Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

autism ZX spectrum posted:

One time a buddy gave me these weird stimulant leaves from Ethiopia that you pack in like chewing tobacco and no poo poo I studied for about 4 or 5 hours.

That kinda sounds like cocoa leaves, you might have been budget-coked out of your gourd for those 4.5 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

make-work project for glaziers

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I should get a tax credit for my new years resolution to get a vasectomy as soon as 2020 starts

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I made most of my money from that oil and I gotta say, good riddance

Those camps were really bad psychologically though but by the end they were at least getting really comfortable, the last camp I stayed in everyone had a double bed in their soundproof rooms and while a bit cramped due to the size of the bed it was more comfortable to sleep in than most hotels I've stayed in

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

What kind of madman simulates sex acts while naked

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

The gently caress? I thought Walter, Peter and Olivia closed the other universe, how is Walternate back???

I thought the other universe was still there but they couldn't access it without massive cortexephan abuse

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

say what you will about sovereign citizens but I have yet to witness one cause a resonance cascade

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Is Alberta actually only testing travellers or is that just reddit hearsay?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I'm kind of worried the virus chaos is going to be used as a distraction to round up and finish slaughtering the natives as soon as the opportunity presents itself

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Randalor posted:

Honest question, is it okay to order takeout/delivery?

Delivery has been exposed to less people than grocery store beans even with the customer limit every store is enforcing and I can't imagine the corvids will live after being cooked, the packaging and the delivery driver are possible vectors of infection though. Still not as safe as dumping your beans in the quarantine bin next to your front door for 3 days after purchase but I'd argue the risk is fairly low by ordering two dozen mcmuffins and just washing your hands after handling the packaging

edit: just read all the posts that showed up while I was slowly hammering my face on the keyboard, looks like i'm a idiot don't do this

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just stuff everything in a corner with a piece of paper with "BEWARE CORVIDS" scrawled on it and sit huddled in the opposite corner until it's safe

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

still doesn't help all the people from the tarsands who got laid off ages ago and haven't been able to find work because who hires tarsand workers except the tarsands

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

it's worth making sure if you've got the stomach to handle the bi-annual goose hunt before you take the plunge and move, canadians don't usually warn outsiders about this fowl tradition and it's the leading cause of death for canadians by a honking margin

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

you're still gonna have to deal with american taxes they just don't take extra money most of the time, however if I remember right there's literally zero penalty for not bothering they just really want you to, also the american government can look through any bank accounts with your name on them that you open in canada including ones shared with non-americans

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

lol at this guy being woefully unprepared for what we're all actually doing when they put the fake hockey games on tv

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Pinterest Mom posted:

that account appears to be 100% earnest???? aaaaa

horny is an essential service

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

What the he'll is toast-oat

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

probably gonna blame edmonton voters

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

weren't they supposed to do a wage top-up for essential workers who don't make gently caress all, like every single person risking their lives ringing up beans at the beanery

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

have the essential workers gone on strike yet

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

has anyone noticed a bunch more coyotes roaming around at night in Edmonton the past week they're scaring the poo poo out of me

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

CommonShore posted:

I'm curious what you'd think of my current grocery regimen -

I go to a store in my neighbourhood about 40 minutes before closing, when it's super dead. I've been going 2-3x per week, picking up things for a few different households if anyone in my group chat or my mom needs things. Is that reasonable or am I being a poo poo?

not the guy you quoted but here's my hot take on your strategy

you're going when it's nearly empty, probably not encountering many employees because it's nearly empty and also helping other people avoid people by shopping for them at the same time, also because you're shopping near closing that means you're picking through the leftover products that might be getting replenished by the night crew anyway ensuring that the higher risk shoppers showing up at the old-person hour in the morning can get the things they're comfortable eating so they don't end up with weird poops from unexpected diet changes (the weird poops could also change how their bodies process their meds)

you're probably the best customer on the planet and if noone else appreciates your choices at least know that forum user blatman appreciates them

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

This is basically the only place on the internet Alberta people can find other Alberta people who aren't massive chuds

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Danaru posted:

Anyone hear any news about that 2500 a month top up for essential workers? The site just says more details will follow.

Also I dont know if every bank has it, but the CIBC app has an option under customer services where you give them the info, check an authorization box, and they'll set up CRA direct deposit for you :v: sure beats the gently caress out of that paper mail password thing what the gently caress

Some workplaces involved have sent out vague "this is coming! we don't know what it's gonna be like or when so please don't quit" messages, glad I could help (they're going to gently caress it up somehow)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I wonder if you could justifiably refuse to work during business hours due to exposure to dumbshit customers and just cruise through the pandemic on nights, why are stores even open to the public? reroute employees to filling orders, allow customers to place orders at the front door to someone in a loving moon suit and then just shotput their groceries into the parking lot

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Does anyone have any idea why some essential employers are asking reservists to self-identify?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

littleorv posted:

Just to be clear here: I would rather look insane than have a whole bunch of people die

to be fair, this is one of those situations where you can have your cake and body count too

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

to be fair that's better prep work than I do for debates which is to shotgun one of those gallon milk jugs full of LSD which I assume is common practice for debates these days

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Does anyone else feel that the Alberta reopening plan is a little too optimistic? They haven't outright said this but it feels like they want bars open for may long weekend

https://www.alberta.ca/external/covid19-alberta-relaunch-strategy.pdf

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

infernal machines posted:

i mean pretty much anyone on somethingawful is probably on a watchlist already

honestly I'm pretty sure 10% of goons are intelligence agents

you know who you are cowards, i'll never give you back the lojack it's mine now

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

seize the beans of poutines

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

a primate posted:

just ban all handguns and semi autos. single load bolt-actions only, for hunting. if you miss your food, get good.

what kind of casual uses a rifle for hunting when you could instead dodge-roll behind the moose and cleave it in half with your zweihander

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

even the Romans had a good ol sports riot, it's part of civilization at this point

to be fair they also wore dong charms to ward off evil spirits, I know this because of a buzzfeed article from the before-times and buzzfeed would never lie to us

I can confirm this works because any time I wear a giant phallic necklace I don't get bothered by evil spirits so the romans had some pretty good information for their day

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

has the cool zone stuff bled into canada yet I haven't read the news yet and i'd rather hear it from goons

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

thank you for the status update, I will proceed to not panic yet

please notify me when it is time to gather the dragonballs and wish for a well-stocked bunker in the mountains

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

milk is an ingredient not a beverage

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I think cspam should run as a collective for prime minister

we are all prime minister on this blessed day

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I miss the before times when we had electricity in alberta

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Cue two hundred rednecks saying that this is what it would be like all the time if we used renewables for power

honestly this already happens all the time, alberta has lousy power uptime compared to similar places

if only we could find something shittier than coal to burn then we wouldn't be in this mess, maybe we can burn engine oil or almonds or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Fried Watermelon posted:

Buddy you got called a "hero" that's worth so much more than money...

I like the tweet way back that said something like "we're not heroes we're hostages"