Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

logikv9 posted:

Also congratulations to the other winner, who through sheer stupid luck also devised a guess which came around 2.6 days, which I will also accept.

holy poo poo lmao :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i got the closest cos i picked 69 weeks, from a certain perspective

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

rudatron posted:

Logik please probate everyone over 10 days, as we have all been owned, by the dems having no spine

i would, but i'm hesitant on straying from the upfront rules too much because i want people to feel like competing without too much ambiguity in the rules. that said, it's a sixer lol

i am willing to go with scrubleague's idea and let people go for double or nothing in the next shutdown, if it occurs. something like if you lost the first time around, you can request to go all in the second time around risking something like a 24 probe for a new avatar/title for yourself, and also a new avatar for somebody else :getin:. i'll probably think about this in more detail later.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
what fun is a competition without stakes. if the government can be shut down for a weekend with no consequences what is a 24h in comparison?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
im so bad at following rules that I thought the winners were only the people that guessed the right amount of days. I was bracing for my probe for days.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i definitely made it more complicated than it should've been. i wanted people to grow worried that their numbers were coming up, but that was a big nothing because of how short it was and because it was a mere 6 hr probe. there will be changes next time

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

logikv9 posted:

i definitely made it more complicated than it should've been. i wanted people to grow worried that their numbers were coming up, but that was a big nothing because of how short it was and because it was a mere 6 hr probe. there will be changes next time

Everyone gets probed for however long the shutdown goes.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
(very Chuck Schumer voice) start probating people at random every day once the next deadline hits if no deal has been made this is a good compromise because it will terrify your loyal constituents for assuming that you were acting in good faith and they will rise up against the other mods

(very Mitch McConnell voice) actually just ban them that's even better

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

logikv9 posted:

Well you won't have to wait long for the next round at least

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

C. Everett Koop posted:

Everyone gets probed for however long the shutdown goes.

Ooh, that would be good. Maybe not "everyone", but like, the guesses that are furthest off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ooh, that would be good. Maybe not "everyone", but like, the guesses that are furthest off

i dont know, probating people for 24 hours seems a little weak. because theres no way dems arent caving again

• Locked thread