Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Beatless is the latest novel>manga>anime conversion to be picked up exclusively by Amazon Prime.

Amazon Synopsis: Most of the world's needs are fulfilled by humanoid robots called hIE's. One day, 17-year-old Arato Endo meets the android Lacia and becomes her owner. She is one of five androids with advanced AI. Each of the five units have their own motivations, and fight to gain each other's abilities. What will the relationship between man and machine be moving forward? That is something Arato must find...

Thor-Stryker's Hot Take: Scantly-clad android girls blow poo poo up with a do-gooder, robot-loving protagonist caught in the middle.
---------------------------
Characters:

Screenshots:

I haven't read the manga, so I don't know what direction this show will actually go, good luck and may the odds ever be in your favour!
Watch it Here (Requires Amazon Prime Membership)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the mc is a wimp, the license agreement segment took way too long and the ed is odd, but i did like all the little details they put into the world

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

if Chobits were re-written by an edgelord 14 yr old

still there's a chance this show could be good, but I wouldn't take a 100:1 bet.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah the show is pretty cool with details like when the fugitives were being introduced and the last two were like "lol no" as if the intro was a feed the soldiers in the copter were watching

basically this show looks cool in spite of the mc. thanks to dav for reccing this, the ED really is good. ClariS LOVE

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ep 2 was pretty good, reminded me of real drive with the sol sci fi angle

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

The story and music make me think of 2014, while the visuals make me think of 2019.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
while im not sure I liked the presentation of the robot modeling sequence, I did like how they basically showed (not telled!) the mc being brainhacked by a pretty chatbot

i am pro ai rights and would also like them to be more than perfectly manipulative sociopaths

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so is this more on the fanservice end of sexbots or the grim cyberpunk Blade Runner end

if this is the former, not interested, if it's the latter I'm mainlining every existing episode of this when I get off work

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so is this more on the fanservice end of sexbots or the grim cyberpunk Blade Runner end

if this is the former, not interested, if it's the latter I'm mainlining every existing episode of this when I get off work

Awkwardly in the middle. It attempts fanservice but ends up silly instead, and attempts grimdark but ends up like a teenage edgelord instead.

The main character is aggressively bad. I can't watch shows like that, with those hypocritical pacifist warrior shounen leads. 3-episode test failed.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The milquetoast protag got brainhacked and was convinced to face down a dude with a blowtorch and won the fight with flailing nerd strength and beat him on the face with his vive.

Everything he did in that scene, including the reluctance to kill a defeated enemy, was in character.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Anyways, I like the broad direction of this show, because it's semi-hard sci fi in the vein of Boichi's Origin, also featuring a perfectly sociopathic robot. And characters have motivations and agendas, even if they are unclear.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Yeah I'm out for now. I like the worldbuilding this has, but the presentation is really bland, I can't find myself caring for the characters at all.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I think this show is just plain bad. Its not that I don't care for the characters, I actively despise them: wish fulfillment robot extraordinaire being near the top of the list.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

beats in the shell

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Indiana_Krom posted:

I think this show is just plain bad. Its not that I don't care for the characters, I actively despise them: wish fulfillment robot extraordinaire being near the top of the list.

The future is full of stupid apparently. I grit my teeth and watched the whole lot just to get it behind me and make sure it didn't improve lazerus like at the end.

Just about everything felt wrong or made me shout at it. The AI uprising and the annihilation of mankind would have been welcome but they appear to have chosen 'pure love' with robots an extinction instead. In just 100 years horny teens have died off if you believe this garbage. The setting and some plot points could be made into something worthwhile, the artwork is ok but I'm really reaching to try and find something nice to say.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ratzap posted:

In just 100 years horny teens have died off if you believe this garbage.

More like Beat-off-less, huh?
There are supposed to be 2 cours, though.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ratzap posted:

The future is full of stupid apparently. I grit my teeth and watched the whole lot just to get it behind me and make sure it didn't improve lazerus like at the end.

Just about everything felt wrong or made me shout at it. The AI uprising and the annihilation of mankind would have been welcome but they appear to have chosen 'pure love' with robots an extinction instead. In just 100 years horny teens have died off if you believe this garbage. The setting and some plot points could be made into something worthwhile, the artwork is ok but I'm really reaching to try and find something nice to say.

I find this unbelievable.

Confirmed documentary Darling in the Franxx shows horny teens will continue to exist long after the apocalypse.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

I find this unbelievable.

Confirmed documentary Darling in the Franxx shows horny teens will continue to exist long after the apocalypse.

Literally and figuratively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
Watching episode 14 was like seeing parts of this thread in the dialogue.

The cops have our wonderful doormat MC in for questioning and a couple behind the mirror glass have a conversation.
He reminds me of my parents dog. He's stupid and will wag his tail for anyone - random passerby or hIE delivery man.
So the type who rolls over if you give them a pat on the head.
In other words the ideal tool for an AI

Ok, that's one way to hand wave away one terrible character but what about the rest?

I had a great laugh when his robot told him he can't use the sexy fun parts because he's under 18. Owned by a pricey fleshlight.

• Locked thread