Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

GaussianCopula posted:

Epic Pro Bowl Dodgeball presented by Pepsi: Pro Bowlers will compete in a game of dodgeball, with every member of each team participating. The team with the last person on the court wins.

I hope Alex Smith is competing again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Is that supposed to be a Beatle haircut (mop top), making fun of the idea Alex Guerrero being the Yoko Ono of the Patriots?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I just assumed it was a super bowl cut :shrug:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Badfinger posted:

I wrote up a whole thing about the Eagles picks but it's not worth the effort. Suffice to say, Derek Barnett had a strip sack in the NFC Championship game and this tweet is very stupid.
Actually the tweet is entirely correct; the context that I put it in was stupid and trollish.

In any case, gently caress the Pats forever.

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

Kalli posted:

If the NFL offered to let you suit up and take a hit from an NFL player if you signed a medical waiver, how many people would do it?

Just something like the Jackass skit except you get like really thick football pads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTdRXMKh7VI

I got stiff armed in a flag football game about 8 years ago by a guy that had tried out for the Giants. That's close enough to the sun for me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

I just assumed it was a super bowl cut :shrug:

Yeah, it's a terrible bowl cut pun.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Actually the tweet is entirely correct; the context that I put it in was stupid and trollish.

In any case, gently caress the Pats forever.

It's not correct for the Eagles, but also gently caress the Patriots.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kalli posted:

Dodgeball could be really good. Back in the day there was a weird impromptu kicker competition with Vinatieri and... David Akers I think that was pretty great, so maybe the tic-tac-toe thing is okay.

The drone drop sounds dumb as hell except for when I get drunk and just say "so that's what it's like to be an Afghani wedding" to nobody in particular.

Not a chance in hell.

I had a friend who played Safety for a minor league team.

What made him quit and switch to LaCrosse was when the other team had a RB who was on ARI practice squad run a sweep and it ended up being him vs my buddy for a tackle or TD. He says all he remembers about the tackle is waking up and his facemask was broken in 2.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Looks like the haircuts of those California kids that were tortured by their parents

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/ringer/status/904373448889122817

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Mike Lombardi on Sean McVay before this season lmao

https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/22/16036696/los-angeles-rams-sean-mcvay-stan-kroenke-63646f1f2df2

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lombardi is useful and interesting only when talking about the process of what GM's and scouts do.

Anytime he actually gives his opinions on players, coaches or actual football, woooo booy

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

To be fair to him he did send out a tweet last night saying that Pederson made him look like an idiot and that he has been humbled by him.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/955551897649217537

an extra few games of buck :geno:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
DVOA/Quick Reads are out. Pats are ranked #1 in weighted DVOA with the Eagles at #2. But that #2 is because Philly had the best single game in the last 2 years :stare:. Not only that, it ranks as the 14th best game in DVOA history.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2018/conference-championship-quick-readsdvoa-ratings

quote:

No, the reason the Eagles are now No. 2 in weighted DVOA is that they had the best game of the last two years against Minnesota. Their single-game DVOA of 130.3% was the highest of any game since Carolina walloped Arizona in the NFC Championship Game two years ago. Here are the strongest single games in DVOA history, with playoff games in italics. Two games, the Eagles and the 1986 Giants over San Francisco, are new since we ran this table two years ago.

Before this week's game, the Eagles were down to seventh in weighted DVOA. A normal-sized win would have moved them up to fifth, or maybe fourth. It would not have moved them up as high as this dominating victory. This win also moves the Eagles from No. 6 to No. 1 in total DVOA that includes both the regular season and the playoffs. The Patriots are only fifth in that rating because of their struggles in the first month of the season.

quote:

Nick Foles On second-and-10 at his own 47 with 1:25 to go in the first half, Foles threw an incomplete pass to Mack Hollins. That is notable, because it was his last incomplete pass of the day.

drat.

axeil fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jan 22, 2018

Nov 6, 2002

axeil posted:

DVOA/Quick Reads are out. Pats are ranked #1 in weighted DVOA with the Eagles at #2. But that #2 is because Philly had the best single game in the last 2 years :stare:. Not only that, it ranks as the 14th best game in DVOA history.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2018/conference-championship-quick-readsdvoa-ratings

drat.

Not to temper your enthusiasm but Matt Cassel is also on that list.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Not to temper your enthusiasm but Matt Cassel is also on that list.

There's only 5 playoff games there in the top 15 so it's still notable.

Also noteworthy, Nick Foles's contract auto-voids if he's on the Eagles after mid-Feb 2019 but if he's traded the whole 5-year deal stays intact.

