Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I can't be the only person who played Ocarina of Time a few years after the hype faded and just packed it in on the level where you have to carry that lazy bitch around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Chrono Trigger is technically the best Final Fantasy game.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lost Odyssey

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I can't be the only person who played Ocarina of Time a few years after the hype faded and just packed it in on the level where you have to carry that lazy bitch around

Its basically a really lovely 3D port of Link to the Past that's really lovely.

And reeeeeaally lovely.

Majora's Mask is the best N64 Zelda and might be the best 3D Zelda besides BotW

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Breath of the Wild is like my third favorite 3D Zelda

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The best Zelda game is wind waker

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

They should combine the Pro Bowl and GDQ, alternate football and speedrunning, like chess-boxing. Maybe I'd watch it.

I would not watch it.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shangri-Law School posted:

They should combine the Pro Bowl and GDQ, alternate football and speedrunning, like chess-boxing. Maybe I'd watch it.

I would not watch it.

Football players speed running games. FPDGQ

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The Pro Bowl should be single elimination Madden tournament between the players.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

:same: I never had a 64 and got Oot as a preorder bonus for windwaker. Pretty sure I quit at Jabbu Jabbu. Picked it up again years pater and quit at the water temple. Windwaker loving ruled though.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Tactics is the best FF game and it’s not even close

9 is probably second for me.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

64-man Fighterz tournament.

Mike Daniels / Blake Martinez wins.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Chat Thread is here for all your TFF Video Game Needs:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845255

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Athanatos posted:

yeah keep all your wrong and terrible opinions about video games there please

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So who's going to win the Pro Bowl, Falling Asleep In The Middle While Drunk or Staying Awake Through The Whole Thing While Drunk?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm only watching one all star game tomorrow and that's the NHL's

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Athanatos posted:

I was hoping we would get through an entire page just about bad video game opinions.

Pro Bowl Orlando deserves about that level of respect.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

The Pro Bowl should be single elimination Tecmo tournament between the players. :thurman:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
dead eyes

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
You know he probably used one on his b-hole.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm watching highlights from Super Bowl 1 and it's all defensive highlights from Green Bay. I can't recall the last time GB had a vaunted defense

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I'm watching highlights from Super Bowl 1 and it's all defensive highlights from Green Bay. I can't recall the last time GB had a vaunted defense

Reggie White was pretty good.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://twitter.com/ICEgov/status/956995705943527424

the best defense!!!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Brett definitely needs micro precision.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

If they arrest and deport Tom Brady I will do an absolute about face on the administration.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

swickles posted:

If they arrest and deport Gisele I will do an absolute about face on the administration.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

ICE is so loving evil. I guess we can add them to the list of Super Bowl protest targets.

http://inthesetimes.com/working/entry/20868/super-bowl-workers-labor-unions-Colin-Kaepernick-Minneapolis

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
gently caress ICE, but also, gently caress the Patriots. Go team NFC in the Pro Bowl!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Diqnol posted:

The best Zelda game is wind waker

Yarp

The Pro Bowl is going to own because all time great Bengal Clark Harris is going to play in it for the first time ever.

Clark Harris Pro Bowl MVP.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 28, 2018

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
edit: nevermind

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
DODGE BALL!!!!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I will be "watching" the pro bowl

For background noise

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I can't wait to not watch the Pro Bowl

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Next year the Pro Bowl should just be a Pro bowl of weed that a bunch of players smoke and just bullshit about the season and other poo poo.

I mean they'd all probably be suspended but it'd be worth it and I'd probably actually watch it.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
There's still another loving week.

I hate this

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
You can never have the pro bowl be exciting cause theres no stakes. And there cant be stakes. But heres a crazy idea for how there could be some stakes to it:

The pro bowl is no longer played at the end of the season, but prior to week 1 of the following season. And similar to baseball, this game will determine which of the conferences will get the Superbowl at home. This will do away with the game being held on a neutral field, and knowing where the game will be played at the start of the season.

Teams are selected after the Superbowl, and have the entire offseason to go over plays and prepare for the big game.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I hate literally everything about that

e: Seriously. From having an exhibition game determine real advantages for a team making the Super Bowl to increasing the likelihood of losing a player to injury week 1 thanks to the Pro Bowl

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

TheChirurgeon posted:

I hate literally everything about that

e: Seriously. From having an exhibition game determine real advantages for a team making the Super Bowl to increasing the likelihood of losing a player to injury week 1 thanks to the Pro Bowl

Its a wild idea for how to give the pro bowl some stakes, not a serious suggestion. Anything that really improved the pro bowl would result in a greater injury risk.

My real opinion is there shouldnt be a game at all. But if there has to be, and it has to have stakes, thats how im gonna do it.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Let players gamble on their team in the Pro Bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

You can never have the pro bowl be exciting cause theres no stakes. And there cant be stakes. But heres a crazy idea for how there could be some stakes to it:

The pro bowl is no longer played at the end of the season, but prior to week 1 of the following season. And similar to baseball, this game will determine which of the conferences will get the Superbowl at home. This will do away with the game being held on a neutral field, and knowing where the game will be played at the start of the season.

Teams are selected after the Superbowl, and have the entire offseason to go over plays and prepare for the big game.

That...isn't that bad a suggestion.

• Locked thread