Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

You guys forgot a speedrun for the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Those GDQ dumbfucks do remember that one of their main announcers for the last few events has been protomagicalgirl, right? Probably not a good idea to invite the dudes checking for adam's apples on the :females:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad that GDQ manned up and took care of it. Still concerning that they tried to bury the issue, but as long as the community keeps pressure on them we can force them to change.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

If they dont represent his current values why was he still tweeting NPC memes last month

Don't read too much into the post, he just choose the option from the alt-right dialogue wheel

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

iospace posted:

Apparently this may be related to why PMG felt she got forced out of a staff role :smith:

Yeah someone said she isn't MCing anymore, which really sucks :(

What happened?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

axeil posted:

GDQ needs to just pre-emptively ban all incels/alt-right/hateful ideology people. There's no excuse for allowing them into spaces that are intended to be open for all people.

I'm sure they wouldn't let in KKK members because their mere presence there indicates a tacit endorsement of their views because their view is that only people like them should exist.

They need to be hyper vigilant because gamer culture in general is trash and if GDQ really wants to be an inclusive space they have to go above and beyond in taking out the trash.

edit: To clarify, one of the reasons I love GDQ/speedrunning is because its the antithesis of most toxic gamer culture. GDQ has to proactively maintain that because the nazis are actively trying to destroy it like they destroy everything they touch.

In addition to everything you just said, the guys that run GDQ really need to understand that when they put on these events they not only have to put the best foot forward for themselves, but for the charities they are raising money for. Both Doctors Without Borders and Prevent Cancer can't be associated with a bunch of incels that joke about checking for adams apples on girls or talk openly about "the Jewish question" during a run. At best it will force the two charities to sever their relationship to GDQ (and keep in mind -- Prevent Cancer at least does a lot of behind the scenes work for the event) and at worst cause them to not accept any money raised. So you HAVE to take a no tolerance policy on this kind of poo poo, or else it will really lead to trouble down the road. Not to mention that any nazis at the event making things much less safe for everyone involved.

Basically GDQ needs a PR guy, and they need one fast.

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 28, 2018

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

I'm glad they're acknowledging this.

I'm still looking forward to AGDQ '19; I'm not going to stop supporting them immediately because I feel like that would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. But the next year is going to be very important for GDQ and I sincerely hope they improve as a result of this.

Yeah, basically this for me too. Its going to be difficult as well because GDQ has been on the alt-right shitlist for awhile now and this will be their best opportunity to gently caress with them

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

zelgadis posted:

this is most insufferable virtue signaling circlejerk I've ever witnessed.

have you heard of speedrunning? where you play video games? i like gdq but I don't think most spectators(hundreds of thousands?) are part of the community or give a poo poo about someone's opinions about muslims

Do you check for adams apples on girls too

Edit: Be nice to this guy, he's just going for the "Banned for being a nazi shithead" WR

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

zelgadis posted:

honestly, I came here for posts about speedrunning, and I get a very politically charged thread. Clearly people who do not agree with you are not welcome. I know not agreeing with you makes you a Nazi(a defunct political party, which no one is a part of, but you can feel good that your 'fighting' Nazis). I guess it would be too much to ask you to tone it down, or make a separate thread. (GDQ drama thread, GDQ community thread).

Where are the PBs. Resets. i mean seriously. look at what you've become

As was discussed up above, GDQ is not just about going fast but having fun while doing it. Kind of like how we can take time out of our day doing what we do while also dunking the gently caress out of you

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Say what you will about Hitler but he did nail the "Rotting away in a Soviet Gulag" skip

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 1, 2018

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Ocarina of Time 100% (Dampe Heart Piece) is a biggie.

The Majora's Mask 100% Dampe Heart Piece is similarly a pain, given the streams I've watched

Probably one of the big ones that leaps out to me is getting enough super missiles / power bombs in Super Metroid since it can kill an otherwise on-pace run if you have to spend time farming them from metroids before Mother Brain

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Tooie is better because it is the point where Rare said "gently caress it!" and created a fully labeled warp menu after iterating on BK's awful matching color pots and DK64's still not great matching number pads.

DK64 is probably the best speedgame because the glitching bullshit is incredible. Using grenades to cause slowdown but move faster since the game compensates :allears:

Shoutout to the run a year or so ago where they got the whole crowd to go aahhhhhhhh baaannnaannnaaaa for every banana

Also I feel like I'm the only one who loves Tooie :( Collectathons are my weakness.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

oldskool posted:

they have 40 hours of backups

I kinda figured FF8 was going to be the marathon closer, but now I'm hoping for LttP Rando: Crowd Control because that will be nuts with the last-second donation pushes.

Hopefully they remove the insta-kill donation or else everybody is going to be sitting there for a long while :laugh:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

site posted:

the trag run

You can't blame him for that though since that run was the epitome of comfiness

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

This seems like a real missed opportunity for the Baiten Kratos 100% speedrunners to make their mark

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

site posted:

that seems about right for the people who advertised the sequel on gdq for like 6 years before it actually came out

And then had it be an autorunner lol

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Closest I got is the Cannonball Run

// e: beaten, but with a link to a real-life event

Didn't realize that Steel Ball Run was a documentary

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

Better online than offline and in Florida.

Yeah I'm sad that its not offline but they made the right choice when they canceled their reservation.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

pmcTRILOGY posted:

The Disallowed Games list for the SGDQ 2023 Submission Guide says "Harry Potter Series, including Hogwarts Legacy" so it's all of 'em.

:hai:, there is a large enough trans community in speedrunning that I can't see them doing anything else.

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 18, 2023

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Hey, we are finishing out with Super Metroid again after so long!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

You could probably get it down to seconds if you pregame it some

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Ganonflorf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Bremen posted:

Super Metroid any% race. I guess it's clear I'm just all about the SNES runs, but also the races in general are usually fun.

Glad they are bringing it back, it was the staple close for GDQ for years before the pandemic.