I wonder where he's getting traded this offseason. Cardinals?

axeil fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 22, 2018

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Kalli posted:

If the NFL offered to let you suit up and take a hit from an NFL player if you signed a medical waiver, how many people would do it?

Just something like the Jackass skit except you get like really thick football pads

Mid-20s me would do it without hesitation, just for the gently caress of it.

Mid-20s me also didn't know about his aortic aneurysm that could kill him in 30 seconds if it ruptured, though, so maybe it's good nobody ever offered.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

axeil posted:

Also noteworthy, Nick Foles's contract auto-voids if he's on the Eagles after mid-Feb 2019 but if he's traded the whole 5-year deal stays intact.

Why on earth did he sign a contract like that

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Intruder posted:

Why on earth did he sign a contract like that

If he was looking for a legit chance at starter, it's not the worst contract. Either you're stuck behind Wentz on the depth chart for a year, or you're traded to a team that obviously has some kind of need and gives you an opportunity to move up.

Otherwise, yeah, I dunno.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/thebiglead/status/955552565344854016

he was gonna anchor the studio stuff because tirico's prepping for the olympics

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Kalli posted:

I wouldn’t sign up just to stand there and get blasted by an NFL player, but I would sign up to play a snap at any position I get to choose in a real NFL game, I’d pay to do that actually

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I wouldn’t sign up just to stand there and get blasted by an NFL player, but I would sign up to play a snap at any position I get to choose in a real NFL game, I’d pay to do that actually

Fullback

Whoops here comes the blitzing MLB

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I think it would be a lot of fun to line up as an edge rusher and just get thrown off balance 5 feet backwards by a tackle on a pass play

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Come in as the place kicker and make Suh look like Justin Tucker

Or as the punter only to bobble the snap because you didn't realize just how hard the long snapper rifles that thing and then get blown up since you're allowed to be hit as long as the ball is still in your hands

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Whoops tricked it was actually a crack block by a WR enjoy the hospital.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kalli posted:

Do I get paid? If so how much.

If not?

[bomani] "for who? for what?" [/bomani]

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Costas can go away forever imo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOFQkkwqpEE

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

If he was looking for a legit chance at starter, it's not the worst contract. Either you're stuck behind Wentz on the depth chart for a year, or you're traded to a team that obviously has some kind of need and gives you an opportunity to move up.

Otherwise, yeah, I dunno.

Plus he could always re-negotiate it if he was still behind Wentz after 2 years and wanted to stick around.

It's a weird contract structure but it makes sense. Also makes him amazing trade bait as a trade keeps him on your roster till 2022.

Nov 6, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

RB on a screen play.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Do I get paid? If so how much.

If not?

[bomani] "for who? for what?" [/bomani]

Literally the only point is to let people at the pro bowl get killed by an NFL defensive player.

There is no benefit to any sane person.

Just you standing there as DeMarcus Lawrence works himself into a frenzy and then just shoulder chucks you 10 yards down field in front of a few hundred Orlandoians.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 22, 2018

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
If I was a football player I would be one of those special teams guys that just sorta runs down the field but doesn't tackle anyone on a punt return

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

How did I miss this a month ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gZndxEvFNk

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

axeil posted:

No the contract stays not intact, those are void years only added on for cap purposes (spreading the signing bonus to the maximum allowed 5 years instead of just 2). He has basically a 2 year contract with a cap hit at the end.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Kalli posted:

Literally the only point is to let people at the pro bowl get killed by an NFL defensive player.

There is no benefit to any sane person.

Just you standing there as DeMarcus Lawrence works himself into a frenzy and then just shoulder chucks you 10 yards down field in front of a few hundred Orlandoians.

wait is this a real thing? I thought you were just posing a hypothetical.

This makes zero loving sense. anyone who willingly participates in this needs to have their head examined before. After it won't matter.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No it's not a real thing

He posited it as a hypothetical

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I want drunk assholes to be crippled by football players.

That's all I'm talking about here.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If you in your current level of physical fitness were offered by an NFL team to be paid $1 million but in exchange you have to return a real kickoff, no kneeling or touchbacks or going OOB allowed, would you do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Intruder posted:

If you in your current level of physical fitness were offered by an NFL team to be paid $1 million but in exchange you have to return a real kickoff, no kneeling or touchbacks or going OOB allowed, would you do it?

Easy money.

Given that the opposing team will not try to hurt you but instead just punch the ball out an easy turnover.

• Locked thread