Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
whatever the gently caress d&d canpol is probably belongs here anyway

flakeloaf posted:

a clump of kd cheese in the bowl

dump the noodles into a colander, melt butter in pot, add milk and cheese, mix, then return noodles for coating

look ma no clumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

R. Guyovich posted:

i have no idea why there is a group of people who so vehemently defend bad posting in the other thread but am willing to read someone's explanation of it. the whole thread culture seems very weird and has been flying under the radar for a while due to Canada

feels related to the Canadian impulse to point out and vaguely defend any Canadian who is noticed outside Canada

"they’re Canadian you know"

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Squizzle posted:

the proper air force for canada is a bunch of helicopters rusting out in halifax

every time I see one buzz the harbour I can’t take my eyes off it, thinking it’ll fall in

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

gently caress electronic voting in all forms

no possible upside

many possible downsides

give people meaningful choices and the time to exercise them, or stop pretending that votes matter. computers will not save you

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

Are you too dense to get a very obvious joke or are you stuck in sperg mode because d&d?

I enjoyed the joke :glomp:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

that makes me feel better having picked up one of their books and putting it back down after reading the intro. it was ostensibly about some cool group of people somewhere but it was told entirely from the point of view of the rear end in a top hat colonizer "discovering" the cool group, like they only had value once they were "discovered". weirded me out enough to bail. seems like I made a good choice for once?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

vyelkin posted:

I like how Notley and Horgan are giving each other ample ammunition to say they're standing up for their province's interests against evil outsiders.

it does almost sound like a brilliant attempt to thwart blaming everything on the local ndp. they can’t fight other parties and win, but what if they fought... each other

then Occam’s razor kicks in, all politics are local, etc. etc. but I enjoy those precious seconds before I wake up

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

pcpo looking incompetent but how many provincial parties could realistically deal with a fuckup leader resigning in disgrace a few months before an election and pull off a leadership vote?

yeah they’re incompetent but I doubt they’re especially so given the circumstances

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

please like

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

yiss

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

old stock and those working hard to

age?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

and like most accessibility features, they’re helpful when you’re temporarily impaired too, like when you’re texting and walking

tweet was either grade a trolling or grade f empathy

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

a refreshing change of pace im sure

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

had

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh that's nice, they learned!

not enough. they scrapped the plans to stop changing time zones twice a year

your andp: gutless time cowards

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

buying pot in the middle of the night after waiting around forever, truly a pioneer

hey now, when your provinces main export this month is being in a weird time zone, you make lemonade with them lemons

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

man the bernier peoples party polling numbers are bad, lmao to anyone who said this fucker is going to split the vote

youre going to get an altright socon scheer majority and love it

the gently caress do polls matter at this point?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

THC posted:

pretty sure everyone's grandparents subscribe to Macleans

jokes on you I have no grandparents

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

how the gently caress does a political campaign rack up 2 million in debt in like 3 weeks

run it like a business

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

yes, well, have you seen o'leary's other businesses?

that’s the pattern I was matching to come up with my guess!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

xtal posted:

Ugh, I read almost all of this thinking it was about pasta

seriously. try "carbon-geddon" maybe? boom nailed it

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I liked the effort posts but this apologia for the poo poo posts continues to be baffling

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

they call it Prince Edward Island, the heart of the world
set in the crossroads of the sea

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Another Bill posted:

Who calls it that, blind cartographers or something

Anne calls it that

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

lie your son upon yourself matt, are you a gurney or not???

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Vermain posted:

(apropos of nothing: the room with voice of fire is actually pretty sick and is worth a visit if you ever happen to be by the national gallery)

agreed

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

but u can long distance video call for cheap! it’s like being there

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Powershift posted:

This is something i've often wondered about. In Alberta everything is "The court of Queen's bench" and "the queen's printer"

Are we gonna bother changing all that, as the next monarch clearly won't be a queen, or just tell those inbred cunts to gently caress right off?

with any luck someone will see the budget for changing all the signs and realize, hey, it costs the same to update them to say nothing whatsoever about monarchy

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

this is surely revealing my ignorance, but what is the point of ordering up such a report? you say these two numbers need to meet, then you mandate one of the numbers can’t change, so the result is foregone. I can’t imagine anyone who voted for you caring about the indirection, and I can’t imagine anyone who voted against you being fooled for even a moment. is it to funnel some friends three months' salary? is it to contract out the actual act of governing so you can get back to ignoring town halls?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

vyelkin posted:

it's musical chairs where whoever's left holding the burst housing bubble loses power for a generation

move to nova scotia and you can be without power today!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

im a good canadian because i follow cancon rules when making spotify playlists

all it takes to be good canadian is to follow the law???

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Dr. Stab posted:

If alberta is mordor, is nova scotia the shire?

idk is the shire super racist?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

and a city hello to you!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

no, wait. a regional well-to-do from Halifax

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

James Baud posted:

a labor-friendly province!

A what now?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

that’s a poo poo pegging hand what were you thinking

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

Jesus christ, is someone in this thread trying to defend this monstrosity by bringing up the value of public art in general? Would you be defending a mural celebrating a confederate officer or a residential school? This poo poo is inexcusable, I'm disgusted that it hasn't been destroyed already.

seemed more like a "silver lining" kinda thing, not a defence

half cocaine posted:

Back in July, Vancouver House, the condo tower next to this chandelier had 30+ units for sale. Now there are zero units up for sale. Does anyone know what happened to them? They certainly weren't sold.

I saw something on twitter about developers taking out loans to buy their own unsold inventory, presumably in hopes of relisting when the market improves (and juking the stats in the meantime). don’t remember where or which developers, but maybe that?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

When the message is "gently caress you poor people we're living in unimaginable luxury and laughing at you while you die of exposure in the streets" the fact that public art is being created is not in any way a silver lining.

oh, yeah. I was thinking of "at least it’s sparking conversation"

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

if I buy a chocolate bar am I now a taxpayer? is that what people mean when they refer to a class of people as "taxpayer"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Virtual Russian posted:

This was exactly what people in SW Calgary said about the C-train expansion.

"people cant wait to train out to our unwalkable concrete paradise"