Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
while im not sure I liked the presentation of the robot modeling sequence, I did like how they basically showed (not telled!) the mc being brainhacked by a pretty chatbot

i am pro ai rights and would also like them to be more than perfectly manipulative sociopaths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The milquetoast protag got brainhacked and was convinced to face down a dude with a blowtorch and won the fight with flailing nerd strength and beat him on the face with his vive.

Everything he did in that scene, including the reluctance to kill a defeated enemy, was in character.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Anyways, I like the broad direction of this show, because it's semi-hard sci fi in the vein of Boichi's Origin, also featuring a perfectly sociopathic robot. And characters have motivations and agendas, even if they are unclear.

• Locked thread