Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The amount of nationalism that Tim Hortons tries to spray onto our citizens is staggering, despite most people seeing right through it and seeing the giant Brazilian megacorp cutting costs and gutting anything redeemable about Tim Hortons out of the stores on a daily basis.

Look you guys! It's [Popular hockey player in the NHL] and he's playing timbits hockey with [kids that look like everyone, inclusive!]! God I love Canada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

Absolutely, gently caress all rurals

Whoa easy there, Canada Post.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Whoa gas this ableist thread.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Cough

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/bell-media-host-mental-health-1.3950097

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

The best part about that Vice interview is the guy calls out the whole outrage culture/right-wing counter culture all living in a bubble on university campuses and isn't really real outside of academia.

Which is true and correct. None of this poo poo matters when you have bills to pay.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Most teachers don't experience life outside of academia and don't understand how much of a bubble they live in. They're set up to be a horrible example to guide kids into the real world.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

namaste friends posted:

let me guess you're a self taught InfoSec professional and public post secondary education is just a scam because anyone can become as successful as you with a little Moxy and gumption

Nah B, I did 2 years of history at Brock and I'm in Quality/Operations at an Aerospace company now.

I did bootstrap a little, but I'm incredibly lucky.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Typo posted:

FORD

*CLICK*

Load ur gun mate

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Was it a nuanced "I Don't know" with waffling opinions weighing out each potential negative and each potential positive?

or was it a *Shrug* "I 'unno"

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/RWJBoon/status/986687587057356801

Your conservative party everyone.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

That guy just really loves spicy food

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/Mikeggibbs/status/1058369442382397440

I just don't understand how that got through the spitballing stage.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

It was likely procured from Provincial Sign Shop

https://www.toronto.com/news-story/8574413-provincial-sign-shop-in-etobicoke-is-where-ontario-road-signs-are-made/

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Randalor posted:

What place is that so we can refuse to do business with them because they are putting me (read: the customer) in danger?

Tim hortons

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's amazing how many of Ontario's fuckups can be traced back to him. Even the Fords wouldn't be a thing if their idiot father wasn't a Harris backbencher.

Selling off the 407? Harris
Cancelling the Eglinton subway? Harris
Walkerton? You know that was Harris

Mass privatization of Elderly Healthcare Facilities
Created Ontario Works as a way to defund ODSP Resulting in: ()
Amalgamations efforts
Ipperwash Crisis

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

https://www.canadalandshow.com/trudeau-family-paid-by-we-organization/

Hah hah Libs gon' lib.

Rise up NDP, rise up.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

The green party are just conservatives who accept climate change is real.

Their green jackets are lined blue on the interior.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

When you realize that the CERB is just an economy stimulus sent directly to the populace instead of to whoever the government choses - it's quite possibly the best and most fair economic stimulus I've seen in my lifetime in Canada.

The cons love to say people are squirreling it away and it's being abused - but surely it's mostly going into either debt repayment or into the economy; if it was squirreled away; it's sitting in a 2% HISA at best doing nothing, no big deal.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I give it ten years before the libs and ndp make a coalition to get a majority government, merge parties, and nobody aside from a handful of ndp voters will care.

Conservatives will literally shout R A E D A Y S until their cold hate filled hearts die of old age in our publicly funded hospitals

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

yippee cahier posted:

apparently leftists are planning on brigading the green party before a leadership vote, anyone got any ideas if that could work?

Oh Christ - now the left is going to be split between the NDP and the Greens?

gently caress me just start a labour party and actually build from there.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

People love to ignore the fact that CERB is literally the most successful economic injection of cash in my lifetime and it was done by paying the citizens cash. direct.

The Conservatives would've given us a 5$ Petro Can gas voucher and a "tax rebate" at the end of the year while touting "more money in your wallet"

People were obviously going to take advantage of it - so be it. Let the CRA sort it out. If it pressures the CRA with capacity, well now you're a job creator good stuff. Landlords NEEDED to be paid immediately! Why hasn't anyone thought of the Landlords!!??

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

This is going to be good. I'm sure there will be a decent amount of normalizing socialized healthcare to a lot of Hasan's American audience. Maybe dispel some myths, provide some resources yknow the whole thing

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Hasan is incredibly important to exposing left wing talking points to terminally online people who are subjected to right wing rhetoric from everywhere they go other than twitch. The amount of people he's probably turned from reactionary right wing edgelords into a left leaning member of society is probably staggeringly high.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Vermain posted:

i recall something similar regarding hbomberguy, with stories from someone who works on university campuses finding out that a lot of college-aged dudes that otherwise held right wing opinions got sorted out watching his vids

It's funny because we're kind of truly blessed with Twitch as they have created a platform where their firm and hard stance on poo poo means they're basically the only place on the internet were fascists can't congregate without (real) impunity.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I look forward to the Blue Jays Stadium in Newmarket:

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Starks posted:

This isn't America, it's much harder to go to jail for tax fraud here.

Yeah imagine living in a country that ends up spending more money to punish people (by virtue of paying for a citizen to be in jail) than it would be to forgive the tax fraud lol

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Mike Harris strikes again from beyond the grave

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

....is there anyone still alive from the Royal Canadian Air farce?

They say Mike from Canmore is still dumping a metric ton of sugar into his coffee to this very day...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Oh yes, giant tiger. Where half of the customers coming in at 8 am for smokes are already drunk (and driving to work), and I had to physically restrain a 50 year old man who wanted to beat up the 16 year old cashier.

The spirit of Biway lives on!

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Rutibex posted:

lol the ontario vaccine booking site is interesting. are you aged 65-79? get hosed!

It's horrible communications.

They're prioritizing the other two vaxxes for 80+

the Astro Zenica one hasn't been tested for 65+ so that's where the gap is.

You just have to go to the next page and expand a bunch of text boxes to actually get told that - it's HORRIBLE communications... Which is par for Ontario govt.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I look forward to Doug Ford ramming this through before the election

https://pressprogress.ca/uber-is-lobbying-canadian-provinces-to-rewrite-labour-laws-and-create-a-new-underclass-of-workers/

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Macleans is weird - they have Andray Domise regularly write in their paper which is exactly the opposite of what Maclean's should/would want in their magazine

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I hope Doug unintentionally alienates like half his voting base who were ride or die in love with Trump despite having 3 government issued replacement joints and a heavily union backed pension by sucking biden's proverbial dick

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nevermind the fact that we have like 0 people hired to actually go through actual contact tracing measures

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

saints gambit posted:

I signed up to volunteer for contact tracing and additionally was then contacted by stats can to be employed to do contract tracing. Nothing ever came of it.

Can I guess that this timeline was probably all around june or july?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/DavidHains/status/1377689092792672256

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Hey guys I'm starting to think that this Douglas Ford guy just isn't cut out for this...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Risk Management is when people make fun spreadsheets to justify doing something incredibly risky and acknowledging it's risky as all hell and blindly moving forward not the inverse lmao

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Went to a fitness supply store to pick up a bench and the staff all had the valved exhaust masks. Dude who helped me seemed... irritable? Roided up maybe? While waiting for them to get it from the back I noticed they had the blue masks on sale for $14.88 a case. Then a few other items for $14.88 or $1488.00. Very cool, will never return!

name and shame friend i dont wanna inadvertently support nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I don't wear Helly Hanson because walking around with HH logos all over you is a bad look