Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

CommonShore posted:

I like Wab and I plan to vote for him and my local candidate but I see nothing of him on any news coverage :(

I'll go follow him.

yeah i'll go give him a follow, I don't see a lot of news.

i live downtown so i feel secure voting communist, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

tbh i walk to work through downtown winnipeg every day and hear all kinds of racist crap and i'm white af, i have a hard time blaming someone who finds the names of those parties kinda dubious

:rip: alberta

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

no one will fuckin notice if we do

god I hate Canada's "image"

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

look, anne of green gables came from there and the law is if you had a famous book about you in the olden days, you get a province. i don't make the rules.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/wpgpolice/status/1121116415426203648

What the gently caress Winnipeg

And here's our responsible media, just asking questions!

https://twitter.com/globalwinnipeg/status/1121439702689746945

i feel like if you're a reporter and you have to deal with the police and they say "oh yeah this hate crime was staged, turns out they did it to themselves" you're fuckin obligated to be like "oh huh what makes you say that" and even if the police dont fuckin say you fuckin print "police declined to offer explanation for this, stating concerns to an ongoing investigation. false crime reports comprise one billionth of one percent of all crime reports so police sayin this poo poo is real fuckin absurd."

but i mean i guess that would get me kicked out of needing to deal with the police real quick and probably out of a job

gently caress's sake

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Saskatoon berries have basically the same nutritional value as blueberries but more fibre so if they came from Brazil instead of the prairies they would be heralded as a new superfood

i think people have tried

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

manitoba prediction: brian pallister is going to call a snap election next week with an election date of july 2nd. they will probably win a majority and use the mandate to start privatizing the remaining MB crown corps

province wants more private sellers of liquor and less markups
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/private-liquor-markup-beer-manitoba-mandate-letters-1.5117165

province tells MPI that auto insurance cant be sold online without involving private brokers
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/brokers-must-be-involved-manitoba-public-insurance-1.5117383

:smithicide:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

sandwiches own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laKEcYUD77k

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

we used to watch telefrancais in french class

stopped clocks

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

There is a competition in Vancouver called Decoding Density that is about how to design buildings with modern ideas and affordability in mind, and I'm just going to submit a lovely apartment block with wings to reduce wind resistance and a smart racing stripe

dont forget the speed holes

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

man gently caress my favourite winter sport is staying indoors where it's warm

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Karach posted:

Suzerain is an incredible game. Been meaning to do a replay since they released 2.0

It is entirely possible to create a communist utopia whole avoiding war with Rumburg. Take some notes, Trudope

ooh yeah i should probably revisit the game now, i had a great time with my couple playthroughs not long after it came out. Bonus points for it making me think all the text in the game in a mildly insensitive Chekov-esque exaggerated russian accent.

lmao though i actually managed somehow to get onto the new disability program in manitoba that is apparently stupid difficult to qualify for (unambiguously white name privilege maybe i guess) so i should actually qualify for that june signup (and good god i need it) but jesus christ this is what happens when your entire platform hinges on 'people will vote for us because have you seen the other guy'

bunnyofdoom posted:

FWIW, in 2003, Chretien did bring in regulation that brought the per vote subsidy and critically, banned corporate donations in federal elections.

So like, an unambiguously good thing, although tbf it also banned union donations.

lmao at this uncomfortable feeling of vague nostalgia for fuckin chretien. i'm not even too terribly fussed about banning union donations in the process of banning corporate donations, they are not the same thing but for the purposes of political donations, i'm not going to lose sleep over that

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

lmao i just found out today that my family doctor fired me as a patient for being trans back in december lmao, my gender menders sent over the info about my HRT so she could take over the prescribing and she straight refused; I told her fine, I'd take care of it. A couple weeks later I got a call from a clinic I have never been to asking me to get back to them about my T; I had just gotten a refill so I didnt need more and had a lot of other stuff going on so I let it go and mostly forgot.

Today I got a call from that clinic and found out that my doctor had, without my knowledge or consent, forwarded them all my information with the intention that they be my new family practice.

lol. lmao. gently caress.

as it happens my MLA is both queer and the health minister so im calling their constituency office in the morning; I was just gonna file a complaint with the college of physicians but i suspect theyre uniquely able to provide advice.

e: like the above post, I dont disagree and i dont have a lot of hope but in this case at least my individual representatives have shown themselves to be pretty good. at the end of the day i still file that fuckin complaint

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

And we're barreling headlong into handing the reins over to a lie-spewing demagogue and all I can contribute is proofreading transcripts full of his nonsense or I get to listen and record the absolute failure of anyone to hold him accountable.

