Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

SoftNum posted:

What is 100% anyway? Just all chars / all espers?

I hope it's not like "all rages" too or something that would take forever.

Yes, it's just all characters/Espers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Dancer posted:

Treat me like I'm stupid. How is that less benefit to them than a random teenaged 3-viewer Minecraft streamer?

I don't know if you know, but... Baiten Kaitos 100% requires waiting for two weeks for an item to turn into another item.

Like, actually two weeks. You don't do anything else. You just wait. There's nothing to watch (except for the, let's say, about twenty hours when you actually play the rest of the game).

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Roluth posted:

Oh jeez the Metriod/ALTTP combo randomizer is being run. This will be hard to explain in the time they have.

It's listed as three and a half hours. I think they will have time to explain it.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Odd posted:

Is it just me or does the twitch UI suck now? How do i collapse the left column this is garbage

You can't, because why would Twitch leave you something you want to do?

Edit: at least they put the host button back.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

The whole idea to do a DK64 charity stream came from a video he did that was basically 40 minutes of gushing about how good and cool speedrunning is, so I bet he'd be on board if GDQ wanted to do something with him.

He's even official!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Lynx Winters posted:

He's not, someone made that as a goof.

Aw.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

re: rpglimitbreak

Hoshi Wo Miru Hito sounds nothing short of incredible.

https://twitter.com/Succinct_Punchy/status/1094795868019064832?s=19

The run also uses 3 controllers for reasons I have not worked out yet. It's one I plan to catch.

I've seen this run during the Big Bad Gameathon.

If you like glitches and bugs in RPGs, or really lovely RPGs, or both, you should not miss it. Dowolf is good at talking while he does it, too.

The main reason for an extra controller is because if you do mirrored inputs on controller 1 and (I think) 3 at the same time, so for instance left on one and right on the other, you can appear to move based on one set of inputs - and this is the one it checks for collision detection - while it actually updates your position based on the other set of inputs. This lets you pass through things like 'water' and 'walls' as long as you can keep track of where you actually are, since it won't be where you look like you are.

Edit: Things are probably even better now - he's cut minutes off his PB and taken the world record.

Prism fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 12, 2019

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

What THE gently caress that is incredible.

Why does it even accept input from controller 3?? I wasn't aware the famicom even had a multitap?

i must see this. I must.

The Famicom got a multitap (made by Hori, but officially licensed) in 1990. That is three years after this game came out. Nobody knows why it accepts input that way.

Here is the one I watched. I haven't seen the updated version.

Prism fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 12, 2019

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ToxicFrog posted:

Autobattle justly got the thread's attention, but what is "13 Zodiacs All Cats"?

13 Zodiacs is doing the side stuff to get all 13 zodiac stones. I assume it's not popular enough to get a bunch of channels (it only has one entry on SRL) so that one covers all categories (Math/no Math, etc).

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

dirby posted:

On the decompilation of SM64:

As mentioned in that video, the completion of figuring out what all the functions and such do is relatively recent, and was not needed for most of Pannenkoek's work/all of Kaze's work. Most of what Pannenkoek does is based on STROOP, his way of monitoring and understanding RAM during gameplay, which was comparatively easier to sort out versus figuring out all the functions used to build the ROM.

...of course he called it STROOP.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
King's Quest 5 is the PC CD version and is listed as CD Audio Showcase rather than a speedrun.

The CD audio absolutely belongs in the 'bad' bin. Especially if they're doing what I think they're doing with it. There's a bug that really messes it up, but in a funny way.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Groovelord Neato posted:

Saw a tweet the other day that said "what you think Zelda was 20 years ago" and showed LTTP and "what Zelda was 20 years ago" and showed Wind Waker and I immediately crumbled into dust.

Same but the Final Fantasy one (the Final Fantasy that came out 20 years ago was X).

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

oldskool posted:

It's lovely that the chud marathon is the only one that lets Big Jon do speedruns, I miss the comfy dude

He's got his own channel if you want to watch him shill his very own crypto.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Gainz. Also he does slots streams.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Johnny Joestar posted:

getting an early premonition of some people in the community being weird about the event requiring vaccinations and masks

It's too late to be an early premonition, comments are already doing exactly that.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

mandatory lesbian posted:

Uranium anchor literally just posted and is a tech guy for them lol, but he always disappears at any sign of backlash

I wouldn't expect a tech guy to either defend SGDQ's runners or stick around to be yelled at for the decisions that certainly aren't theirs, either.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Kikas posted:

Oh wait, it's Kirby Tilt and Tumble this year.

...does that mean we're gonna see Kirbymastah tilt a whole-rear end Gamecube on stage?

It says Gamecube with GBP, so it looks like yes!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

ArfJason posted:

Let me guess: ace by using several controller port inputs to create fake objects and actors and whatever by streaming data ala that gbc TAS that had a spongebob clip play

Exactly. It's interesting if you are into ACE. (I am not.)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Xerol posted:

Last I saw there were basically no major skips and RNG manipulation is nearly impossible so it's a lot of just optimally playing the game as intended.

You can manipulate it for brief periods (mostly by getting the battle AI in a loop) but yeah there's not really any major shortcuts. You just gotta do the game.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

VictualSquid posted:

First look; those are some strange games, that I have never heard off.
Second look: Oh, they are listing the runner's name before the game.

Yeah it sure makes the Currently Playing and Up Next lines a lot less usable, doesn’t it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

marathon needs to end with mario rpg remake imo

Good, because it is.