Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Have you ever considered talking to a therapist? Not a medication-prescribing psychiatrist, but just a person who listens professionally and can provide perspective. I'm betting you could find one who specializes in military transitions who would Skype with you. You can talk out what you're thinking a bit in total privacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Yeah, that's a very good idea. And a much lower cost than "four more years in," also.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
The best job in the Marine Corpse is "ex marine" QTIYD

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Deathy McDeath posted:

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Deathy McDeath posted:

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Deathy McDeath posted:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
If only there were a high-demand, espirit de corps type job in which you spend the majority of your time doing poo poo like patrolling an urban environment while feeling victimized by your bosses, your nation, and everyone who ain't your bros.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Because what this nation needs is more koolaid drinking veterans in the police

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

it's us v them buddy

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Deathy McDeath posted:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Everyone hates loving cops lol

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
gently caress cops

Also gently caress marines

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
All the stick has to do is bring down one F-35B and it wins the ISK war

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

tbh, afaik the marines weren't fooled by the stick. it was the iraqi army that believed they could find bombs with a stick.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Couldn't you burn the stick instead of breaking it?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Marines are not allowed to possess fire by international treaty. Too many dead Marines.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
I wasn't in yet but when my battalion deployed in 2003 they burned down their entire tent city somehow.

They still tell the tales of the property claims that everyone had to fill out to get reimbursed for the property that was destroyed and how no one at all took advantage of the situation for personal profit.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

DaNerd posted:

I wasn't in yet but when my battalion deployed in 2003 they burned down their entire tent city somehow.

They still tell the tales of the property claims that everyone had to fill out to get reimbursed for the property that was destroyed and how no one at all took advantage of the situation for personal profit.

I was in Kuwait when that happened. To be fair to those who lived in those tents, the Kuwaiti's waterproofing method for canvas tents was super flammable so a spark would turn the entire place into a fireball.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I was in Kuwait when that happened. To be fair to those who lived in those tents, the Kuwaiti's waterproofing method for canvas tents was super flammable so a spark would turn the entire place into a fireball.

What camp was that? I was at Fox until Oct 2003 and I remember thinking what a firetrap that place was, wouldn't surprise me if it went up after I left

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Perfect for a demographic famous for smoking and littering :hmmyes:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Farrier Theaks posted:

What camp was that? I was at Fox until Oct 2003 and I remember thinking what a firetrap that place was, wouldn't surprise me if it went up after I left

I am pretty sure it was at Commando. I was at Bouganville until the invasion and then we crossed into Iraq.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

DaNerd posted:

I was in in the 80's/90s - yeah, I'm old - and the SNCOs still talked about the Fuji fire.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
All I kept hearing about were things that happened when Christ was a corporal.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

"When Moses was a Road Guard!"

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Lol they're making the PFTs and CFTs harder again next year.

Sucks if you're still in.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
How many dicks do you have to stuff up your rear end to pass next year?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PenisMonkey posted:

How many dicks do you have to stuff up your rear end to pass next year?

It's the new corps now, so it's all about how many balls you can gargle without tearing up

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Internet Wizard posted:

Lol they're making the PFTs and CFTs harder again next year.

Sucks if you're still in.

Do females have to do pull ups or nah? I remember they added that to get a perfect, then removed it? Still a dead hang?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Do females have to do pull ups or nah? I remember they added that to get a perfect, then removed it? Still a dead hang?

They have to do pullups now but like 6 or something is max score.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
One of my boys I served with hit me up and turns out he's BACK in the corps. All I could do is laugh at him. Then I had a dream where he showed up at my door and was like " yo boi grab this gat we go'n to afrikkkka! " I was also completely covered in sweat and running a fever, hell yeah sick as gently caress crazy dreams.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

MaxPowers posted:

One of my boys I served with hit me up and turns out he's BACK in the corps. All I could do is laugh at him. Then I had a dream where he showed up at my door and was like " yo boi grab this gat we go'n to afrikkkka! " I was also completely covered in sweat and running a fever, hell yeah sick as gently caress crazy dreams.

At least it didn't involve sandstorms and not being able to see. I wonder who in here has the weirdest nightmares. Dark as gently caress sandstorm, full MOPP gear and I cant find my weapon. Somehow that's the one where I wake up sweating. Not the weapons outboard going down the road in an unarmored truck on an endless road one, or when I'd swear I hear the Gun Display Unit (GDU) beeping or "Fire Mission" going off and wake with a slight start. Those ones are just annoying. Not ruin your day territory.

The cat helps, but I'm in a hotel for work so he's back home, bugging my sister.

Anyone else have weird dream poo poo?

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Yes

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nah, just violent poo poo all the time.

I'll buy your dreams fam

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I dreamt I was sent to Afghanistan and was actually enjoying it. I only ever deployed to Iraq.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
sometimes i dream im back on parris island thinking i have to do all this poo poo again. or im in a tent city that goes on forever. worst dream though is where i lose my rifle, lol

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

They took out the dead hang a year or two back, and added in the option for both genders to do push-ups instead of pull-ups, but the push-up option maxes at 70 points.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

If you do 17 pull ups, 100 crunches, and come in right at 28 minutes you'll get a first class PFT.

I did that math in 2002 cause holy poo poo do I hate running.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
Failing run time is now 27:45 for most age groups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I never understood the point of crunches. Seemed like it was just free points.