ever since then you've been doing great imo

Sweet! I am nothing if not over-excitable. Valentine's Day photoshop thread is inbound, just gotta cut out more little hearts.

Sig by Heather Papps

• Locked thread