Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Me, posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
finally got to watching the DKC reverse boss order and what the hell

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Former Human posted:

Todd Roger is a really sad or perhaps even mentally ill person. I think we all know that by now. The bigger question is how or why is Twin Galaxies this biased or incompetent? "Verification" is basically "my buddy the referee agrees I got 15 million points" and if anyone else second guesses it, even with indisputable proof, they get shouted down and nothing changes. Is it possible to measure integrity as a negative number?
The dude is sad (i mean he's a washed up pro gamer living on bullshit that's like 30 or 40 years old at this point) but he's not mentally ill, he's just a dude who lied about a bunch of stuff. He found a niche where people liked what he did and then took advantage of it, that's just normal run of the mill human greed

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Studio posted:

Todd Rodgers is 53

The point where he was"popular" is 30 or so years old, not he himself. Sorry about the unclarity

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Considering some number of them colluded with Todd I'd say at the very least any scores those people verified are suspect, and that's like, the least of the problems

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I can't believe Celeste is a Sonic fangame now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

in related news, billy mitchell of 'king of kong' fame was discovered to have been emulating the game and not playing it from a direct feed

https://twitter.com/zallard1sda/status/959502551606427648

did that like, actually do anything tho? he was still playing the game at least

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fawf posted:

If you read the whole post there's a very real possibility his runs were tool assisted

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

allegedly his run contains unrealistically good RNG from the norm as well so there's pretty strong odds he cheated

ah, word, can't say im surprised tho dudes a dick

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
im very glad celeste has an ingame speedrun thing so it can tell me it took 20 minutes to clear a level which i have a feeling is not quite world-record pace

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
wow, so you're saying the whole arcade was in on it...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SeXReX posted:

Its a donation incentive bonus game but you won't like it because instead of playing it bad and slow they do high skilled maneuvers to go fast

languages evolve, now speedruns mean killing everything and not skipping any content

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Not to worry. SGDQ threads will be posted some time during Saturday.

Wait a drat minute y'all idiots are doing the stream during pride weekend, lol

Well I hope nothing good is on for the those two days

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dizz posted:

can't wait to watch the 0x A press mario 64 run this agdq

The run takes 30 minutes but there are frequent 4 hour breaks to explain what's going on

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Musical_Daredevil posted:

It's :tutbutt: after a fanart derail in the SGDQ shitpost thread.

Actually, That thread was a fanart thread with occasional speedruns derails

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i think it's fine and good to script out relevant stuff like talking about glitches and movement tech but scripting jokes only really works if like, actual comedians are involved

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zamujasa posted:

Here's a version that is a little shorter, but mostly just has all the scrolling comments off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqcUjiMtDhk

tbh the comments are part of the magic, imo

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boFt7oBvMqo

im linking this mostly cause its funny to me they made an hour long video for a less then 5 minute speedrun

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
24 hours of ff12 sounds like hell for literally every single person involved, and maybe even a few who arent

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ToxicFrog posted:

Apparently it's Order of Ambrosia %, which is the in-game achievement for basically 100%ing everything including exploring every square meter of every single map.

this is violence

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i dont know what any of that post means

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
jeez NordVPN was a trap all along, how perfidious of lowtax

e: ah jeez im sorry this is a bad snipe heres literally the first video i found when typing in new speedruns into youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbJyvmBWUkg

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
The baten kaitos run is a full week longer then the event itself

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr. Stab posted:

What happened was a bunch of nazis got together and decided to do the ok-hand in order to trick the libs into thinking that nazis do the ok-hand.

the increasingly less rare occurence of trying to be so ironic that you come out completely and utterly sincere

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I like when glitches/skips/strats get really dumb names

The full halfie is easily my fav speedrun trick name

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
lol so decided to play around with randomizers and got nuke in corneria as a level one spell, life rules

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dias posted:

This is a good enough time that I can consider myself a speedrunner and therefore be able to complain about the community in this very thread! Yay!

I should do All Weapons one of these days and actually record it tho.

Pretty good dude

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
id be interested if its replicable with original hardware too tbh

Doom Mathematic posted:

Surely that counts as illegal hardware manipulation. What if I just get a high energy cosmic ray source and use it to flip bits in game memory until it triggers the end sequence?

what about it is illegal? i dont think the government cares much if i put a heatpad under a videogame console

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

bike tory posted:

To be fair, Shadow of the Colossus was a total outlier. That game looked better than poo poo coming out like 5 years later. The horse controls and animation still hold up.

Honestly i think it still looks good, the sense of scale of the titans is still pretty breathtaking even if like, actual graphics are lacking. Idk thats probs just nostalgia talking

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

SeXReX posted:

for a long time the scene of sharing video game accomplishments was dominated by people driven by ego who spread the idea that what they were doing was something special only they could when in reality just about anyone who has the motivation to put in the work to practice and grind out attempts at something can achieve so many things. Thankfully the culture is shifting, and more people at the top are spreading that message that anyone can do it.

This is especially funny since when i think of that era of people being titans, i think of like early early speedrunning like todd rogers and billy mitchell, ya know, people who cheated

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Blindfolded Punch-Out is some kind of fever dream. I watched it and literally don't believe it.

Its the best one ive seen, i could watch that every year

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
im not super keen on sm64 since blindfold runs of that depend a lot on postioning which isnt as exciting but luckily theres like 100 plus hours of other stuff to watch so im glad its there for the people who like it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

No healing means you don't get dig/teleport points either, right?

I believe the triggers are set when you enter the center, not when you heal. So it looks like you can still get those

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Tbf a bunch of cishets put pronouns in bio as a performative thing so like its not surprising if theyre the ones defending karl

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Aurora posted:

you can use the morph ball ledge storage warp to disable samus' hurtbox and make her invincible by activating the storage as you enter an emmi zone transition

Are these things i can learn about that dont involve trying to do anything with discord

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Like, in theory, what is the minimum thats possible to do with real hardware in super mario bros? Its insane how close tsa and rta are

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I just want you to go fast, but slowly

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

No gently caress off!!!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

firmly agree with all of this post

doesn't mike uyama lurk here?

Uranium anchor literally just posted and is a tech guy for them lol, but he always disappears at any sign of backlash

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I will never press the first letter button

Ah, the b button ch...experiment