Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

I’m glad guy made the sports thread in a forum where people think “sports ball” is funny or acceptable.

what do you think about the coverup of 200 children being raped, keven?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Henchman of Santa posted:

It doesn't make "sportsball" not an idiotic phrase

your brain is incredibly broken

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
*cracks knuckles* Alright gang let's get down to brass tacks: these kids were not raped playing "Sports Ball" and to use such terms demeans and delegitimizes the hard work of our athletes and faculty. Let's stay focused on the topic at hand, here.

And now to see what that topic i--WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm glad you have your priorities straight. Sure, this may have been a monster who systematically abused young girls and women for decades without repercussion until now, ruining countless number of lives, but the important thing is to remember that the real victim here is the guy who's going to have to face consequences for his actions, and that inconveniencing him and hurting his feelings is what's truly beyond the pale here.

He is going to die in American Pen whether the sentence is 100 years or 100,000,000.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

It takes a lot of effort to become an accessory to sexual assault without being physically present, but we might actually be approaching that legal threshold. Holy poo poo.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
The "very specific group" is the leadership of an institution spending at least two decades (that we're aware of) developing a legal strategy to preempt any ability to investigate hundreds of rapes (that we're aware of) perpetrated by members of that institution. That's not specific at all. That's general.

The more I find out about this the more I'm coming around very loving strongly to stone cold's views.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Honestly that defense attorney probably legitimately doesn't know whether to poo poo or go blind over this case. Like, where can she even begin attempting to do her job regarding this guy?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

PT6A posted:

I think everyone can agree with that

See now you're just saying that, but...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
The Nobel Prize for Excellence In Somehow Making Atrocities Even Worse goes to:

https://twitter.com/charlesornstein/status/979096695484092421