I need a different job, I think. And some sleep, no use moaning about this at midnight.

honest to god serious question, how would one go about getting such a job? this is obviously a hosed up question to ask when it's clearly done a number on you, but this intersects with one of my interests (the rhetoric of far-right ideology) so I think I'd be able to handle it for a while.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Albino Squirrel posted:

I would do all of the above. At the very least forwarding your medical info without your consent is a breach of ethics and dipshit doctors need the college to come down on them like a hammer.

yeah deffo. i was coincidentally planning to look for someone else because how badly she jerked me around on my arthritis as it arose last year, I just hadnt had the spoons because, as it happens, a crippling autoimmune disease causes some debilitating amounts of pain. I'm much improved now, no thanks to her, so I was planning to get to it soon, but not like this.

Arc Hammer posted:

[a lot of really good info]

thanks, I really appreciate it; when I get some headspace I might polish up the ol' resume and go looking at ye olde job postings. I have some transcriptionist experience and the ability to hear a lot of hateful garbage and mentally treat it as an exercise in seeing how it's constructed.

neongrey has issued a correction as of 07:52 on Feb 7, 2024

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

dentalcare is single payer and that payer is Sun Life

man gently caress when i worked at skip they changed to sun life insurance and it was the best fuckin insurance i ever had in my life including when i worked for the province :smith:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

apatheticman posted:

Rosser Ave in Brandon is named after a Confederate general.

There's more history than you think

p sure weve got an RM by that name as well, somewhere around winnipeg

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Karach posted:

But won't somebody think of the deeply retarded?]

could you not with this please, being a sack of poo poo has nothing to do with being developmentally disabled and I find the association really upsetting

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

iirc they're mostly going to Manitoba

it's literally been my lifelong dream to live anywhere else lmao

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

one finger on the monkey's paw curls and you awaken in saskatchewan

my phone bill would be slightly cheaper at least

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

it's nice of her to put so much effort into making gender-neutral bathrooms

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

lol so thats why i was seeing attempted haigiography about him and climate stuff

didnt even have the courtesy to say he was dead so i could get a bit of joy before rolling my eyes

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

why not both

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I had no idea there even was a Jewish community in BC. Is she a transplant?

i can't imagine why there wouldn't be one most places, tbh

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

i miss rob ford

you really need to work on that aim, it's not like he's a moving target

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

One of their cast went up to PP and told him that he is glad to meet and hopes he stays as member of the opposition for the rest of his life. Then PP just stumbled over his words. :lol:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7348093037484018949

you know what good for them

also didn't know they were still on the air so hey that's nice

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

I did notice a fun fact in the injunction article where CBC quoted a John Efford Jr., who I'm pretty sure is the same John Efford Jr., son of a former Newfie Fishery minister, who was fined for illegally harvesting squid in 1999. Not relevant but lol

reminds me of an old family anecdote; while my supposed great-grandfather was in jail for fencing fishing nets, my great-grandmother took in a norwegian boarder to help make ends meet, this being the depression

and that's the story of how i'm one eighth norwegian

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Math You posted:

You don't need to acquire a taste for bright acidic flavours that contrast the beef and oil on a burger. It doesn't have anchovies on it or something.

Momma burger is the most balanced fast food burger in Canada and their onion rings are fantastic. Everything else sucks hth

i get teen or mozza burgers too sometimes but yeah u rite the mama burger is the best thing on the menu

mustard mustowns

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

it would be nice if it wasn't so believeable

welp

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I still like whatever tomato soup from tims that they sell in cans I just can't afford to spend four bucks on soup most of the time

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

theres a place ive ordered from that does it with avocado as a vegetarian version and it also owns

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

back in 2022 i lost a job that i'd had for five years. got four months of EI. fuckers.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

jesus christ

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Albino Squirrel posted:

My favourite thing about Edmonton is that the Ukrainian Youth complex near my mother-in-law's house has its own Wikipedia page based on a statue of a Nazi.

Although TBF most of the people of Ukrainian descent I speak to are less "pro-Nazi" and more "anti-getting-invaded" which is a rather more agreeable opinion. My wife's family, like many Ukrainian-Albertans, have been in the Prairies since the first bit of the 20th century and so missed both the rise of communism and the reactionary bullshit that followed.

yeah its real frustrating and disappointing to keep finding out about all this nazi poo poo; my mother's side of the family (even the norwegian lol) all came over early 20th too, and im pretty sure my stepmother's family did then also, so well before any of that went on.

at least on my dads side my gigi fought on the right side at stalingrad, and my pink baba machine gunned nazis that she caught on her land; that sides all polish but close to the border with ukraine, as i understand it. pretty sure they were landlords so that sucks but they sure didnt keep it lol

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

i remember liking mcdonalds pizza quite a lot but i was also a literal child, you put anything covered in melted cheese in front of one of those and theyll be a happy camper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

if youre gonna make a joke like that you should probably remember to include more than just the punchline