Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
You've never seen anyone fail the crunches before lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

If you fail your crunches you should loving trip your partner during the run.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lol if you fail crunches you should get kicked out for being fat and anyone who can't max out crunches is a piece of poo poo

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Crunches are literally "are you smart enough to game the system" and "is your partner going to throw you on a grenade" combined

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Last time I did a PFT my unit decided that everybody under E-7 lied about their crunches score and refused to enter that PFT for the record but obviously the SNCOs and Os that did the test at the same time didn't lie.

The test was on a Friday and they made all of the junior enlisted redo it on Monday so I just showed up and did the minimum number of pull-ups and crunches and left because I was on limdu for my hip at that point and doing that many crunches was straight up agony.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Steezo posted:

Dark as gently caress sandstorm, full MOPP gear and I cant find my weapon.

Steezo posted:

Anyone else have weird dream poo poo?

Yes.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Poncho liner tucked,

snugglin' in with your brothers.

Wake up. You are alone.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I attribute this dream to a fire mission where we were using excal and it was past the too late point, a woman and a gaggle of kids just walks by this dude shooting at one of our plts and tries to shoo him off. If she would have stayed literally 3 more seconds she, rear end in a top hat mc'gee, and the nine to fourteen kids would have just been obliterated. Lucky we just got the bad guy, but in those 5 seconds was the most dreadful feeling I've ever had in my entire life.

Someone out there has to get the dream where your LT has just called arty fire onto your position and you're like sir? And he's like YEAH I KNOW! Then you hear the whistling and you're like SIR?!?!?!?!?! Then you wake up?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Part of our on the deck load for OIF was a couple rounds fuzed up for an ICM In The Wire mission. You know, where you fire straight up, max charge on a timed fuze, and run like hell.

Made a few of us nervous. Some of it stuck.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
im about ten years out so i might be off base but is that like a mortar gunline's final protective fire?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Farrier Theaks posted:

im about ten years out so i might be off base but is that like a mortar gunline's final protective fire?

nah minimum range is like 80 meters I don't know what the gently caress that poo poo is.

edit: I think the dude has iraq and dien bien phu confused

PookBear fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 19, 2018

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Victor Vermis posted:

Poncho liner tucked,

snugglin' in with your brothers.

Wake up. You are alone.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Farrier Theaks posted:

Its one on the three types of direct fire. Only done if you're about to be overrun. So, someone who liked balancing spreadsheets made everyone nervous for no reason, is what I was saying. FPF and FPL are something else. That's when the unit you're supporting is being overrun.

Same kind of stupid that almost got the guys who replaced us shot, by us. Because they got us hyped up about a couple stolen/missing vehicles, then didn't tell us our relief was in place in till we met them, on patrol. After telling us to check every vehicle, even U.S. ones.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

dude you are smoking crack

I'll loving toxx for a ban if you can find a usmc publication that ever calls for firing HE straight up and straight back down

In fact you are specifically not to displace during fpf you loving sling rounds until you die

PookBear fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 19, 2018

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

ICM not HE. Pay the gently caress attention. Already stayed its not an for mission its an emergency displacement issue. Was part of 3/11 SOP as of OIF 1.

Go ahead and name the other two direct fire missions for a 155 if you think you're so poo poo hot. No Google.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

We used to watch gun bunnies try to shoot killer junior at one of our ranges during CAX. Does that make me an honorary artilleryman?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

We used to watch gun bunnies try to shoot killer junior at one of our ranges during CAX. Does that make me an honorary artilleryman?

If you got to pull the lanyard sure.

Just be careful around the positions, area of echo and hearing loss suck.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Steezo posted:

If you got to pull the lanyard sure.

Just be careful around the positions, area of echo and hearing loss suck.

I lost my hearing firing rifles inside buildings and in the cab of vehicles long before I worked at TTECG. I wish I'd known as much about hearing loss back then as I do now because it seemed like back before and during the OIF 1 and 2 era that no one gave a poo poo at all.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I wish I'd known as much about hearing loss back then as I do now because it seemed like back before and during the OIF 1 and 2 era that no one gave a poo poo at all.

Ditto. Especially now that I know what products were available, and the issued flanged plugs had issues.

Wanna be tinnitus buddies? We can ask each other WHAT? For hours on end.

If I have to pull old battery, or battalion SOPs out of storage on my next weekend at home I will. I will not be called a liar on the internet. Where nothing is at stake. Save maybe $20.00 to the local humane society.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'm not arty but I have never heard of firing howitzers literally straight up in the air and if you can find any us literature that calls for it I'll eat a ban and give lowtax another tenbux

:toxx:

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

It may have been the gunny being insane or something kept in the SOP for an excuse to smoke dudes by making them max el the gun. But we had charts with times for the fuses for this. Max charge, by powder type, times by fuze type. One ICM.

Or someone just kept photocopying gunner charts from Vietnam. DA 4513 sheets were last updated, what in the 90s? There's still some old charts and docs out there

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Steezo posted:

Wanna be tinnitus buddies? We can ask each other WHAT? For hours on end.

Former AAV crew here. Could you say that again, please?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
RIP Shneidy

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Hang all loving nobles

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Arty and I’ve never ever heard of shooting ICM straight up into the air... never heard that poo poo from any 3/11 old timer either.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Happy birthday you lovely fucks

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Happy two four three Birthday everyone.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Happy birthday you lovely fucks

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Maybe this is the year you rapey cocksucks figure out a capability not already possessed by other services

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

Maybe this is the year you rapey cocksucks figure out a capability not already possessed by other services

We don't stab nearly as many cab drivers in Japan as the Navy does.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

maffew buildings posted:

men in the navy are sexually satisfied without ever needing to leave the ship. liberty is actually a punishment.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

maffew buildings posted:

Uh, have you seen how many rip it cans I can fit up my rear end?

I'd come up with a real answer but lol effort

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

Uhhhhh you mean like amphibious landings?!?!?! Check mate

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
everything sure got dumb, fellas

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Things have been dumb since 1775

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

PenisMonkey posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

Arty and I’ve never ever heard of shooting ICM straight up into the air... never heard that poo poo from any 3/11 old timer either.

Ask Albert or Stone, if you know them. There was some weird poo poo in the SOP in OIF1.

PenisMonkey posted:

Also, this. Just this, now and forever.