Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I wouldn’t put it past Morgan to eliminate Ben, but since Morgan has zero chance of winning it would just be 100% spiteful which will *not* help a career that’s already toiling in mediocrity outside of her immediate LA sphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

proud of Aja for keeping her cool on the runway when Bebe said she’d made her own outfit. And how she kept her composure when Bebe wouldn’t let her talk backstage. Also the part where she didn’t call Bebe out at any point, even though she totally had the right.

that elimination was so goddamn shady on so many levels.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the editing and sound in season 2 are definitely improved (though in the confessionals the sound quality is trash).
eliminations in season two are definitely more over the top, but in my opinion it's a better package overall.

Excited to see what season 3 brings us, for sure!

:vince:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I feel like a monster; I totally woulda booted Bebe since I know for drat sure that Ru would slice Morgan out of the top 4 her own drat self.

(oh also imo drag is a queer subculture and cishet folks really have no reason to be there unless it's to support the art and their friends. drag as a cishet woman isn't brave, it's just elevating what's already there.)

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

After sleeping on it, I’m really bothered by Shangela’s lip sync. The gay community is already lovely enough with fat phobia, and the fact that she went for the cheapest laughs possible is really disappointing.
The suit didn’t even look good! Her winning over Trixie’s far more skilled performance put a really bad taste in my mouth, and hurt so many of my friends.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Probably just a lack of interesting material this week. Why stretch it out if nothing fun happens?

if anything, the runway is what needs to be stretched out! I'm not thrilled with how much focus is put into acting challenges, especially since they seem to be set up just to show the girls loving up just enough to get a "rucocococococo" sound effect going.

DIMINISHING RETURNS, PRODUCERS. gotta keep that for when there is straight-up actual goddamn shade!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ru has obviously clocked out and it's a total bummer, but it wouldn't suck to have Michelle come in and help out in the werkroom; she's the real drag mama here if we're gonna be honest with ourselves.

curious to see if/how the dynamic changes in S10; especially since it looks like the werkroom has been changed or is just a totally new space.

I hope there won't be another All Stars season for quite some time. Morgan being brought on to this season was kinda proof that they're out of stars; she's a local WeHo legend but not a Drag Race star, if that makes any sense.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Dragula is also available on amazon prime, which doesn't suck.
it's a really rad (and welcome) alternative to Drag Race; it features a more diverse cast who can get truly freaky with what they do, genderfuck is more prevalent, and it doesn't shy away from being Gay As Hell.

the "extermination" challenges can be a little overwhelming, but they're all based on stuff that the Boulet Bros have legit participated in as part of their shows.
also gotta say that I'm a huge fan of how each eliminated queen gets their own little vignette at the end of the episode showing how they perish.

and, uh... if you're into dudes, their personal assistant Israel is as hot as the loving sun. you may not want to scroll through his insta while at work though. https://www.instagram.com/israelhermes1111/?hl=en

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

would be dope to have the reunion right after the finale because a) no reunion sucks and b) no untucked has meant we have been missing a staggering amount of drama and I NEED THAT

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I get that they tailor challenges to help the queens but fucksake MAKE BEBE DANCE
edit-
ok, Kennedy's is one hell of a glow-up holy poo poo

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 16, 2018

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

SHANGELA ENOUGH WITH GAME OF THRONES AND GODDAMNIT AT LEAST GET YOUR DUMB REFERENCES CORRECT

Ned didn't go under a guillotine you dummy.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I AM SO HERE FOR THIS OH MAN SO EXCITED FOR THIS LIPSYNC

ooooh bitch why'd you take off them heels

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

HELL YES

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Illusive gently caress Man posted:

I love Trixie and I loved the final lipsync, but I don't understand at all why shangela wasn't top two. Especially after the long shot video where she was working it

Also Trixie's outfit reveal felt underwhelming to me. Like oh you're wearing a shorter dress underneath. cool.

she lost because she was up her own rear end this entire season and the jury of her peers got to choose.

Trixie's reveal was great; highfalutin' bathrobe to mod dress was her style in a nutshell and a total delight.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I still can't get over Shangela saying Ned was put under a guillotine. It's super evident that her knowledge of Game of Thrones is probably just memes.

constantly comparing herself to Daenerys, the most problematic character in the series, definitely makes that seem correct.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Bebe was doing a dance that fit really well with not wearing any shoes though. Bebe's dance was inspired by African dance whereas ChiChi's shoes looked really dingy. Stuff like that is what makes the difference in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

I kinda want to stuff Loris in a locker after that lame speech during the brain eating challenge.

it was wildly annoying, but a brave gambit to see if she could get away with eating as little as possible because she was too busy monologuing.

• Locked thread